The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

cutemiauw

Oh the blusher is very pretty! I don't think it has a good color payoff on me (which is why I didn't buy it). Must be looking very good on you :)

Ergh, sorry to hear about your Shop/Cook event experience... But congrats on getting the WMS!
Weirdly I'm not interested in any of the products. I thought about getting a b/u of Flaunting it, but my current one isn't even halfway finished
girlhaha.gif
. Also thought about the e/s, but none of the palettes really speaking to me (and I kinda want to see the Chanel quad for summer :p).

Nice clothes is a good idea! Or new shoes... or bags :p. I think I tend to shop more clothes during the spring/summer months compared to winter though. Do tell us of your purchases, Anneri *g*

Eleentje

I know what you mean, Astrid, when you talk about having to miss your families too much. I have an auntie and a cousin in the US and another auntie and 2 cousins in Australia, and it is horrible that I can't see them that often. I can't wait til April, as I'll be seeing my Australian relatives finally, after 10 years or so!

Quote: Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Nice clothes is a good idea! Or new shoes... or bags :p. I think I tend to shop more clothes during the spring/summer months compared to winter though. Do tell us of your purchases, Anneri *g*

Yep, same here!

I think I'll limit myself to just 2 lippies from Shop, Cook and Chen Man, and that's it until Extra Dimension.

Anneri

Quote: Originally Posted by cutemiauw

You asked for it! *g*

Prepare for a picture laden post! (Is that even a word?)

First item: wide trousers, seventies-style!

Second item: silk blouse. Goes wonderfully with the red trousers.
Both are from asos.

Black sweater.
heart.gif

Blue cardigan.
Jumper and this both are from Mango.

What do you think?

bis

^^ Absolutely love the red trousers! Adore them actually! They and the blouse are my favs, great buy. Off to look at the red trousers ;)

Eleentje

I'm loving the silk blouse! WIld prints are going to be big in the months to come :)
And I have a jacket that is similar to that blue one, but in black with contrasting white lining. I love it! :)

cutemiauw

I actually love the sweater most from your pictures, Anneri. But all the pieces are nice
smiles.gif

I was one of those who is crazy enough to queue at the H&M store last Thursday. Did any of you get something from the Marni collection? I got the legging and the white top with dark brown zig zag pattern :p. Wanted to get the short dress, but I was too late for that.

Now I'm all set for warm Spring!

Anneri

Heh, me too! I too got the shirt with the brown zigzag pattern! I desperately wanted one of the collars and the polka dot dress, but that was already sold out. I got also the brown leather bag and the blue jacket and sweater are coming via mail. And then I'll decide if I keep everything or if I want to join the ebay madness. Last week I saw that the long silk dress was sold for 230€ at ebay, and the collars for about 60€. Insane!

Btw, my bf and me decided to treat ourselves to a nice weekend abroad - we're going to Dublin in April! Any recs? Has anyone been there before?

cutemiauw

I smiled ear to ear when I read you have the same top. I wore it the other day (with some cardigan), just can't wait that long! Yeah, the polkadot dress was such a high demand item. Apparently I was only about 20 mins late for it. The group that went in before me still got the dress (I think almost everyone purchased it). I still saw one when I got in, but it was size 38 :(. The blue jacket is also very pretty! I wish I could get more but dang my limited budget
cutey.gif

I haven't been to Dublin yet, I have no idea... I would love to go too though, someday. Vacation sounds sooo great. I booked one for May, to Toulouse. Weather forecast said we'll have warm weather this weekend. I hope it's true for you too, Anneri.

Btw, had anyone tried the new Lancome lipsticks? The Rouge in Love series.

cutemiauw

Hi, has anyone here tried the red lipstick by Ellis Faas?
http://www.ellisfaas.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=9
It claims to have the perfect red for all skintones. I wonder how true is that to its claim...
I think I might try it out anyways since I haven't been able to find the right red with the right consistency so far. Hopefully I could find them somewhere here (the website said there's a store selling them in Berlin). Let you know when I do ;)

cutemiauw

Me again
girlhaha.gif
. I hope someone else is still reading this thread...

