#TEAMBUYITALL

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Have you guys seen / heard anything about the Marc Jacobs contour powder duos? Just saw pics on Instagram. I'm very intruiged, just wish the brand was available here.

Medgal07

Ooo I see a baume there!! Enable me enable me!!
th_happy1.gif
I did a second layer over the first swatch and it's VERY pigmented. I can't wait to try it on my face. I'll first put on my Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, then I'll put on Dior Cheek Glow, allow it to dry and then put on my Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation. By putting the cheek glow under my foundation, I'll have the opportunity to cover the cheek glow to the right level---avoiding clown cheeks. The more I look at my hand, the more I like it!!! I keep sniffing my hand too.

​This particular baume is a very quiet everyday color. You may prefer something brighter.

Vineetha

Have you guys seen / heard anything about the Marc Jacobs contour powder duos? Just saw pics on Instagram. I'm very intruiged, just wish the brand was available here.
I saw that nay!! It looks nice! Would have tagged the pic in that thread if "you know who " wasn't tagged!! :haha: would love to see some swatches!! It looks huge too!!

mkoparanova

I did a second layer over the first swatch and it's VERY pigmented. I can't wait to try it on my face. I'll first put on my Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, then I'll put on Dior Cheek Glow, allow it to dry and then put on my Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation. By putting the cheek glow under my foundation, I'll have the opportunity to cover the cheek glow to the right level---avoiding clown cheeks. The more I look at my hand, the more I like it!!! I keep sniffing my hand too.

​This particular baume is a very quiet everyday color. You may prefer something brighter.
That sounds awesome, I can't wait to see mine

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I saw that nay!! It looks nice! Would have tagged the pic in that thread if "you know who " wasn't tagged!!
girlhaha.gif
would love to see some swatches!! It looks huge too!!
Lol, I know.
girlhaha.gif
Yes, it looks huge. I'm wondering how they compare to the Nars contour duos. Hopefully they're not limited edition.

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]I did a second layer over the first swatch and it's VERY pigmented.  I can't wait to try it on my face.  I'll first put on my Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, then I'll put on Dior Cheek Glow, allow it to dry and then put on my Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation.  By putting the cheek glow under my foundation, I'll have the opportunity to cover the cheek glow to the right level---avoiding clown cheeks.  The more I look at my hand, the more I like it!!!  I keep sniffing my hand too.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]​This particular baume is a very quiet everyday color.   You may prefer something brighter.[/COLOR]
Yaay!! It sure looks nicely pigmented as a cheek color!!I will try it on Tomm!! Just reached home and I am :thud:

Medgal07

The lip and cheek glow and the grey eyeshadow, I forgot the name. I also have the Chanel bronzer, so I'll try this
Awesome!! Oh lord...I've washed my maids 4 times and this stuff is not coming off----consider yourself warned. I'll try some makeup remover.
girlhaha.gif

Edited to add: I used Dior makeup remover and I still can't get it all off. Looks like we'll glow all day----------and the next day!!!
lol.gif

shontay07108

For those who wanted to know (Meddy :p) the RT brushes wash beautifully. No problems. No shedding during application or washing and they perform beautifully. Again, they feel so expensive. They could slap Tom Ford's name on these brushes and people wouldn't know the difference. The weight, the density and the performance are fantastic. I hope they expand the line. BTW, I didn't use the contour brush because I don't contour everyday. This is about the blush and powder brush.

elegant-one

Ok Vee--my initial impression. The cheek & Lip Glow is very liquid and on my hand, dries to a pretty coral stain. I like one-pass but I'm sure it's buildable.
It is minty upon application---not sure I want minty cheeks but the fragrance changed upon drying and it's a nice soft non-minty smell....sniff, sniff---Oh I like that a lot!!!
Having had YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush---6 actually, I'm not over the moon with this. Mind you, it is my first impression. I'll try it on tomorrow. I have MAC 'What Joy'
lipstick on and I'm not in the mood to scrub it off. I do think it will show on our lips and cheeks as a stain. I do like the way it dried on my hand. I'll probably use it just
on my cheeks. I use YSL just on my lips and never remember to also put it on my cheeks. Oh...almost forgot---the applicator is very weird to me...it's like a short fat
Q-Tip.

The Rouge Baume, like I suspected is somewhat sheer like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines of old. The color is nice--reminds me of Pantone Marsala lipstick, which I happen to like.
Wow, minty fresh & stained to boot
amuse.gif
Sounds interesting. So the shade is more coral than strawberry? A short fat Q tip hmmm... what to think of that.
wondering.gif

Medgal07

For those who wanted to know (Meddy
tong.gif
) the RT brushes wash beautifully. No problems. No shedding during application or washing and they perform beautifully. Again, they feel so expensive. They could slap Tom Ford's name on these brushes and people wouldn't know the difference. The weight, the density and the performance are fantastic. I hope they expand the line. BTW, I didn't use the contour brush because I don't contour everyday. This is about the blush and powder brush.
Thanks honey!! Now I want to get them to compare them to my TF brushes. Would it be wrong to return those expensive suckers after a couple of years
blink.gif

That said, I don't think any brush can rival the TF bronzer brush---It's ridiculously fabulous!!!

Medgal07

Wow, minty fresh & stained to boot
amuse.gif
Sounds interesting. So the shade is more coral than strawberry? A short fat Q tip hmmm... what to think of that.
wondering.gif
Sis, I can't get it off my hand---washed them 4 times and then tried Dior MU remover
icon_eek.gif
We'll be glowing for days!
lol.gif

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]  Thanks honey!!  Now I want to get them to compare them to my TF brushes.  Would it be wrong to return those expensive suckers after a couple of years:blink: [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   That said, I don't think any brush can rival the TF bronzer brush---It's [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]ridiculously fabulous!!![/COLOR]
:lol: Who am I to tell you not try? I'm just glad I'm not the person that would have to decide that kinda thing. :lol: I really wish they'd get the blush brush back in stock at Ulta because I need another just for highlighter. After I used that brush for blush I wanted to toss my Mac brush in the garbage. What kind of brush makes a Nars blush work to apply? A crap one, that's what.

mkoparanova

Awesome!! Oh lord...I've washed my maids 4 times and this stuff is not coming off----consider yourself warned. I'll try some makeup remover.
girlhaha.gif

Edited to add: I used Dior makeup remover and I still can't get it all off. Looks like we'll glow all day----------and the next day!!!
lol.gif

Hm that's not so good, it makes me wonder what it's made of
Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

For those who wanted to know (Meddy
tong.gif
) the RT brushes wash beautifully. No problems. No shedding during application or washing and they perform beautifully. Again, they feel so expensive. They could slap Tom Ford's name on these brushes and people wouldn't know the difference. The weight, the density and the performance are fantastic. I hope they expand the line. BTW, I didn't use the contour brush because I don't contour everyday. This is about the blush and powder brush.
Oh I hope I have some points on my Boots card because this sounds tempting :D