the BEST mascara?

User34

I have this lil' mascara prob. See, everysingle one I have gotten over the last 2 years ( since i started using the stuff) is either flaky, or smears all over my eyes or.. the best one yet.. gives me a irritation.
So.. to my dismay I have yet to find one. Any recs? I will go out and get whichever one is recommned the most.
I have tried maybelline, avon, loreal, MAC

EmbalmerBabe

I had the flaky problem with Diorshow,so I don't recommend that.
Benefit's BadGal Lash worked pretty well.
Lancome Hypnose is my favorite. I did not get any flaking.
I heard Clinique has excellent mascaras. I have yet to try them yet though.Try Benefit's BadGal ,or Lancome Hypnose,or Clinique.If you don't like it return it.
Oh yeah..no luck for me with MAC mascara either.

~LadyLocks~

I have tried many mascara's as well but nothing compares to good ol' Maybelline's great lash IMO! Yes, the old school one in the pink and green tube. I tried to venture out and try others but I just got dissapointed time and time again. Never flacky, never smudges, never gets clumpy, only when I've had it for awhile and it's time to get a new one, not to mention it's only $5 bucks!! Can't ask for anything better IMO!!

moonrevel

I currently have an obsession with Clinique's newest mascara, High Definition Lashes. I have always had pretty good luck with Clinique mascara (and I am PICKY about mascara), but this one is awesome. No flaking, no smearing, and it really makes your lashes crazy full and long. The brush is kind of gimmicky (which may be why I love it) because it's half spindly brush, half comb. The instructions say to apply the mascara with the brush and then comb it through, but I do the opposite since the comb deposits a heck of a lot more mascara than the brush does. Anyway, to make a long story short, I LOVE this stuff, and this is coming from someone who has made the grand tour of Benefit, Lancome, MAC, and many other brands in search of an awesome mascara. And, incidentally, I don't hear as much about eye irritation with Cliniqjue mascaras as I do other brands.

MACtastic

For an everyday look, I like Cover Girl's Lash Exact. At night, I do L'Oreal Voluminous.
P.S. I find that waterproof formulas are less flaky..maybe its the special waxes that make it waterproof.

Kat

I love Bad Gal Last - no clumping or flaking!

For everyday though, I swear by Maybelline Full n Soft, in brownish black. I swear it wears so much different from the black one, which I hate!

MiCHiE

I have so many cheap mascaras that I just combine them. I hate Lash Exact*, but I use it to further separate my lashes after Maybelline's WP Lash Stylist sometimes and it gives my sparse ass lashes length and volume. And, it's better than just letting them sit with no use, LOL.

I also have a Clinique sample and it's really good.
For totally waterproof, I'll use Kiss Me! after my Lash Stylist.

*I'm going to have to retract my hate for Lash Exact. I've been using it for about a week and the brush IS amazing!

Fairybelle

CoverGirl Lash Exact or CoverGirl Remarkable mascaras are good from the drugstore.
MAC Fibre Rich Lash is fantastic too. Have you tried that one?

kimmy

i just got Maybelline Intense XXL and i love it! but other than that stuff, i think Lancome Definicils is the best i've ever used
smiles.gif

eowyn797

i 3rd Cover Girl's Lash Exact. it's freaking fantastic. i also use CG Fantastic Lash, too...a lot of people like Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, but i've enver had any reason to switch over to it from the CG stuff.

i absolutely hated MAC, Diorshow, Stila and Borjouis, so i don't rec those brands.

amoona

I'm actually not big on mascara ... I know odd right? I even walk out of the house most days and forget to wear it, my lashes are pretty full without ne. But my favorite to wear is Maybelline Full & Soft. When I want crazy full lashes I just wear false lashes.

But Maybelline Full & Soft is great for everyday wear.

jenii

My favorite mascara is Cover Girl's Lash Exact, in waterproof. It doesn't smear or flake, it doesn't clump nearly as much as the others I've tried, and it holds a curl really well.

Naturellle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I currently have an obsession with Clinique's newest mascara, High Definition Lashes. I have always had pretty good luck with Clinique mascara (and I am PICKY about mascara), but this one is awesome. No flaking, no smearing, and it really makes your lashes crazy full and long. The brush is kind of gimmicky (which may be why I love it) because it's half spindly brush, half comb. The instructions say to apply the mascara with the brush and then comb it through, but I do the opposite since the comb deposits a heck of a lot more mascara than the brush does. Anyway, to make a long story short, I LOVE this stuff, and this is coming from someone who has made the grand tour of Benefit, Lancome, MAC, and many other brands in search of an awesome mascara. And, incidentally, I don't hear as much about eye irritation with Cliniqjue mascaras as I do other brands.

C/S 100% Thank you so much for this post! Your post prompted me to purchase Clinique's newest High Definition and it is AMAZING! I'm wearing it right now and I'm soo beyond impressed. It really lengthen's and thickens and provides me w/the length I've always wanted.. I've also tried Benefit's Bad Gal and I think that mascara is over-rated.

Glitziegal

I am a huge L'ancome mascara fan. My favourite is L'extreme (for lengthening and enhancing my everyday lashes), Hypnose as it is buildable into mega lashes with no flaking, clumping. Finally fatale, it is hard to get it right but when you do OMG fantabulous.

Kiseki

I personally like Helena Rubinstein's "Lash Queen" waterproof mascara, it's very dramatic and if built, really gives a gorgeous false lash effect.

miss_amy

I love love love Clinique High Impact mascara. I have tried many mascaras over the years, but this is the only one I've bought repeatedly.

I was SO disappointed with Benefit BADgal mascara. There was no *oomph* with it, and it took alot of layers to get any real impact. By that point, there was so much mascara on my lashes it would get clumpy and flake.