*the Best Exfoliator And Moisturizer To Use*

anaaliyahfan03

hey all...i bet u all are just tired of hearing from me
smiles.gif
well i gotta a specific question...i have asked questions on here about how to get rid of blemishes and how to make my little bumps go away on my face to make my skin smoother and not flaky and the response i get is exfoliate and moisturize...thats all good...but what kind of exfoliater and moisturizer should i use?...here is my skin type

*i have combination skin (dry on the forehead and cheeks, but mostly forehead)

*i have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (dark spots after bumps)

*i have little bumps all over my face (i breakout from time to time)

*and for the hell of it, i have dark circles with wrinkles under my eyes (but i know there is another thread for that)

now after all of that..what is the best exfoliator and moisturizer to use with my type of skin

keep in mind i have used a couple of things and they are messing me up

thanks

vica

Re: *****the Best Exfoliator And Moisturizer To Use*****

1. st. ives apricot scrub for acne prone skin..
2.clean and clear oil free dual action moisturizer - its light and sinks right into your skin

i HAD very acne prone skin before i started using these two products.. now im just down to a couple on my cheeks or chin once a month which is a miracle for me

vica

oh yeah and after using the scrub on my face at night, i use philosophys on a clear day h2o2 on hyperpigmentation spots, then on a clear day serum on top of that (if there is a pimple).. it seems to bleach the spot and make it noticeably lighter the next day =)

anaaliyahfan03

yea my mama told me to use st ives products..just wasnt sure..thanks..and i thought about using a pigment of your imagination spf 18 from philosophy to get rid of those dark spots..i got too many spots to be applying it to the actual spot..ill be in the mirror for an hour..lol...thanks

jilliandanica

The best [and by far the cheapest] exfoliator I've used is a sugar scrub and the aspirin scrub. I use the aspirin scrub when I need help with blemishes and stuff. As for moisturizer I use Peter Thomas Roth's oil-free one and if I need extra moisture I use jojoba oil.

anaaliyahfan03

thats why i started this thread because i tried the peter thomas wroth exfoliating beads..it dried my skin to death and it broke me out and i was thinking it had something to do with the jojoba beads..i only used it a couple of times...wasted my 36 bucks!..i went to wal-mart and got some st ives apricot scrub and some black soap <<for the pigmentation...and for moisturizer i just got st ives facial moisturizer...i dont have alot of money..so it was all just 10 bucks..ill see how that works for now

ToxicAllure

Face and Body: St. Ives works really well for me, but I go through it really fast so now I just make my own.

Body: I mix equal parts olive oil with sugar (although I tend to add more sugar because I like it grainy)

Face: I buy these microdermabrasion crystals from this ebay store. They work SOOOOO good! My skin glows and is softer than ever!! By far the best exfoliant EVER!!!

The sugar really gets all the dead skin off, and the oil leaves my skin soooo smooth. My little brother even commented on how smooth my skin felt! And he's 7!!!

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaaliyahfan03
thats why i started this thread because i tried the peter thomas wroth exfoliating beads..it dried my skin to death and it broke me out and i was thinking it had something to do with the jojoba beads..i only used it a couple of times...wasted my 36 bucks!..i went to wal-mart and got some st ives apricot scrub and some black soap <<for the pigmentation...and for moisturizer i just got st ives facial moisturizer...i dont have alot of money..so it was all just 10 bucks..ill see how that works for now

its interesting that you mention that, because jojoba oil is the most similar oil to those naturally fouond in the skin, so they should actually be nourishing to the skin. i find them to be very soft and comfortable and i love them. but that's me...

anywho, be careful with the St. Ives scrub; the granules aren't synthetic, so they're not spherical and they could abrade the skin. Avoid them if you have a live breakout or inflammation on the skin.

MAC_Pixie04

Oh yes, an anti-hyperpigmentation product should be used all over the skin to even out the skin completely, otherwise you could end up with your spots being lighter than you wanted, and there's almost nothing to be done about hypOpigmentation--which is a lack of pigment in a spot or surface area.

ToxicAllure

Quote:
what ebay store is this?

