Taste of Home

chiquilla_loca

I thought it would be fun to start a show & tell thread regarding your home.
Show us a picture of your city, country, home, historic landmarks, etc.

Susanne

I will search for pics!!
yes.gif

kimmy

we have a chapel made out of liquor bottles! i need to find a photo, or go take one...it's pretty neat.
smiles.gif

TheeBettyBoop

Here's where I live -it looks like there's not much, but there's a lot of stuff to do if you like the outdoors =] -
ridgecrest_oasis.jpg

pinacles24.jpg

I dont have a picture of the Sierras but is beautiful, and the best part is the open and clear sky every night; wonderful in meteor shower nights =]

TISH1124

Dallas, Texas

Sunrise - Skyline
Dallas_Skyline_01.jpg

Night View -Skyline
DallasSkyline.jpg

American Airline center

Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks

1792295977_3897ee210d.jpg

35955392NkKtFT_fs.jpg

mavs20208.jpg

Cowboy Stadium

Cowboy-Stadium-Interior.jpg

Texas flower - Blue Bonnet (They cover the ground and they are gorgeous)
bluebonnets3806.jpg

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBettyBoop
Here's where I live -it looks like there's not much, but there's a lot of stuff to do if you like the outdoors =] -
ridgecrest_oasis.jpg

pinacles24.jpg

I dont have a picture of the Sierras but is beautiful, and the best part is the open and clear sky every night; wonderful in meteor shower nights =]

Ah... is this near the 14 FWY? (towards the end of it)

makeupmami

City of New orleans
smiles.gif
these r not my pics they r random 1s frm photobucket but whenever i get a chance to go downtown i will take sum n def post them up
yes.gif

new-orleans.jpg

where all the magic happens lol
DSC_0275.jpg

mardi30.jpg

tong.gif

000_0038.jpg

Blushbaby

London, England.

Here are some pics my boyf took when he here last month.

Houses of Parliament taken from the top of The London Eye
CIMG4809.jpg

River Thames & London Eye
CIMG4806.jpg

Tower Bridge (which featured in Fergie's Video - which she mistakenly called London Bridge. Duh!)
CIMG4694.jpg

Buckingham Palace. The crowds were there to watch the changing of the guards. You should have seen the crowds on our side! Crazy!
IMG_0931.jpg

Yagmur

That's a cool Thread
thmbup.gif

I live in a small Town near to Munich. Here are my Pictures:

Lake Ammersee:
CIMG0186.jpg

"Kurparkschlösschen" Castle/Mansion in Herrsching:
CIMG1856.jpg

Sunset over the Lake Ammersee:
CIMG0182.jpg

"Kloster Andechs" - Andechs Monastery:
LR_Kloster_Andechs_Winteransicht_Fo.jpg

"Kloster Andechs" - Andechs Monastery:
CIMG0037.jpg

View from "Kloster Andechs":
1-438aea443bd6003a5318f3e1689ca9e7.jpg

Can you see the Alps:
CIMG0007.jpg

Lake Starnberger See with the Alps in the Background:
800px-Starnberger_See_mit_Alpen.jpg

Oktoberfest:
800px-Oktoberfest.jpg

User35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBettyBoop
ridgecrest_oasis.jpg

pinacles24.jpg

wheres this at ? looks familiar and you said sierras...I live in the eastern sierras. Ridgecrest maybe ??????

shea_47

Here are a couple snaps of Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are located on Lake Superior, roughly 8 hours east of the Manitoba border and 16 hours west from Toronto. Literally, the middle of nowhere. But it's really lovely here and there has never been smog. We have hundreds and hundreds of natural wonders but I'll just show you 2.

I'm a history major, so here's some history: In the late 1700's and through to about 1823 there was a fur trading fort located where THunder Bay now sits, off of the Kaministiqiua River. It was called Fort William, after William MacGillivray of the North West Company. After the merger of the NWC with the HBC, the fort fell into disrepair and then out of use. Voyageurs settled in the area in farms and it was turned into a farm community of Fort William.
Less than 50 km away, the MacGillivray family settled by the natural harbour, which was called Port Arthur. The two towns, Fort William and Port Arthur grew into each other, and in the 1960's, was merged into a city: they put out a vote to people and the options were to name the city "The Lakehead", "Lakehead" or "Thunder Bay". Votes were split between the two Lakehead options, therefore the random name "Thunder Bay" was picked as winner.

This is Kakabeka Falls, situated right off of the Trans Canada Highway in Kakabeka township, the 'suburbs' if you will. It has its own camp site and pretty beach downriver too.
thunder_bay_sc84.jpg

This is the 'Sleeping Giant'. In all actuality, it's a peninsula that acts as a natural break in our harbour. The Sleeping Giant has its own native myth attached to it but I can't remember, and it's too long anyways. But the head is on the left, and the torso is the second bump from the left. And here are some typical city houses on the Port Arthur end of town.
pic_wonder_sleeping_giant_lg.jpg

And here's two pics of my own!

IMG_5531.jpg

We are literally in a mountain bowl. But it's good, tornadoes either can't make the mountains or get sucked up by the lake. There has only ever been one tornado here in recorded history. It happened in 1998 and grew in strength over the lake, so we were kinda screwed, haha.

IMG_5538.jpg

...yes, there is still snow here.

LMD84

i'm from lincoln in the uk. it's quite a nice place to live. i live uphill near the cathedral which is very pretty.
smiles.gif

d3a3af3b.jpg

ac2d1e38.jpg

this is steep hill in lincoln - it's extremely steep and this picture does not do it justice!

5b1e4461.jpg

this is the brayford pool where there are nice resturants, cinema and university

116bb37f.jpg

and this is next to the waterside shopping centre

41d778c5.jpg

kittykit

Love this thread!
smiles.gif

I live in Prague, Czech Republic.

347941213_f33e6c79d6.jpg

This is the infamous astronomical clock in the Old Town Square.

335543790_af7c578079.jpg

The Wenceslas Square, that's where you can find the main MAC store!
smiles.gif
The building behind the statue is the National Museum.

2685611711_69442ae8fa.jpg

Another view of the Wenceslas Square.

174771143_5dcf7c11d2.jpg

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Ah... is this near the 14 FWY? (towards the end of it)

Pretty much, major HWY is the 395. Have you been here?

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
wheres this at ? looks familiar and you said sierras...I live in the eastern sierras. Ridgecrest maybe ??????

hehe, you guess right.
yes.gif

Sry, I forgot to type the name of where I live

Latest posts