The NC50 Thread

I'm wearing my mac nc50 SFF today...really like it, but nothing beats ELDW in Sandalwood, will say that over again. Elizabeth Arden in Spice is fantastic a nice satin finish, luminous, Love it that you can still see my skin, but better...lol. I will be purchasing Bobbi Brown skin Foundation, so excited, had to share this. Its R495 in South Africa...that's allot but its worth every dime. Mac Matcmaster I'm not sure i want to purchase, so many mixed reviews...And I was very tempted, but we shall see, maybe i'll get some samples.
Is sandalwood lighter than nc50?

megzjada

I really do not know, i think its more or less the same, just feels different on the skin...Sandalwood DW IS lighter in TEXTURE, consistency is not as thick. And its matte, no shine at all, i personally think it looks better than nc50...

megzjada

Hopefully we have Bobbi brown, Benefit, mac, Iman, Black Opal, and many more...there were rumours, but....wait and see...

megzjada

So all the other cosmetic houses will follow...im sure, and those brands i mentioned are doing really well here...Revlon is killing it, with the biggest market share...and many shades...bronce, spice cinnamon, toffee, carob, Hazlenut...List goes on. Bobbi brown, Benefit, mac, Iman, Black Opal are really doing well too, Estee Lauder as well as elizabeth arden, maybelline, drug store brands we have most of them...YSL, Gio...its here...

megzjada

70803e6b_20150912_152406.jpeg
So that's me, with the Avon nutmeg bright start foundation, one layer, and just eye shadow, no lippie. The foundation is more of a tinted moisturiser though.

sagehen

What shade in Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra is a great match for NC50? I've seen conflicting choices of 470C Suede and 500W Suede
I really like 470C. 500W looks almost too yellow. Definitely "off" on my complexion. It sucks because only a few retailers stock 470C. Everybody tries to foist off 500W.

Yazmin

I don't have Teint Idole Ultra, but I do have Teint Miracle, in which I wear Suede 2(W). Not sure if that helps to identify what your TIU shade would be.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I really like 470C. 500W looks almost too yellow. Definitely "off" on my complexion. It sucks because only a few retailers stock 470C. Everybody tries to foist off 500W.
We are definitely on the same page foundation shade wise. I dragged myself to a Sephora to compare the 2 shades and you were right; something about the undertone in 500w makes it slightly off on my skin tone. There's definitely yellow in there but like you said, perhaps a bit much... It almost looked like there was a slight yellow green base, which is a similar issue I had with the 500w in Nude Miracle. 470c blends in just fine and isn't too light-- it's actually SLIGHTLY darker than MUFE Mat Velvet in 57 which is another great match for me.

sagehen

We are definitely on the same page foundation shade wise. I dragged myself to a Sephora to compare the 2 shades and you were right; something about the undertone in 500w makes it slightly off on my skin tone. There's definitely yellow in there but like you said, perhaps a bit much... It almost looked like there was a slight yellow green base, which is a similar issue I had with the 500w in Nude Miracle. 470c blends in just fine and isn't too light-- it's actually SLIGHTLY darker than MUFE Mat Velvet in 57 which is another great match for me.
Oh yes we are because I really like MUFE Mat Velvet in 57. So glad for those shade extensions because I had no match before. I'm glad you found a shade in the Lancome.

megzjada

I've been reading a lot of threads, and Revlon colourstay caramel is not equivalent to mac nc 50. Spice, is probably a close match and Revlon photoready in n cappuccino or even bronze. Im replying to no one in particular.

nyjaaa

Hi you guys, not sure if this thread was even still relevant, but I wanted to put my input in. I am an nc50 in many shades but in some that is too dark, but an nc45 is too light and the nw shades are too dark. I have a yellow undertone. I use revlon colorstay combination oily and I love it. Though sometimes it makes me appear ashy, it is not a year round foundation, It is also not full coverage. I am thinking of trying the nars matte foundation. What would my color be?

sagehen

Hi you guys, not sure if this thread was even still relevant, but I wanted to put my input in. I am an nc50 in many shades but in some that is too dark, but an nc45 is too light and the nw shades are too dark. I have a yellow undertone. I use revlon colorstay combination oily and I love it. Though sometimes it makes me appear ashy, it is not a year round foundation, It is also not full coverage. I am thinking of trying the nars matte foundation. What would my color be?
In this thread there is a lot of discussion of NARS shades. You could be Macao or New Guinea and maybe a different shade in different formulations. Sorry not to be definitive but read through and check it out. Some ladies have posted photos so maybe you can get an idea from their photos/discussion. And welcome to Specktra!

sagehen

I concur. I'm NC50 in mac, but I'm New Guinea in Nars. Macao is a bit too yellow for me. 
Thank you for saying what you wear - I forgot to do that lol. Today I am wearing New Orleans (I find New Guinea a little too red on me) and in a few weeks when I completely lose my vacation color I will be back to Macao. I would also like to publicly, once again, mourn the loss of Sheer Matte Foundation **pours out a little liquor**.

Kisha

Thank you for saying what you wear - I forgot to do that lol. Today I am wearing New Orleans (I find New Guinea a little too red on me) and in a few weeks when I completely lose my vacation color I will be back to Macao. I would also like to publicly, once again, mourn the loss of Sheer Matte Foundation **pours out a little liquor**.
lol! You're welcome. Too bad you don't wear New Guinea. I have a like new bottle (used twice). My preference is sheer glow or the cream foundation.

sagehen

lol! You're welcome. Too bad you don't wear New Guinea. I have a like new bottle (used twice). My preference is sheer glow or the cream foundation.
I have a bottle sitting around too lol. I bought some of the MUFE Chromatic Mix drops in yellow to see if I can correct it (and any other of a number of too-red foundations).

Latest posts