The Body Shop VS Lush?

NappyMACDiva3

I love love love TBS. It is one of my HG stores. I love the body butters and wish they still sold the Nut Foam bath. It is the best.

Mabelle

i really dont care for the the body shop. The only things ive ever really liked were the peppermint pumic foot scrub (even that i found i still needed to use with a pumic stone) , the hemp hand cream (but i hated the smell) and anything scented vanilla spice. The bnody butters are nice, but i just never end up using them up. In Fact i have one taht im currently stairing at from... oh lets say 5 years ago that i fully know HAS to be expred, and theres hardly a dent in it. I havent touched it in forever, but it kills me to throw it away because of how much it cost me.

i LOVE lush. I use there products in full every time, no waste! I Love Coal face soap (i use it on my body) and their bath bombs/melts/bubble bars. I liked their masks, but would forget to do them, so they would expire. Their mesage bars are great. Im IN LOVE with their Peid de Pepper foot cream. It smells devine and feels amzing on your feet. Totally sooths sore feet. I even use it on my legs when they are sore after a long day of work. Love their sugar scrubs. I love lushes products, but more than taht i love their ethics! Not tested on animals. As natural and organic as possible. Mostly vegan friendly. Little to no packaging. I love that they have chairty pots. I love that they no longer use palm oil. I love that they will fully give away their palm oil alternative recipe to any flippin company! I love that their bags are all compostable. I freakin love lush!

cattina

Body shop only fakes that it is natural etc. it is ilike only 0.1 percent natural and 99.9 percent chemical and synthetic. I hate body shop! And its so overpriced... Lush is a trillion times better. I am hooked on lush.

rockin

For me, Body Shop wins hands down. Walking past the door of Lush makes me feel physically sick, because of the overpowering smell, whereas there is no such problem with Body Shop.

I don't buy a lot of Body Shop stuff, but I do like their shampoos and conditioners. They also do handy little gadgets like the zit remover (can't remember what it's actually called).

commandolando

LUSH! hands down! I used to be obsessed with the body shop (in the 90's in Canada, Lush always smelled "earthy" to me) I couldn't stand walking near the store....now they have the new range of bath bombs (twilight, dragons egg etc) the L/E shower gels smell amazing, they lather so much better than The Body Shop and smell a million times better! I just bought the Solid Shampoo bar in Seanik & the Jungle conditioner & I'm so stoked, my hair is so shiny & smells wonderful....and the cupcake face mask..HOLY GRAIL!

Lush is also coming out with a Twilight shower gel that's light purple! AND a moon bath bomb that's like Twilight & Fizz Banger but smells like Ghost shower gel. I'm addicted!

Also, my boyfriend HATES products..he uses shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash..all drug store. I showed him the Ocean Salt face scrub and he uses it everyday. ha! He's also been using my solid shampoos. Were going to Lush this wknd to pick out an everyday face wash for him. :)

ashtraygirl

Actually years back Lush use to make products for Body Shop, but I think they got annoyed at being asked to use synthetics..
I prefer Lush because they are clearly animal friendly whereas Body Shop has been owned by Loreal for 10 years.
girl_devil.gif

Polaris

I think they both serve a purpose. I get my bath stuff from LUSH and I get my body butter from The Body Shop.

Also, I think TBS is starting to go towards more natural products as well.

PeachTwist

LUSH, hands down. I am however biased considering I was a Christmas temp-employee. I love absolutely every single thing I've used from them.

Bath bombs, face wash, fresh face mask, toner, moisturiser, body butter (exfoliates & moisturises body, not to be confused with a cream/lotion), massage bars, soap, bubble bars, shower gel, shampoo, perfume, lip scrub.. I've tried at least one in every single category mentioned and love them all.

I love the smell of things, the fact that they use as little packaging as absolutely possible and if you bring back 5 black empty, clean pots then you get a free fresh face mask. I think it's an excellent way to make sure their customers recycle - and they DO recycle those black pots, they melt them down and re-make them so there is no waste! They're as vegan as they can be, they don't test on animals and they support many different causes worldwide. Their charity pots really make a difference and each month or so they're supporting a new cause. I think it's a fantastic company and although I no longer work for them I will continue to always buy from them.

Also, LUSH and the original TBS owner before taken over by L'oreal used to actually be very good friends. TBS stopped being all natural etc when they were taken over. Personally I've never used TBS, but I also don't feel like I'm missing out on anything when I'm so happy with my LUSH stuff.

I'd also like to rave about a product - "Tiny Hands" is a hand moisturiser in the shape of a baby hand - I personally never, ever use moisturiser on my hands as I cannot stand absolutely any oily/greasy type feel. I'm always washing them to get rid of any trace of dirt etc too. Sticky/dirty/greasy hands I can't stand - this product, albeit oily until it sinks into the skin, which it has within a few minutes is THE best hand moisturiser I've used. It makes my hands so unbelievably soft. I even used it on my legs after shaving last week and they were unbelievably soft and silky feeling.

Sorry for such a long post. :)

jennifa

Nobody get offended, but I think both lines use the "natural, wholesome" skincare line to hook people in. My vote goes to one line you can find in any Target or Duane Reade: Shea Moisture!!

They make soaps, lotions, shampoos, shaving balms, etc. The ingredients, which are posted in big print on the label, are truly natural and wholesome (NOTHING you can't pronounce! No need for a dictionary!) It's free trade and organic, they don't test on animals, and they've done wonders for my skin!!

If you have to get something from Lush though, the Buffy scrub bar is amazing. But I think everything else from Lush/TBS is overrated and overpriced.

Duvessa

I use Lush soaps and shower gels plus some shampoos and lotions - and from TBS I use some skincare products, make up brushes and body lotions. So they don't really clash for me, I can use both :) I have pretty much stopped buying as much from TBS since it was sold to L'Oreal.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I haven't purchased from Lush in years. My favourite product of all time from them is one they don't make anymore: Skinny Dip shower gel. :( The Body Shop, I have their Tea Tree toner and their eye makeup remover. Neither are terrible; would I buy them again? Possibly, I'm not sure.