The Battle of Gorgeous Packaging! Is it Worth The Money?

Candycoatedclos

To me packaging says alot: it is what initally draws me in. I use to buy some things due to packaging even if they looked scary on me. I got wrapped up in the hype. Finally, I am at point that yes the packaging still grabs my attention but how it looks keeps it.
Have you seen pics of the MAC Cinderella collection? What do you think about that?

stylabell

After years of a practical makeup collection, something has changed in me the last year.... so most of the time I can't resist pretty packaging.

SandraVB79

I like special packaging, however I wouldn't buy a product that I didn't like just so I can have the pretty packaging on a shelf. I buy make up to use it, not just to look at it. If a product has a pretty design on it like Camelia de Plume or The Simpsons I take a picture before using it. Having make up that I don't use or don't like to use would bother me and I would see it more as clutter rather than a pretty LE product. Laura Mercier's Spring Eyeshadow/Face palette is absolutely beautiful, but I would only use two out of the six eyeshadows and I overall don't like face and eye products in one palette. I thought about buying it, but having four shadows that I wouldn't use or would have to force myself to use defeats the purpose for me.
You have great will power! Btw, I have and love the Camelia de Plume highlighter! It's so pretty!
I have the Camelia de Plume highlighter and this Spring's blush, and even though I intended to use it, I just can't get myself to actually do it and use it. Until now, I haven't been a MAC addict, but yes, there are some other brands where I totally absolutely NEED the special item from. Like last year's Dior's spring palette. Or a special blush/ highlighter. Especially from the holiday colletions. I only have issues with using it when it as a pretty print, like that highlighter or blush.

SandraVB79

I had to image-google ediva. I kind of wonder why I never heard of it until now???? I use the big beauty cases from Estee Lauder's yearly blockbuster to store my makeup (not including my nail polish). I have about 4 of them full...

SandraVB79

I will take pics, lol Do you people also keep the cardboard boxes in which your makeup comes? I do for some special items, but not for everything.