Its Makeup by Melanie

The Emu Oil is really good too, its makes my skin super soft.
cheerleader.gif

//admin edit: ebay link removed.

anaaliyahfan03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
its interesting that you mention that, because jojoba oil is the most similar oil to those naturally fouond in the skin, so they should actually be nourishing to the skin. i find them to be very soft and comfortable and i love them. but that's me...

anywho, be careful with the St. Ives scrub; the granules aren't synthetic, so they're not spherical and they could abrade the skin. Avoid them if you have a live breakout or inflammation on the skin.

what scrub and hyperpigmentation product would u reccommend then?...i know u work at sephora...i wasnt breaking out before but when i used the ptr, i did...the st. ives is giving me a couple...all i had was some very tiny little bumps that i had that i just wanted them gone to smooth the skin and obviously its not working..i also got dark circles with a couple wrinkles on them but i figured there is probably nothing i can do about that..eew..i just need a scrub to make these little bumps go away..and a pigmentation product to lighten these dark spots and even my skin...ugh!..its so hard
weeping.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
what scrub and hyperpigmentation product would u reccommend then?...i know u work at sephora...i wasnt breaking out before but when i used the ptr, i did...the st. ives is giving me a couple...all i had was some very tiny little bumps that i had that i just wanted them gone to smooth the skin and obviously its not working..i also got dark circles with a couple wrinkles on them but i figured there is probably nothing i can do about that..eew..i just need a scrub to make these little bumps go away..and a pigmentation product to lighten these dark spots and even my skin...ugh!..its so hard
weeping.gif

Sounds like you're a little on the sensitive side. For a scrub, try Caudelie Gentle Buffing Cream, it's like buffing beads in a lotion/cream so it leaves a little moisture behind when you rinse it off.
For hyperpigmentation I use Ole Henriksen's 3 little wonders, which consists of the Truth Serum potent vitamin C serum, Sheer Transformation day/night creme with botanical brighteners (ester c, kojic acid, licorice root extract), and the Invigorating Night Gel (AHAs and fruit acids exfoliate, fight blemishes and increase cell turn overs to reduce fine lines/wrinkles)

The kit is $65 for all three, but the items are just about full sized, and cost $42-45 each indivudually. I've seen amazing results in a very short period of time. The 2nd week I used it people were complimenting my skin a lot more than before.

Temptasia

I love love the aspirin mask/scrub. (using uncoated aspirin + cream cleanser mixture) Since a teen, I had a terrible case of acne and enlarged pores. This saved me and keeps my skin clear. It is also great for spot treatments and if you tend to get cystic acne, it helps heal spots a lot sooner.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer really sinks into the skin and provides long lasting moisture.

anaaliyahfan03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Sounds like you're a little on the sensitive side. For a scrub, try Caudelie Gentle Buffing Cream, it's like buffing beads in a lotion/cream so it leaves a little moisture behind when you rinse it off.
For hyperpigmentation I use Ole Henriksen's 3 little wonders, which consists of the Truth Serum potent vitamin C serum, Sheer Transformation day/night creme with botanical brighteners (ester c, kojic acid, licorice root extract), and the Invigorating Night Gel (AHAs and fruit acids exfoliate, fight blemishes and increase cell turn overs to reduce fine lines/wrinkles)

The kit is $65 for all three, but the items are just about full sized, and cost $42-45 each indivudually. I've seen amazing results in a very short period of time. The 2nd week I used it people were complimenting my skin a lot more than before.

yea i guess i am on the sensitive side..ill look into them..thanks

Azuresyren

Exfoliators: ~
I have to say St Ives Apricot Scrub... a lot of people hate this, but it works so well for me.
Ocean Salt from LUSH - gentler than the St Ives.

Moisturizers: ~
Nivea Visage Beauty Boost.
Nivea Visage Aqua Sensations.

MissDiva

anaaliyahfan03 your skin is smoother now, i can tell by looking at your FOTDS .
if you dont mind can you tell what did you use to make it be that way?please
i have small pumps too.
thank you ladies for all this information.its helping me too

anaaliyahfan03

wow it doesnt seem that much smoother to me..i think its just the angles on the cameras...but i have been using a scrub from neutrogena..thats about it...i thought about getting peels when i get some more money from people/doctors who specialize in that...cause i still got the little bumps and i want them gone!