I bought the Ellis Faas red lipstick... And I think it's first red lipstick I could actually feel confident wearing
pompom.gif
. The color is described as a neutral red, very blood like (especially if you tried on the creamy one). I got the milky one, which kind of feels like the MAC Kissable lip colors. I like the brush, it definitely gives control in applying the lip color. Also, when it fades, it does it evenly (I hate it when the pigmented lip products fades out blotchy).

So the one on the left I took indoor (bad lighting, bad front camera), the lipstick is freshly applied... you could see it's quite glossy. The picture on the right is like 3-4 hours later. I didn't eat, but I drink and talk a lot.. you could see it disappears a bit on the inner lip part, but it looks suprisingly very good!
Let's say I'm now a red lipstick believer ;)

Anneri

I'm still here!!!

You look wonderful, Astrid. Where did you get the Ellis Faas lippie? And how much was it?

After the renewed animal testing MAC is doing now, I think of branching out and say goodbye to MAC...

In other news, I've got a new job in PR and will start next Monday. Wish me luck!

cutemiauw

Yay!!! Thanks Anneri :)

I got the lippie at a beauty salon around KuDamm. The online site listed the stores: http://www.ellisfaas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=55 Or you could order them online + shipping cost. The lippies are 25 euros, so far I think the quality is worth the price!

What? MAC is doing animal testing now? :(. Oh I just saw the thread... hmm... yeah it's a tricky situation. *sigh* Sometimes I do forget which companies are still doing this and keep buying from them :(. Which brand do you think you will branch out to?

Oh congrats on your new job!!!!
pompom.gif
Fingers and toes crossed! (although I'm sure you won't be needing them as you would do the job wonderfully anyways ;) )

ssaemblog

Oh, wow. I haven't been on this forum in ages.

I also quit buying from MAC... well, I quit after they supported the whole SOPA fiasco, ha, but the animal testing took the cake. Even if they're only doing it in China, it still doesn't make them cruelty free, so I'm staying away. I never really purchased from MAC (one or so a year, on Christmas and birthdays when I'd go to the CCO and sometimes the counter in Charlotte), so it's okay. I'm not missing too much. I like sticking with Sephora since I can get value kits and points. ;D

Ah, I've got a bit of a chip in a tooth. I thought it was cavities so I went to the dentist to get it checked out. Turns out it's chipped from grinding, hahaha. But of course dentist went away before I could really ask (well I hadn't really thought about it until later) if I should get it covered before it gets worse. Good thing I go back anyway next Thursday for a cleaning so I'll just ask then. Now I need to stop grinding. c: I should wear my retainer more often, but I hate waking up with it. Bleh.

And ugh, I spent so much over the weekend. Well, around 50ish, but that's still a lot to me since I've been spending a lot this year. I got a kit from theBalm at TJ Maxx for 30$. Has my TM so that's a backup, a cream concealer but... I think it might be too orange? :/ I SUCK at foundation/concealer matching unless it's like NW40 shade (which would be so obvious since I'm around NW15-20 lol) so... argh. Also came with Sexy Mama powder and a liquid concealer.... I hate it when I buy things and then get that "ugh should i really have purchased that" feeling lol Especially since I'm leaving to the other side of the country (California) in a month and fskdjfdkfjdkj SO MUCH MAKEUP TO CARRY.

Which reminds me. Ugh. How the eff am I gonna pack all my powder stuff in my carry on and then leave my liquid things in a suitcase. xD I've never done this before. I mean, I've flown a lot but last time was when I was 12. I didn't have lots of makeup when I was twelve :p

oh yeah and i need new primer but i keep holding off on it 'cos i'm sooooo cheap and don't wanna spend 8 dollars on a hard candy primer. *eye roll* haha hoping somebody on makeupalley will wanna swap with me. answer my msgs, people!!!

oh, i just realized the last post was in march...

cutemiauw

Trying to revive this thread again!
How are the lovely Ratonas doing?
party.gif

I was in a bit of a bad funk earlier, feeling a little stuck with my life, partly because I lost contact with some of my good friends (they moved to another city), partly because I felt like what I'm doing work wise just not going anywhere. Then I realized it's time to change something... so I dragged myself out, started making new connections, doing some language exchange, joining a lunch club, and do something really different work wise as well... I'm still wobbling but in general I'm in a better place
amuse.gif

Miss the chatters here
grouphug2.gif

Anneri

I miss it too, Astrid!

