The all new shop your stash challenge!

LMD84

Sounds very pretty Lou! Yay for getting your brows done, mine are sooooo overdue.
Look forward to seeing/hearing about tomorrow's look! :)
thanks! it won't go up on the blog just yet - my last re-creation hasn't yet! we write lots of posts in advance and then schedule them to be published on different days :)

Snarkling

I finally used my crushed metal pigments today! First time using them wet too, which actually turned out very nice and wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be. I also used NARS Dolce Vita Gloss for the first time in at least a year.
Unfortunately my picture keep turning out horrible so I have nothing to show. Just as well though since my skin is horrible right now.

Face: NARS Firming Foundation Siberia, MUFE Concealer Pallet, CoverFX Translucent Powder, Hard Candy Fox in a Box Sweet & Spicy
Eyes: UDPP, Light Pink Crushed Metal on lid, Darker pink in crease, Lost in Makeup Land English Rose to highlight, Maybelline One by One mascara
Lips: Nars Dolce Vita Gloss

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sorry to hear that your camera was acting up, Snarkling. I'm curious to see how the crushed metal pigments look in used. I wonder if they're similar to the Solar Bits... I'm probably thinking of that because I'm wearing Black Ore Solar Bits today... I kind of kick myself for not getting more of these little gems.

Today's lippie was New Temptation Sheen Supreme. Embarrassingly enough, I realised this morning that I'd never actually worn it... Oops. Now I'm wondering why. Although I have the same problems getting it even as I have with all the Sheen Supremes, it is a really nice cool red. Might be my favourite of the collection.

JennsJewelz

Day 24 (the day before yesterday):
EYES: AiW Palette, Wonderland (Maui Wowie, lid), Curiouser (Grifter, outer half and crease, inner half of lower lashline), Queen (liner, out half of lower lashline), Feline (tightline), Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara
CHEEKS: Pink Cult, BC MSF
LIPS: Plum l/l, Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer in PK 327, Victoria Jackson Mauve (this is as purple I as get on my lips! :p)

Day 25 (morning):
EYES: Melon pigment (lid), Bordeauxline e/l (liner), Feline (tightline), Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara
CHEEKS: Dainty, BC MSF
LIPS: Lovelorn l/s, Girl <3 Boy plushglass

Sorry, no pics of this one, I was in a rush at 6:00 AM!

Day 25 (night):
EYES: Fiction (lid), Coquette (brows), Feline (tightline), L'Oreal Collagen Mascara
CHEEKS: Oh So Fair BP, BC MSF
LIPS: Fast Play l/s, Nymphette l/g

Day 26 (today!):
EYES: Beige-ing Shadestick (base), Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, Fyrinnae Polar Bear (lid), Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions (outer half, crease), Fyrinnae Kurisumasu! (deepen V), Rimmel Kajal Eye Liner in Jet Black (tightline), Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Show (liner), Physician's Formula Mascara in Hazel Duo
CHEEKS: Mighty Aphrodite, BC MSF
LIPS: Temperature Rising l/p, Marquise D' l/s, Chanel Aqualumiere l/g in Candy Glow

There's something weird there on my eye, but I fixed it :) I like the Fyrinnae shadows, I just hate applying loose eyeshadow! I think I'm going to have to figure out how to press these, along with my pigments.... And you can't really see in the pictures, but I have fuschia tips to my mascara today! :)

And off to work again! You're all looking beautiful, ladies - talk more soon! :)

LMD84

here is what i wore yesterday! a re-creation of a popular collection promo image! the pigment i used is guilded green on my lids! the rest will appear in a blog post over the next couple of weeks :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh Lou that is sooooooo beautiful!! I just love the colours. I can't wait to see the full description of what you did, because I absolutely want to try that one myself. You look gorgeous in those colours- they highlight your skin perfectly.

Jenn- Looking lovely as always. The shadow on your second look is really pretty on you! I love the first lip combination, but I'm actually a sucker for anything purple or plum-tinged. I haven't put on makeup yet, but I'm trying to resist the urge to go for my Guerlain Rouge Automatiques right away... After all, the point of doing different lipsticks is to make me go through my stash. But the new ones are calling to me...

Snarkling

Sorry to hear that your camera was acting up, Snarkling. I'm curious to see how the crushed metal pigments look in used. I wonder if they're similar to the Solar Bits... I'm probably thinking of that because I'm wearing Black Ore Solar Bits today... I kind of kick myself for not getting more of these little gems.
Thanks katred, I did finally manage to take some pics last night after I got home from work that looked ok, I might post those later along with today's look. I would say the crushed metal pigments and the solar bits are pretty similar, the crushed metals might be a tad chunkier but they both (at least for me) seem to ball up the same way in the container. The crushed metal pigments have a lot more sheen too them too. I really need to use the my Black Ore, I think I've only swatched it. Maybe I'll try that one tomorrow.

