*the Best Exfoliator And Moisturizer To Use*

PRETTYGIRL26

Hey Pretty Lady, this is what I use. I need use Mary Kay Exfoliating Face
Wash, and then I use a toner (Mary Kay )after that, oh and I also drink at least a gallon
of water a day.....

anaaliyahfan03

ok cool
smiles.gif

tabou82

Hey Girl! Since my skin is oily it is imperative that I exfoliate. In the beginning, I was going to places like the Body Shop for "natural" facial scrubs but my skin was not responsive as far as an improvement in its clarity. I then began to use the L'oreal Microdermabrasion kit and it did work but I found it to be too harsh and too expensive in my opinion as I never used the accompaning lotion. Now I use Clinique Super Exfoliator and I LOVE it!!! It's the right balance for me and retails for about $16.50. It's not too harsh but my skin has improved so much since I started using this.

Sorry, I can't offer a moisturizer because I'm still looking for one formulated for oily skin...

Hope I've helped in some way!

anns

Quote:
Originally Posted by triccc
Lush Ocean Salt Scrub is the best exfoliator ever!

Word. It's awesome.

amoona

I personally HATE St. Ives I feel like it's too harsh. It really hurts. I go back and forth between Clinque's exfoliator and MAC's exfoliator.

For Moisturizers I ate up the hype and bought the La Mer moisturizer and it's amazing. It's very expensive but my skin has never looked better.

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by triccc
Lush Ocean Salt Scrub is the best exfoliator ever!

HUGE 2ND!!! this stuff is friekin AMAZING!!! i don't think i'll ever use another scrub again!!!

I can't believe it's been like a month since i've used this stuff - shame on me! *runs to bathroom and frantically washes face w/ ocean salt!*

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

msmack

The best scrubs I have ever found are also the cheapest. Asprin/water method scrub is great. I also REALLY REALLY REALLY swear by baking soda scrubs. Just mix with your cleanser of choice. Makes my skin baby smooth and doesn't break me out.

user79

I also love the aspirin mask for exfoliation. It works better than St. Ives scrub, I think.

user79

I just use the generic kind. It's cheaper and it's the same thing as the brandnamed Aspirin.

elektra513

I know most people when asked about exfoliating recommend manual exfoliators ("scrubs") but what about chemical ones? That would be safer to use on sensitive skin, since the rubbing on the face can cause inflammation, making the hyperpigmentation worse. Something with BHA or AHA would be good...

Just a thought.

Kuuipo

I like BHA's. They penetrate below the skin-AHA's only work on the surface. I use a skin lightener with salcylic acid every other day. I also like a dry washcloth rub after washing my face. The only moisturizer I need is primer. I did not like St. Ives, it felt like kittylitter chunks. Made little cuts on my face.
I also shave my entire face once a week. I don't have any facial hair, its just a good form of exfoliation.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I like BHA's. They penetrate below the skin-AHA's only work on the surface. I use a skin lightener with salcylic acid every other day. I also like a dry washcloth rub after washing my face. The only moisturizer I need is primer. I did not like St. Ives, it felt like kittylitter chunks. Made little cuts on my face.
I also shave my entire face once a week. I don't have any facial hair, its just a good form of exfoliation.

Oh my gracious!! You have resistant skin if I've ever heard of it! I cannot imagine doing any of that to my face. It would fall off in sheets
shockt.gif

Kuuipo

No, it's not like I use exfoliation products everyday or twice a day like many people. Or heavy acids, either. Glycolic acid leaves me red and irritated. The shaving idea came from a dermatologist friend. Some men shave twice a day.....for hair removal. Anyway, it gets rid of dead skin without irritation.

Hikaru-chan

I love Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Refiner and Origins Modern Friction for scrubs.
Moisturiser wise Clarins Hydra Matte lotion and Origins Have A Nice Day lotion are wonderful.

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04

anywho, be careful with the St. Ives scrub; the granules aren't synthetic, so they're not spherical and they could abrade the skin. Avoid them if you have a live breakout or inflammation on the skin.

Yep, she's right. St.Ives is a tad harsh.
I recommend Neutrogena's skin rejuvenator kit, your skin will be super soft & smooth.

V15U4L_3RR0R

I use Olive oil and a very soft tooth brush once a week for my exfoliation. Occasionally I'll mix in some salt as well.

For moisturizer I use Lush's Dream Cream.

For reference I have normal to dry skin but I do get the occasional oily patch if I forget to moisturize.

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anns
Word. It's awesome.

YEP, i would have to agree!!! This is the BEST exfoliator ever, hands down!!! It smells fantastic too, but you don't have to worry about fragrance cuz it's all natural!!!

I looooove this stuff. . . it's a bit pricey, i think like $16.50? but that's actually a really good deal considering it's natural & will last you quite awhile. . . I recently ran out of my tub & have been looking for something cheaper to replace it. . . there is nothing! I'd been using the St. Ives Apricot scrub for awhile, but it's just not good!

They did recently come out w/ a new microdermabrasion one that i'm tempted to try, but my skin is so sensitive & i'm hesitant of putting unecessary chemicals on it, so i'll probably just go back to LUSH'S!!!

& as for moisturizer, i've been using Weleda's Skin Food for about 2 weeks now & so far i love it!!! It says it's for dry & rough skin, & my skin is OILY & SENSITIVE & acne prone, but it LOVES this stuff! It is REALLY thick & super GREASY & feels like it would be terrible for the skin, but it makes my skin so soft & smooth & actually diminishes my blemishes over night!!!

I have no idea how it does it, cuz i go to bed w/ my skin feeling all greasy & wake up w/ it glowing & my pimples almost entirely gone!!! It really is food for the skin!!!

Best of all, they now sell it in many Walgreens & Targets, so you don't only have to go to a health food store to get it. . .

HTH