I wanted to answer your post for the longest time - very sorry it took me so long!
Sorry to hear you were in a rough spot. I think it's very admirable that you were able to recognise the problem, think of possible solutions and actually go through with them. I seem to get stuck at the middle - recognising the problem but unable to to something about it...
I absolutely agree that it's tough to get out of touch with friends. Happened to me too during the last years, due mainly to our very different stages we were with our lives. Which language are you learning right now? And tell about the lunch club! Sounds delicious!
I too have some decisions to make work wise. Seems I'm stuck with a wrong job too. I never experienced that before - work conditions were sometimes unbearable in my former jobs, but now it's the work itself I absolutely hate. Haven't seen that coming! But anyways - if you feel like you need someone to chat to feel free to PM me! I'd love to do that, actually!
yes.gif

Miss QQ

Hi ladies! Miss the chatter here too!

I had a rough patch earlier this year, feeling I was not where I wanted to be in my life right now, and it could well be due to peer pressure. I calmed down after a long while but the feelings came out again shortly. I'm feeling better now as I know how to deal with myself, and feel calmer mentally. Distractions help move me along. Makeup is always a remedy. I'm learning to play the violin and completed the crash course for beginners. lol. I'll be starting on the intermediate class soon. Watching Euro 2012 was great too, as my favourite team Espana won.
smiles.gif

Astrid - I agree with Anneri, it's great that you are able to take steps to improve your situation. Good to hear you are in a better place now! I'm always just stuck with the problems and not take any actions. Thanks for sharing, it gives me something to think about what I can do too.

Anneri - Sorry to hear about what you feel about your job. Hope you can talk to someone you trust and maybe you will have a better idea about where you want to go. I'm also always stuck in the middle, recognising the problems but not doing anything until I have a mini "crisis" and I'll have to do something "drastic" or "dramatic".

User38

Ratonas!!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

I was wondering where everybody was! I have been away so long and so much has happened in my life.. grr. As some of you know my sister passed away on Feb. 2nd.. and it's been hard on all of my family. I keep fighting off the feeling of loss.. and soon facing another anniversary of Jeff's passing.. so, life is sweet and bitter for me.

I have decided to take a sabbatical from my work -- and work once a week via skype with my office.. mercifully I am allowed that luxury but I must return in September. I am having a great time with family and friends (new and old) and basically being a bum. Although to be honest, I got very sick after my sister passed and had two hospitalizations from a deficient immune system.. but my diet has improved, and I am back to excercise and having some fun.

I have not kept up much with Chanel in the last few months.. to be honest, if it was up to me, I probably would not look at mu for now.. but one must put on the best face possible... so I plod.

but right now.. for all of you who knew of Ramon.. we are just friends in the distance. But but... I have met a wonderful guy and he is also an R.. lol.. wonderful and funny, but too good looking for his own good.. so, that might last like a chocolate bonbon in the hot summer sun.

anyway.. big hugs to all.. especially to all the warm welcomes and great ladies on this site
heart.gif

JennsJewelz

Hi, everyone! It's been AGES!

I'm finally finished my first year of teaching, which has been wonderful.... I am very thankful for the summer holidays, though! Part-time? Yeah, right! And I'll be full-time come September. Thankfully, that includes a significant pay raise! :)

Jerome and I are finally getting our wedding plans into motion, hoping to get married next July! His job hunt has been very frustrating though, and he still hasn't had any luck (even though he is incredibly gifted, and probably over-qualified!). It's been emotionally exhausting for the both of us, but I'm crossing my fingers that something good will come his way this year and re-inspire him!

I'm hoping to have much more time to keep up with everyone now that I'm on summer vacation! It's the first time in years that I won't be working full time. I'm starting back into my exercise routine, trying to get back in touch with friends, and starting to plan a wedding! :) I am also thoroughly looking forward to getting back into some more colourful makeup routines! :) I'm missed the community here, and I can't wait to re-connect with everyone!

