The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

Miss QQ

^^ Paris sounds wonderful. I love fresh bread, crepes and sandwiches. Congrats on working full time with higher pay later this year! Enjoy the holidays and hope Jerome gets a great job soon. Astrid - Germany played well too. It must be fun supporting your own country and watching the team progressed to the next stages with each win! I have been trying to be more selective with makeup purchases too and I will keep it like this for the rest of the year, though sometimes I give in to buying on impulses. Let's stay strong! HG - Good to hear that you are eating well now. Hope you build up your health quickly with exercise and rest. Hugs to all!

Eleentje

Yay, I'm glad I decided through all the threads I've been following, as it no longer pops up at the top!
I've hardly been busy with makeup or coming to Specktra since April, when I went to Australia (such an amazing country!! - spending a month there really helped me to become to my own smiley happy self), but I definitely missed chatting with the Ratonas!
Just like most of you, there was a lengthy rough patch I had to go through, before I ended up in a more happy place. Work is still being rather demanding at times, but I am generally feeling good about myself and plan a lot of self-improvement. I want to start driving lessons this Fall and also will start looking for a new, better-paying job.
I am also going to be an auntie this December: my sister is expecting a baby-girl (or so we think), and she and her bf are going to move back to Holland for a while, so I'll be seeing more of them now
yahoo.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Hello! Good to know you are at a better place now! Which part of Australia were you at? I want to go there too.

shadowaddict

Jenn,
th_welcomeback2.png
Hello, Soooo glad to see you back on here. Well wishes to Jerome on finding a great job.

Have you seen all the new Butter London n/p colors? They have some really pretty ones. Nordies has for their anniv sale a set that comes with one n/p (reg $14) & one lippie (reg $17) for $19. There are 3 or 4 different colors it comes in. My Nordies was out and they tracked some down and are shipping to me with no shipping cost. I love their customer service.

congrat.gif
on your upcoming wedding. You must share all the details as you plan everything. And of course share pics.

JennsJewelz

Hey again everyone! :) Miss QQ, if you ever get a chance to go to Paris, don't walk, run! :p Although I have to say that the south (Nice, Cannes, Antibes-Juan-les-Pins) is much better for vacationing... lovely beaches and perfumeries!!!

Eleentje! I'm so glad that things are going better - I know how frustrated you were getting with your job! I would love to visit Australia one day, too...

Shaddowaddict!!! Every time I see a Butter London polish I think of you :) I've only seen the new colours online, although they look gorgeous... no Nordie's in Canada, unfortunately! :( We may be taking a trip to Buffalo or New York in the next couple of weeks, though, so I may seek them out in stores there. So funny, because they're a Canadian brand!!!

Wedding stuff is coming slowly.... found the church we want to be married in, but we have to become members of a different church first, then get permission to start our wedding course, then get permission to get married at the other church! We're hoping to get married next July, but you need to 12 months notice... it may end up happening in August because of that, now! Hopefully we figure all of this out before the start of school, though, so that we can get some legwork done before life gets crazy again! :)

Eleentje

^^ Hello! Good to know you are at a better place now! Which part of Australia were you at? I want to go there too.
Miss QQ, I travelled along the east coast: Melbourne, then Deniliquin (a small country town where my auntie and cousins live), then Canberra, Sydney, Byron Bay and Brisbane.
It was an amazing holiday and I really didn't want to leave. I am sure you will love it too, when you go! I am hoping to come back in a few years and see the rest east coast and Northern Territory (Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Darwin...). Heck, I am even debating with myself if maybe I should get the working holiday visa, while I still can!

Latest posts