Jenm I love your looks, Mighty Aphrodite looks great on you! I love the Fyrinnae shadows too, have you tried their pixie epoxy? i see to have better luck when using it with my mineral (or loose) shadows.

Lou, I can't wait to hear what you used either, your pic is so pretty!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hope we get to see photos, Snarkling- would love to see what you've done!

Today, I went with Pet Me Please, which I always thought was one of the overlooked gems of the Fabulous Felines collection. Granted, I adored almost all of it, but I thought this one got the short shrift because it's a frost. I find that the application on this one is smooth enough that it doesn't have too much of the "crinkly" look that some frosts have, despite the fact that the colour itself is quite frosty. I love the fact that it's a pale colour with a subtle undertone that doesn't allow my natural lip colour to come through. Ironically, the only colour I've seen that was similar was Flustered, which came out only a few months later (it's darker and bronze-tinged rather than mauve).

littlepickle

Face: Studio Sculpt NC15 (almost empty, sob!) Select Cover-Up NC15, Mighty Aphrodite blush (this just arrived and I was too excited not to use it!) - unfortunately then pregnancy flushes set in so now I'm red as a beetroot and no one can see my pretty blush!
Eyes: Lime Crime Candy Eyed Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Naked pigment all over lid, Provence pigment as a highlight, Copperbeam pigment used as liner under lower lash line and more softly on upper lash line - I had quite a good day for using neglected pigments! :) Smashbox Bionic mascara.
Lips: Dainty Cake lipstick - this is exactly what I wanted Sandy B lipstick to be, but I'm still not quite sure about me and frosts. I can't place what I don't like about them though!

Will upload pics later! :)

Must try Fyrinnae, I am loving everyone's looks, especially those cool tones on you Katred - what are you wearing on your eyes?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sorry, I should have put the full details before. Here goes:

Face: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Mont Blanc, Mac Prolongwear concealer NW20, Mac Prep & Prime Finishing Powder, Lancome Ballerine Butterflies Fever Blush, Mac Hang Loose blush (just the violet side, used as a highlighter)

Eyes: Vellum e/s (inner lid), Pincurl e/s (outer 2/3 of lid), Vile Violet e/s (along upper crease/ brow bone), All Races e/s (under brows), Style Black greasepaint stick (liner on upper lid), Fascinating eye kohl (water line), YSL Faux Cils mascara

and of course, Pet Me Please on the lips

I'll also throw in with the Fyrrinae love. I got a sample of their Mermen pigment and it's wonderful! Such a bright, intense teal shade!

Shadowy Lady

I just discovered this thread. I know I'm late, but I'm not on Specktra as much as I used to be so I'm a bit slow. I do FOTD's pretty much everyday so I will try and copy and paste them here from my blog.

Loving everyone's looks, u guys have given me a tone of ideas :)

LMD84

I just discovered this thread. I know I'm late, but I'm not on Specktra as much as I used to be so I'm a bit slow. I do FOTD's pretty much everyday so I will try and copy and paste them here from my blog.

Loving everyone's looks, u guys have given me a tone of ideas :)
i love your fotd's!! :) so that will be awesome to see more pictures! :)

littlepickle

Here's yesterday's look with Dainty Cake lipstick, pigments etc as above :)

+ A silly picture! :) Ted does not want to pose for Specktra.
Gah, I need a hair cut & colour sooooo bad! What do you guys think about the frost lippy on me? I'm just not sure...

This is Thursday's look that I completely forgot about posting! D'oh!
Face: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Electric Coral pigment as blush, Smashbox Soft Lights Duo Film/Premiere - just used the highlighter, which is a really pretty soft gold :)
Eyes: Bit of a fail, went for tried and true favourites: Lime Crime Candy Eyed Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Chanel Apricot e/s all over lid, Chanel Ivory e/s as highlight, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Australis liquid liner
Lips: Fusion Pink - your blog reminded me I had this, Katred! I forgot how much I love it :)

I've got my baby shower today and am running around baking and cleaning and putting together prizes etc - got to do my hair and make up too so will post a pic later! :) I think pink lippy will be on the cards today though!