Astrid - I'm sorry to hear you were going through a rough patch... but you're looking beautiful, as always! :D I hope things are starting to look up for you!

Anneri - I hope your job situation gets better... my fiancé is having the same problem, and he's been really struggling all year, but especially these past few months. You really do have to be happy with what you're doing!!!

MissQQ - Wow, I'm so impressed that you picked up the violin! :) I agree, makeup is an awesome distraction... hope you're feeling less stressed and pressured and are able to enjoy the beginning of summer!

HG - Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister... I've been gone from Specktra for too long! I hope that she is able to rest peacefully now that her pain and suffering are over. Cancer is brutal. I hope you've been taking care of yourself too - no more in and out of hospitals for you! Hopefully your sabbatical is just the ticket :) And I'm intrigued about this new man! I still think your engagement story to Ramon was one of the best April Fools tricks we've seen here!
girlhaha.gif

Hope we manage to pick this thread up again... you're all too much fun!
pompom.gif

cutemiauw

Wohooo it's alive
cheerleader.gif
!!

Anneri, don't worry... I'm also like that with answering threads, and then the next thing I know I'm already completely off topic
greengrin.gif
. I'm always reading everything though!

Well, it actually took me quite awhile to realize what was the core of my problems, and then another while to sort them out... taking the step outside was not very comfortable at the beginning, but I'm I glad I did! I feel better everyday (in general, as I still have my mellow days, lol). Also I think for me, doing some yoga/meditation help a lot

I'm trying to make my German more fluent :D. And a little bit more of French too, since I already took some classes some years ago.
The lunch club, it's a meetup where people are meeting for lunch, but what's great is they actually organize a real chef for this, and the people are actually encouraged to get to know others in the place. As a result, we get good food and make new friends :). WIN!

Miss QQ, that's awesome with the violin! I always thought I wanted to try learn playing cello for some reason.
I think for me, the core was that feeling of I'm not where I wanted to be too... I felt very guilty for not earning much, and that doesn't help very much when I spent some on makeup. But actually, mu wise, it helped me making good purchases, so I'm only buying stuff I truly want (at least I hope so ;) ). Hopefully with this change of what I do, I would also earn more :).
Loved watching Euro2012 too, but my favorite team was Germany so... was a bit sad there :p. Spain totally deserve the win though, congratulations!!!

HG!!
th_hug.gif

I can't even imagine what you must've been through these past couple of months... stay strong, HG! Hope you're feeling better now too, and you know we're here for you too!

One reason why I love mu is because it could definitely lift my face to look more glowy and fresh even when I'm feeling off weather :p. Screw the people who said the most beautiful girls should be bare-faced. LOL.

Jenns! Yes, I'm doing better now :). How are you?
Congrats on your full time teaching :). Fingers crossed for your Jerome! I'm sure it's just a matter of time until he finds something really good
yes.gif
. Good luck on your wedding plans too! Next July means.. this month?

I agree, the Rrramon April fools is the best one I had so far
lol.gif

I guess the Ratonas are really a strong bunch!! It seemed like everyone was having problems earlier this year, maybe that was why the thread died?

Btw, I'm going to Paris later on this month, does anyone have a suggestion for some nice places to eat (without breaking my card) there?

JennsJewelz

Yay! I like this :)

Thanks for the congrats! Wedding plans are still a year away (thankfully!), and we've been talking about lots of things for the past year, but now we're starting BOOKINGS, so it all feels much more official :)

There's always something going on in everyone's life, right? Hope everyone is doing well and has found themselves back in a good place again...

OOOH, Paris! *swoons* I love all the little restaurants in the Latin Quarter (get off at St. Michel...). There are some awesome places for fondue and raclette, and lots of charming little bistros with prix fixe options where you can try a bit of everything at a reasonable price. I also love to just grab some groceries and fresh bread, then sit in the secret little fenced-in park there (carré de something or other... literally across from Notre Dama Cathedral on the other side of the Seine. Les Champs de Mars is another great place to do that! And if all else fails, sidewalk crepe vendors have yummy savoury crepes for on-the-go sandwiches. All delicious! If you're looking to splurge a little, head out to St. Germain and try Les Deux Magots! Hemingway's favourite spot in Paris :)