The lengths this lady would go to...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsinful
that women is Cathie Jung and she has corseted down to a 15in she waist wears corsets 24/7 and she did not have a rib removed but she does or did have the record for the smallest waist in the world her idea of beauty is different from yours and mine and there is nothing wrong with that

Ahh ok! Thanks for the info about no ribs being removed to look like how she is.
smiles.gif
I will edit that.

k.a.t

No ribs removed but her organs are all scrunched up ew i'd feel sick wearing a corset, how does she keep food down when there's no space for it? And what happens when (if) she takes the corset off does she snap in half or something?

Purity

You can read more about Cathie Jung at her website: Homepage Cathie Jung

The organs can acctually move around inside the stomach to a certain point, apparantly she's completly healthy and have a normal diet. A small waist is something she finds beautiful, lots of people wear corsets (I am one of them, but only at special occations) and before I gained weight, I could lace myself to a 20" waist without problems. It's acctually kinda nice to wear a corset, it supports the back and you'll get a nice posture. If it's made to fit and if you listen to your body and don't lace it more than you can handle at the time, you'll have no problems what so ever with eating, breathing, walking etc.

I acctually think it's kinda sad that you write stuff like "Freak" and such, I mean sure it doesn't look "normal" but this is something she has chosen to do herself and she think it's pretty. Just as some people choose to put in breast implants, split their tounges or have tattoos all over their body.
I think people have a right to look what ever they want without having loads and loads of web pages dedicated to how bad they look and that they are freaks for doing so with their bodies.

matsubie

AKKKK! what the hell.

when i scrolled down and started reading the comments, i was like, "oh okay, done with the pics.." and there it was, haunting me again with the recollection of the picture on one of the comments..

wow..i guess if this is the way she feels beautiful, then let her be it, but wow, she looks so uncomfortable.

TRES TEAL

man ... i dont know what u guys are talking about ... i would kill to look like that ....... NOT !!!!!!!!! haha

geeko

is this email real? or have the pictures been photoshopped?

i can't imagine any real woman doing this to herself. OMG

badkittekitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
I think she was just on Oprah too and that just isn't even pretty. YUUUUCK!!

i saw the episode too! CRAZY..doesnt even look like she could stand up straight if it wasnt for her corsets...ewwww she just took it to the extreme....sooo gross looking...
yucky.gif
yucky.gif

redambition

hrmmmm. interesting.

one of the links posted shows some famous celebrities who have trained waists.

dita von teese is among them.

i think that 15" is a bit too far, but i quite like the corset/mild waist training thing. i have tried on a proper corset and it was so comfortable, and the waist outline it gave me was brilliant!

lara

I don't see how this is any different to getting liposculpted, implanted, getting bone rescuplture, limb lengthening or anything else that's become completely normalised and falls under the umbrella of aesthetic surgery.

Who am I to throw judgement calls like 'freak' around?

SparklingWaves

My mom told me how she wishes she had the body she had when she was 18. She had such a small waist. Well, her wish has come true. She can just wear one of these contraptions and eat very tiny meals all day to get that youthful figure in no time.
smiles.gif

I can see my mom hitting me in the head with that thing and saying, "I would like to take deep breaths and eat. Don't abuse your mother."

lovelyweapon

Lara and Purity are absolutely right. This would be considered normal in our society if only it were more common. We look at her and think "Gross!" because it is unusual for us. I don't think it's fair to her that people would call her a freak because really it is what she considers beautiful.

happy*phantom

Well, I admit that corsets aren't my cup of tea (they look like alien material on me-I'm definitely no femme fatale/ Dita type) but if this lady is happy and healthy (she's studied biology and has to know about the human body. Besides her hubby is an orthopedic surgeon, I think she's in good hands)it's ok. It's her design of life though it's quite different from the ordinary standards. But when are we able to allow people to be different? Piercings, head scarfs, corsets, skin colour etc... are part of one's personal philosophy of life and identity. Would you prohibit them? If one do so, one principally questions peoples right to exist.