T-mobile or Verizon?

TwiggyPop

Does anybody have either of these cell phone providers? I have AT&T now and I hate it!! It says fewest dropped calls.....my ASS!! It drops 8 out of 10 calls and I'm always breaking my phones because when I'm on an important call and it keeps getting dropped I get pissed and throw my phone.
I just really need to switch and don't know where to go. Any help?

Dreamergirl3

I'd go with Verizon. I currently am with T-Mobile and have been for years and I'm SO looking forward to getting away from them! Same experience as you, tons of dropped calls, and very bad reception most of the time. Sucks cuz I really like their choice in phones but after so much frustration I'm really fed up.

The rest of my family and bf are with Verizon and they've hardly had any problems over the years.

rimberry

I have Tmobile and I rarely if ever have had a dropped call. In all honesty, I've been with them for about 4 yrs and have hardly had any problems. Just last month I was notified that I was eligible for their loyalty plan which took off about 60 dollars a month off my bill.

LaVixxen

I had T-mobile before, I had verizon before and now im with At&t. Let me tell you I HATE AT&T and VERIZON. I cant wait till my contract is over to go back to T-mobile.

COBI

I can't speak to AT&T or T-Mobile, but I switched from my current carrier to Verizon (because I wanted the storm) and I switched back less than 7 days later because I kept dropping calls (in spots where I never had problems before) and if I didn't switch back, I was going to end up breaking phones because I wanted to throw the phone by the end of day 3.

My sister has T-mobile, and I've never heard her complain. I don't anyone who raves about their verizon service, but most complain. By comparison, though, my sister is the only one that I know that has T-mobile. Most people I know have Verizon or US Cellular because they are the major carriers in my local area.

TISH1124

I switched from Verizon to At&T many years ago...However I don't recall having problems with dropped calls with Verizon, just pricing issues...I get a discount with AT&T so that was more the reason for my switch not service issues..I have never had T-mobile...But my friends all complain of the lack of package options...Not sure about that never looked.....i have had no issues with AT&T as far as dropped calls ever...Guess with any service depends on your service area....The one I would never have again is SPRINT!! ugghhhh

clslvr6spd

I have been with T-mobile for 5+ years. They have been very good to me, I never have dropped calls & my 3G service works great!
I personally think Verizon has way overpriced plans for what you get minute wise.
I actually converted J over from Verizon....The Google phone helped in that as well!
winks.gif

BEA2LS

i like verizon but it was too expensive. i switched to sprint but they had so many problems with customer service and what not that i was out as soon as my contract was done.
i have t-mobile now, its alright.. the service sometimes isnt the best but its decent enough. i like my phone and its affordable.

carandru

As far as customer service goes, T-mobile wins hands down. As long as your account is in good standing, they are pretty much willing to do anything for you. We've gotten so many discounts by just calling and asking.

So, if you have tmobile AND they have good coverage in your area. I would go w/ them. However if you are big on phone technology, you will note that Tmobile often has the slowest and smallest processors on the market. Most people won't notice and probably don't care either.

If they don't have good coverage, I probably still wouldn't go w/ verizon, but that's just b/c I don't like their phones. They load them w/ crappy verizion programs that bring down the functionality and performance of the phone overall. I do believe they generally have good coverage and a fast 3G network.

Just some things to consider.

MrsRjizzle

I loved T mobile. Their customer service was fantastic. But Where I moved I couldnt get reception AT ALL. It was so annoying. I had a sidekick and even at work in my office building it wouldnt even send the messages through. I switched to verizon and have never dropped a call or had problems with reception.... Hope you find one that works!

L1LMAMAJ

Verizon. I personally have it and haven't gotten too many dropped calls. I'll admit I do get dropped calls in certain areas on my bed but I'm gonna live with it. When I'm going from place to place, Verizon rarely drops my calls. I made the switch from AT&T and it was a great decision. AT&T sucks monkey balls.

I don't know much about T-mobile but I haven't heard anything too bad about it.

Oh and another thing is that Verizon lowered their rates. They're now comparable to AT&T's rates (except they still have different perks. ATT has the rollover but Verizon has the friends and family plan now) so it's affordable. This is as of last Christmas because that was when I made the switch. I don't think they raised the prices back up but you should check. Good luck!

BeccalovesMAC

I love T-mobile. I had them for ten yeas now member they were called Voice stream back in the day? lol Remember catherine Zeta jones used to do their commercials? Thats how long I have been with them. Their customer Service is great and I will always stay loyal to them.

BeccalovesMAC

if you stay with them forever (tmobile) you get this plan called the loyalty plan...I get unlimited everything for 39.95 a month. You cant beat that

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
if you stay with them forever (tmobile) you get this plan called the loyalty plan...I get unlimited everything for 39.95 a month. You cant beat that

WOW that is a good deal!! We switch around too much to be considered loyal customers to any company. Haha pays to stay around!

Still trying to convince myself I need unltd text.

clslvr6spd

Quote:

Yep! Just got offered that & took them up on that offer!
yes.gif

Dreamergirl3

hmm I need to find out about the loyalty plan! It's been about 4 years, maybe that's not long enough. Do you know if this applies to data plans (phones like G1 or blackberry)?

If so then I would consider putting up with Tmobile for a lot longer, lol!

rimberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
hmm I need to find out about the loyalty plan! It's been about 4 years, maybe that's not long enough. Do you know if this applies to data plans (phones like G1 or blackberry)?

If so then I would consider putting up with Tmobile for a lot longer, lol!

It does and I had no problems when I switched to it. It also doesn't extend your contract when you switch.

TwiggyPop

Quote:

Question; how long do you think you'd have to stay with them to be considered a loyal customer? Maybe 5 years? By the sounds of the answers from everyone on here, that would be my guess.

Ruby_Woo

I've had all major phone carriers, and personally I absolutly LOVE the coverage Verizon provides. I have nvr had a dropped call as of yet (knock on wood) and I get reception where other people don't. I can go into TJ and not be roaming. Almost to Rosarito before it switches to roaming.

The only thing is, that the phones are not the best. if you get a blackberry, it doesn't come w/ the Navigation thing, you have to PAY for it. It is waaay pricey! seriously. WAY over priced.

They signed me up for a VIP program recently, I think its because my contract is about to end soon, or I dunno, I never miss payments and always pay early. I don't know if that matters, but they VIP program doesn't have many perks.

I am actually looking into the G1 or the new BB 8900 from T-mobile just cuz those phones look effin sweeeet!!

smiles.gif

i think it depends on where you're located honestly.
from MY PERSONAL experience..verizon doesn't get reception everywhere, sometimes even in local areas. they're expensive though. t-mobile sucks personally, horrible phones and HORRIBLE reception.

i'm now with AT&T and have been for the past few years and they've never done me wrong. reception literally everywhere i go even when i travel.

the only thing about verizon phones is that they hold all your files (music etc.) on a battery like thing..AT&T does it by a sim card.

i could get a phone from another company as long as it operates with a sim card and i'm set! so i don't have to get a cingular phone.

good luck though!

Latest posts