The NC50 Thread

Vandekamp

I am so glad that I found this thread. It looks quite interesting.

th_hello.gif
@pinkcrush and @jaymuse

Yazmin

I don't match with any Becca foundations and it makes me sad lol
ssad.gif
I just used Mahogany the other day and it appeared to be a good match.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkcrush

Can any of u girls recommend a new good summer foundation for me??? I tried the new MAC Pro Longwear waterproof nourishing but the colors are very off... NC50 was too red and NC45 was a good match skin tone wise but a bit yellow for the amount of hyperpigmentation that I have on my face... I tend to go a bit warmer to combat dark areas which works out quite well for me... I was looking at the Stila Stay All Day liquid and the Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation as well... Any thoughts on either??? Any suggestions for a good foundation that can brave the summer elements???
What about EL Light Wear Stay-in-Place? I wear the shade 6.0 (not the 6.0 deep brown which I think is actually 6.5).

RaizinnthaSun

For the Spring and Summer, I've been using Dior Forever foundation in 060, and it matches my skin to perfection and is matte, but not flat. And it make my skin look smoother too. Before I started using Dior, I was using Kat Von D foundation, which was working pretty well for me. But, Dior changed my life. Even my fiance was commenting on how good it looked. Any NC50s looking for something new should get a sample to try out from Sephora.

jaymuse

Ladies I just got the Clinque Stay Matte Oil-Free makeup earlier this week. It was created specifically for the summer heatwave!

It was supposedly tested in 80 degree 80% humidity weather so kind of similar to GA weather.

So far, so good! I'm in the shade 'Sienna' which is the darkest shade.

sagehen

Ladies I just got the Clinque Stay Matte Oil-Free makeup earlier this week. It was created specifically for the summer heatwave! It was supposedly tested in 80 degree 80% humidity weather so kind of similar to GA weather. So far, so good! I'm in the shade 'Sienna' which is the darkest shade.
Random...WHY is Amber not available on Clinique's website anymore? Do they not show OOS products on the site or is it gone?

Goat Goat Etc.

Ladies I just got the Clinque Stay Matte Oil-Free makeup earlier this week. It was created specifically for the summer heatwave!

It was supposedly tested in 80 degree 80% humidity weather so kind of similar to GA weather.

So far, so good! I'm in the shade 'Sienna' which is the darkest shade.
3Ksni6I.jpg

Goat Goat Etc.

Forgive me if I'm late to the convo about but has anyone gotten their hands on any of the new Too Faced Born This Way foundation?

sagehen

Forgive me if I'm late to the convo about but has anyone gotten their hands on any of the new Too Faced Born This Way foundation?
***Listens for replies*** I am curious too but I saw where the shade range stopped online and didn't even bother to look in stores.

Goat Goat Etc.

I am curious too but I saw where the shade range stopped online and didn't even bother to look in stores.
I looked on TF's site and saw they have 6 more shades coming in the fall. I hope they expand the darker colors. They have one that is "neutral to golden." That doesn't sit well with me.

jaymuse

I looked on TF's site and saw they have 6 more shades coming in the fall. I hope they expand the darker colors. They have one that is "neutral to golden." That doesn't sit well with me.
Hmmm I hoped the extensions would be darker. I guess we have to wait and see!

Goat Goat Etc.

•dark cocoa to contour
Thank you! I just saw these for the first time in person this week and was stressing over which ones were right for me. I hadn't seen your post yet and decided to eyeball my selections. I got a hit and a miss; I got Toast and Warm Honey. Warm Honey is too light!

Oh you are welcome :). I actually use warm honey to highlight my under eyes with. When I want that highlighted look and it works. I just go over it with my face powder. Hope that helps :)

Also if your looking for a highlighter or if anyone is curious to see what Becca champagne pop looks like on our skin tone.then here's a pic :)[ATTACHMENT=1199]image.jpg (113k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

megzjada

I'm wearing my mac nc50 SFF today...really like it, but nothing beats ELDW in Sandalwood, will say that over again.
Elizabeth Arden in Spice is fantastic a nice satin finish, luminous, Love it that you can still see my skin, but better...lol.
I will be purchasing Bobbi Brown skin Foundation, so excited, had to share this. Its R495 in South Africa...that's allot but its worth every dime.
Mac Matcmaster I'm not sure i want to purchase, so many mixed reviews...And I was very tempted, but we shall see, maybe i'll get some samples.

Latest posts