The dumbest MAC mistake you've made.

katiekatxoxo

haha these posts are sooo funny... my biggest MAC mistake would probably be the time I had my select cover up which was running out and didnt want to come out so I squeezed it REALLY hard and it went all down my shirt :( watse of product and the stain is still pretty visible :(

RealDoll

lol i feel you on this one...Im an NC30 back then when I thought I was the same color as friends I would buy super light foundations and wear it.
smash.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcats
When I was like 13/14 I decided I wanted some mac foundation, but for some reason I thought yea I would buy it off the website and match myself up by the swatches on the site. I picked nc37 because I thought it looked like my skin on the computer. I'm actually a nw15/20. I still wore it.

lol.gif

RealDoll

My worst MAC mistake would be buying a color lipstick that didnt even show up on my lips! But since it was Hello Kitty LE I thought I had to have it.

Romina1

My mistake was getting Hue l/s.

And then something that, thank God, I finally didn't! I was about to press a glitter in the pigment way and put it in my palette! Everything was ready, I had some doubts about the mess it could create and decided to google it first.

supermodella

Using Studio Fix liquid in NC50 AND using StudioFix Powder plus Foundation in what I recently found out had been NW45 on top of it. What the hell! I had major cake face by the end of the day. Now I just dust with Skinfinish Natural. :)

sayah

Buying an eyeshadow just because I thought the color itself was pretty.. Regardless of the fact that I won't wear it.

I think we've all been there once or twice.
2cents.gif

I'll add buying a lipstick just because it's pretty and ignoring the fact that it makes me look like a corpse.

HappyInsomniac

I sold a load of pigment vials from 2000-2006 on ebay for about a fiver. My mother kept giving them to me as christmas/birthday gifts, and I was never really that into makeup until a couple of years ago. I kicked myself when I started buying Mac and realised. :(

HOTasFCUK

Uggghhh too many to count!!

But maybe you guys can stop me from making another.....can mineralized blushes be depotted and fit into the 6 pan palette or is this a HORRIBLE idea? I can just see me breaking some pretty eyeshadows. I heard blushes are harder to depot then eyeshadows and found this to be true when i did it a few months ago so i'm thinking the mineralized ones are not meant to be depotted.

Mazdan

Uggghhh too many to count!!

But maybe you guys can stop me from making another.....can mineralized blushes be depotted and fit into the 6 pan palette or is this a HORRIBLE idea? I can just see me breaking some pretty eyeshadows. I heard blushes are harder to depot then eyeshadows and found this to be true when i did it a few months ago so i'm thinking the mineralized ones are not meant to be depotted.
Mmm, I never deppoted any but since the mineralized blushes have that dome I believe you won't be able to even close the palette? I mean, the other blushes are flat... but I might be completely wrong?

HOTasFCUK

Mmm, I never deppoted any but since the mineralized blushes have that dome I believe you won't be able to even close the palette? I mean, the other blushes are flat... but I might be completely wrong?

Oh very true! I didn't even think of that! Sounds like a bad idea all around!

Romina1

They should warn people that neon pigments cannot be pressed! Once mixed with alcohol they become disgusting and sticky like a glue.
Here's my poor Magenta Madness... Fortunately I wasted only a little bit of it...

FafiNati

I bought 'Going Bananas' from the Dare To Wear collection, as I heard alot of people raving about it and I wanted a nice Yellow eyeshadow. But when it arrived I was so dissapointed. There was barely any pigmentation at all when I applied it after trying it with various bases I gave up and now it lays in my make up draw not doing anything. If im honest I loved the name more than anything
blush-anim-cl.gif

LMD84

I bought 'Going Bananas' from the Dare To Wear collection, as I heard alot of people raving about it and I wanted a nice Yellow eyeshadow. But when it arrived I was so dissapointed. There was barely any pigmentation at all when I applied it after trying it with various bases I gave up and now it lays in my make up draw not doing anything. If im honest I loved the name more than anything
blush-anim-cl.gif
awww i'm sorry! i really like going bananas but it is more of a pale lemon than full on yellow. i love the name too though! so cute!

Latest posts