JennsJewelz

Day 27

EYES: AiW Palette - White Rabbit (Polyester Bride, lid), Jabberwocky (Oil Slick, outer v), Alice (Painkiller, deepen v, outer half), Float on By (outer half lower lashline), Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in 02 Flashy Silver (tightline, inner half lower lashline), Lise Watier Glitter Liner in Opale (liner), Malt (brows), L'Oreal Collagen Mascara
CHEEKS: Cubic (contouring), Amazon Princess, BC MSF
LIPS: Benefit Friends in High Places l/g (rosy plum all over, gold in the middle)

I'll reply to everyone in a bit - just grabbing some dinner! :D

katred

Specktra Bestie
Happy Friday everyone!! I hope that you're all having a good weekend and that you have found some things from the past week to enjoy!

Day 27

EYES: AiW Palette - White Rabbit (Polyester Bride, lid), Jabberwocky (Oil Slick, outer v), Alice (Painkiller, deepen v, outer half), Float on By (outer half lower lashline), Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in 02 Flashy Silver (tightline, inner half lower lashline), Lise Watier Glitter Liner in Opale (liner), Malt (brows), L'Oreal Collagen Mascara
CHEEKS: Cubic (contouring), Amazon Princess, BC MSF
LIPS: Benefit Friends in High Places l/g (rosy plum all over, gold in the middle)

I'll reply to everyone in a bit - just grabbing some dinner! :D
I just love the eye makeup you did here! I'm envious, because I find that when I try eyes with silver or light lining, it never works on me. And yet I look at other people and see that it's beautiful on them.

Today, I had a job interview, so I went with a more conservative look overall:

Hopefully, this toned-down version of me plays well... Here's what I used:

Face:
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Mont Blanc, Mac Prolongwear Concealer NW20, Mac Prep & Prine Finishing Powder, Mac Truth & Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder [if I haven't mentioned it, I adore this stuff], Mac Her Own Devices Beauty Powder
Eyes:
Crochet (on lid), Sensibility (as highlight and on centre of lid), Copperplate (outer "V"), Gazette Grey (crease), Dirty Greasepaint stick (as liner upper and lower), Mac False Lashes mascara
Lips:
Cle de Peau T3 Baby Julia lipstck

This lipstick is the most ridiculously expensive thing I've ever purchased makeup-wise, but it is a perfect neutral colour for everything. Here's hoping it helps me get a job.

Snarkling

So this is my first time posting pics on Specktra, hope I did this ok. Let me know if I did something wrong.

Here is my LOTD with pink set of crushed Metal pigments. I took this after I got home so everything is starting to wear off.
ohboy.gif

This is my look today with the Green/gold crushed metal pigments. The gold is really chunky! Still looks pretty though. Everything is the same as before except for the different color crushed metal pigments, cheek is Blonde MSF & Garb as an attempt at contour. Lips are Viva Glam II & Local Colour Dazzleglass. Love my expression here!

littlepickle

Cute looks Snarkling! The green crush metal pigment looks much greener on you than it does on me, I love it!
I love your nude look, Katred, it's very flattering and polished :) Hope the job interview went well!
Jenn, that looks is just
eyelove.gif
Beyond gorgeous!

Feeling absolutely knackered and looking it after the baby shower, but it was a lot of fun! :)

Face: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Joie-de-Vivre cremeblend blush, Porcelain Pink MSF, massive pregnancy flush
Eyes: Lime Crime primer, MAC Bare Canvas paint, Gold Dusk pigment all over lid, Vanilla pigment as highlight, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Australis liquid liner
Lips: Lime Crime Centrifuchsia lippy applied as stain, MAC Dazzlepuss dazzleglass - almost all worn off!

LMD84

Snarkling i think you look great! thanks for posting your first pics! great looks! tomorrow i will be wearing make up so i shall make sure that i take some pictures. got my parents visiting me so have to look nice! lol!

ElvenEyes

Ooh, pretty looks, everyone! Jen, I love day 27! I love that purple looking glitter! And littlepickle~You are really glowing! You always have MU that really suites your colouring and brings out your lovely eyes! Nicely done, everyone!

I slopped my MU on today in spite of annoying cramps. Then the cramps went away and I had a hot flash! lol I seriously can't win!

Face:
MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF15 in NW15
MAC Moisturizer Creme Foundation in NW15
MAC Cremeblend Blush So Sweet, So Easy
MAC MSF in Natural

Eyes:
UDPP
Shiseido 4 colour palette in Flora and Fauna
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Horse Radish
Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Black

Lips:
Revlon Crystal Cut Coral l/s