The Body Shop VS Lush?

MissPanther

There are so many topics about this on the internet, but I just need clarity.

I use both, however I've been told by both sides that the other is "bad for you" or "doesn't work".
I personally don't have an opinion on either, but I'd like to know everyone else's opinions on it!

Nicala

I haven't used Lush, however, I've used TBS. Me and my mom use their body butters and absolutely love them. They sink in fairly quickly if rubbed in. I don't necessarily think it's bad for you. Nor Lush. Then again, many people have a different definition for "bad".

MissPanther

Ha ha yes... My favourite was when Dr. Oz had that lovely show on "The DANGERS of Parabens and Sulfates". Almost every single person who came to MAC the next day was asking for a foundation without these two ingredients. And quite honestly, from my experience in Dermatology classes, I felt it was *almost* complete non-sense. Yes, it IS bad for you if you use.... a lot of it. But if you put your moisterizer on and wash your face at the end fo the day then you should have no problem with them.

NatalieMT

I don't use The Body Shop products, I find the scents a bit synthetic but I really doubt it's 'bad for you' so to speak. I do however absolutely love Lush, it's all as natural as possible, organic ingredients are used and it's all ethical so what more could you want I guess. I was reading there newsletter today and to quote 'why use a synthetic coconut scent in a product when you can put real coconut in it?' and it does ring true. Why not harness the benefits of these very wholesome resources.

My favourite products are probably the bubble bars and bath melts. They do make my skin feel lovely, especially Dreamtime!

naturallyfab

I've heard good things about the body shop, but i've never used it. However, I am a total lush junky and would recommend that brand highly!

imthebeesknees

I love both stores... and I think each has their own purpose.

I get my face washes, moisturizers, shower gel and body butters from The Body Shop.
And I get bath bombs, soaps, face masks, scrubs and shampoos from Lush.

So I love both stores... I don't think one is better than the other, they both have amazing products!

If anyone hasn't been to both of these stores, I definitely reccomend checking them out! :)

Susanne

I think you cannot compare the two.

I LOVE Lush for their bath bombs and soaps
heart.gif

The Body Shop has awesome body butters and body scrubs.

I don't want to miss one of them!

MissPanther

I definitely agree with the synthesized fragrants of The Body Shop. The one thing I appreciate about them is how their Fair Trade :)
Can anyone recommend a go to product to try from Lush? I keep hearing about their facial masks, but the only thing I don't like about them is that they expire in three weeks...

Susanne

I definitely agree with the synthesized fragrants of The Body Shop. The one thing I appreciate about them is how their Fair Trade :)
Can anyone recommend a go to product to try from Lush? I keep hearing about their facial masks, but the only thing I don't like about them is that they expire in three weeks...
I would definitely try Butterball bath bomb.

And BIG shampoo or Smitten handcream.

And a soap: Rockstar, Honey I washed the kids or Snowcake.

imthebeesknees

Yes, their facial masks do expire in 3 weeks, but the amount you get is pretty small, so it's not hard to use up. Also, I know some girls that freeze some of their Lush products to extend their shelf life.

I would recommend that you try the bath bombs, soap.. and the shower gels. My favorite product of all time is their christmas scent 'Snow Fairy' ... the shower gel is amazzzing in that scent!
The only thing I am not crazy about is their lip balm, the consistancy is just weird, and it tastes aweful... but besides that I haven't tried anything that I do not love.

Honestly, there are so many different products, and it depends on what you are looking for .. i.e... skin type, scent preference, ect.. so i would recommend going in and talking to the girls there... they are REALLY helpful!

Miaow

Yeah, like other people have been saying both have different products which are good! From Lush I would try the bath bombs/bubble bars - blackberry, space girl and sex bomb are some of my favourites but it just depends what fragrances you like :) They also have a body lotion called vanilla dee-lite which is gorgeous! From The Body Shop I agree with Susanne that the body butters and scrubs are awesome (although I'm liking the Soap & Glory scrub atm.) Oh and about the face masks, they do come in a small tub but even then I had trouble using them up! If there is someone that would want to share one with you that might be a good idea :)

Aelya

I don't really like Lush, I can't say it's beacause of the price because when we think, TBS is too expensive... And As MissPanther say, it expire in 3 week so ... Even if there are not many product I don't know... The only thing that I like is bath's stuff, I think it's funny so I like.
So I'm team TBS. I'm so in love with flavor, Grapefruit is my favorite I could smell it since 6 hours ! Their butter is so good, and their scrubs are soft so I like it !
Well I'm really crazy about THB I want taste ALL flavor ( only taste Cherish ( Don't like really ) Grapefruit and Mango <3 )

MissPanther

Thanks so much for your advice guys! So I went in there and got the butterball bath bomb, and I LOVE it. It just smells amazing and makes my skin feels so good afterward. I also used Sexbomb with my boyfriend, and even he has to admit that it was pretty nice.
I bought the face masks (Cosmetic Warrior), because I have combo skin as well as the Coal Face soap. I've seen a little bit of skin peeling, but it's only been two days so I'm not entirely sure if I should continue.

I love Body Shop though, I've been going to them for years for their Body Butters, especially their "Mother of All Body Butters" that's going on right now!

imthebeesknees

Quote: Originally Posted by MissPanther
I love Body Shop though, I've been going to them for years for their Body Butters, especially their "Mother of All Body Butters" that's going on right now!

Omg! I know! When I saw the Mother of All Body Butter... I was SOOO excited! I can't wait to get another one! :)

MissPanther

Quote: Originally Posted by imthebeesknees
Omg! I know! When I saw the Mother of All Body Butter... I was SOOO excited! I can't wait to get another one! :)

I'm sad that they only have a few select scents out though :( My favourite is the Cocoa Butter but they only have Shea out T_T

jillybean

I used to love TBS for their eye shadows but since discovering MAC, I haven't gone back. I used their skin care line before and it was just okay but really like LUSH, especially their toners.

Oubliette

I really don't like Lush at all... I think it's overpriced for what you get and the scents really aren't that great at all. Way too much hype for me. I think the Body Shop has better products personally.

MissPanther

I've started using their facial bar soap a week ago, called "Coal Face", and I've actually gotten really good results. I was using the Tea Tree Oil Facial wash from Body Shop before, and I quickly realized that it was the one that was making me break out so much. It's been 7 days and the bumps all over my face have since gone down, but I found that the cleanser bar itself does make my skin flakey (like dandruff except on the face :/) My seaweed moisterizer from The Body Shop isn't really cutting it in terms of moisterizing so I'm going to try TBS' Vitamin E to see if that will help.

I WOULD have tried the most moisterizing facial moisterizer called "Skin's Shangri-La" if it weren't for the fact that you have to pay 50.00CAD for 45g :( Has anybody tried it? I might be willing to pay for it IF the moisterizer is godly.

I've tried the eyeshadows from TBS, but I found that they would pretty much melt off my face at the end of the day. Their perfumes are essentially the same too, and I didn't like how they were so similar to typical perfumes from drug store brands. Lush has a TON of unique scents though, and my signature scent right now is a scent called "Lust". Amazing heady smell.

Susanne

I can really recommend the face soap Fresh Pharmacy by Lush! Great for oily and combination skin.

vintageroses

Like everyone has said. TBS butter are a staple for me! I will never be caught dead without one at home! :D The lush massage bars are amazing too, as well as the bottled soaps! :D It's a pity I don't get lush easily here!

Latest posts