The dumbest MAC mistake you've made.

nibjet

I absolutely hate the mineral eye shadows, yet keep purchasing them because I'm drawn in by pretty colors. I probably have 6 of the things just sitting around completely un-used. I managed to stop my self from getting the ones from VV, but that's a first!

Creme de Violet, looks so pretty in the pan, but was horrible on my eyes. Peaches blush never showed up on my NC40 skintone either. I swapped away both.

laylalovesmac

Like a good handful of the people above, I threw out at least a dozen things before I knew about B2M.
thmbdn.gif

Nzsallyb

i brought all of the rushmetal pigments, then decided i didnt like them, only to sell them off. DOH!!! (apart from the orange one, that was hideous!)

LoraBrook

Not saving the labels when I first started depotting! I hate that I have hit pan on a few colors and I don't know what they are!

Also, I bought a couple of blush shades that are just SO wrong for me!

mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcats
When I was like 13/14 I decided I wanted some mac foundation, but for some reason I thought yea I would buy it off the website and match myself up by the swatches on the site. I picked nc37 because I thought it looked like my skin on the computer. I'm actually a nw15/20. I still wore it.

lol.gif

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
i brought all of the rushmetal pigments, then decided i didnt like them, only to sell them off. DOH!!! (apart from the orange one, that was hideous!)

I bought the orange one (Off The Radar, I believe it's called). *That* has been my biggest MAC mistake so far. And no one seemed to want it when I've tried to get rid of it.
ssad.gif

SUMM3RxBABii

i made this mistake a few months ago.
had all my 6 b2ms to trade for something and i traded it for tunnel of love superglass. since the receipt was sticking out of my bag and the wind was quite strong that day. it blew the receipt away -____-

rarity

I've done the same on maybe 2-3 glosses. Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I think my stupidest mac thing was throwing out an old lipglass before I knew about B2M. It's not exactly earth-shattering
smiles.gif

beautenoir

this is totally me too. i have a few that i have no idea what they are. i think a couple aren't regular colors either so i possibly will never know.

charlotte366

creme de violet eyeshadow

but my biggest mistake is getting caught up with what everyone else has bought, I now only buy what I really want and like, as a result alot fewer mistakes!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I threw out a lot of old Mac products because I kept forgetting about B2M. I also regret not thinking more about which products were discontinued before I got rid of them. I also wish I'd figured out earlier that it was possible to wear more than one colour of eye make-up at a time. I can't think of (or at least I don't want to think of) the number of times I went out looking strange because it looked like I had half my make-up on.

But my biggest mistake was purchasing a product at Sephora that supposedly allowed you to use regular eye shadows as liners. This sounded great to me, so I went home and started using it right away... and ended up killing a lot of my dark eye shadows (including some LE ones). IN this case, the girl at the store actually told me that it wouldn't hurt my shadows, but that turned out to be a load. It didn't even end up giving very good colour payoff, on top of all that. Now if something sounds too good to be true, I know to run like hell.

VAQTPIE

When I was a makeup newbie, I threw my 187 into a section of my overnight bag that also contained my hair products. By the time I reached my destination, my hair serum had spilled all over everything in that compartment, including the 187. It was ruined...I thought I would never be able to get it out. To make matters worse, I threw the brush away and purchased a new one. I often wonder if I could have salvaged that brush now that I'm more educated about cleaning, etc.

Hands down the dumbest thing I've done is buy Creme De Violet eyeshadow three separate times thinking this time it would work. It was one of the first shadows I ever bought and still to this day no matter what I use for a base, it goes on my skin like five times darker than how it appears in the pan. I threw my first one a way, B2M'ed the second one and returned the third after finally accepting that it did not work for me :)

EmWyllie

I think one of the dumbest mistakes I made was storing my Shimmer-Time pigment upside down after not properly screwing on the lid. >_>

Thankfully the surface it spilled on to was sanitary (on top of an eyeshadow palette) and I was able to salvage about 95% of the spill, maybe more.

Mechta

i brought woodwinked....i know may love that e/s but on me it looks awful i hate it maybe someone could tell me how to use it to make it look good?

MelVegas12

i brought woodwinked....i know may love that e/s but on me it looks awful i hate it maybe someone could tell me how to use it to make it look good?

I LOVE it on my lid with smut in the crease .... if you blend it well enough it doesnt look as metallic-y :)

Mechta

I LOVE it on my lid with smut in the crease .... if you blend it well enough it doesnt look as metallic-y :)

Mechta

today i actually used woodwinked i really blended it out all over the lid and out to the crease and then use retro speck in the iner coner and as a high light with expresso (cant spell) as a undereye/eyeliner colour with blitz & glitz fuildline as my top eyeliner then zoom lash mascara and crem de nude as my lip colour and a very small amount of dollymix as my blusher just to add a lil pink and right now its the only blusher i own....i had a small acident when i dropped the basket where my blushers we kept and ugghhhh they all broke (lucky only 2 mac ones...but in very lil lil lil pieces ... but it could of been worse) :( but i had dollymix in my make up bag.

ittybittylizzy

Some of these had me rofl. So hilarious!!
For me it buying items just because the color is pretty in the pot. Now I have a bunch of e/s that I never use :(

ittybitty