The Originals - What is on your wishlist for this collection?

melliquor

All Girl piggie
Coco Beach piggie
Pleasureflush MSF
Stereo Rose MSF
Lucky Green e/s
Shimmertime piggie
Belle Azure e/s
De Menthe (is that right)
Deckchair piggie

SMMY

I think at some point MAC is going to bring Stereo Rose or Pleasureflush back, judging by their re-release of Moth Brown and Parrot. It's just a matter of when. There is such a demand for those two items.

I also can't wait to see the prices for Parrot drop on eBay when the official announcement comes out that it is being re-released. Take that eBay gougers!

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I have Petticoat and while it's pretty, it's not my favorite MSF.

Ditto, I traded mine for a Stereo Rose.

panda0410

Full sized Forest Green pigment is probably my only major wish right now, though I am not sure that will happen as its with the minis in the holiday stuff. Other than that maybe a few MSF - Pleasureflush or Petticoat would be nice, and maybe Curiositease lippie - now that would make my day!

Turbokittykat

Haze e/s
Pretty Twisted e/s
Glitz e/s
Twillery e/s
Brass, Bronze and Copper (frost) pigments
Magic Spell lipglass (in a formula that doesn't go rancid in 5 minutes flat)

Edited to add:

Rizzo lipstick

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I think at some point MAC is going to bring Stereo Rose or Pleasureflush back, judging by their re-release of Moth Brown and Parrot. It's just a matter of when. There is such a demand for those two items.

Not necessarily. Sadly Moth Brown and Parrot are amongst the few exceptions. There are lots of products, some of which are much harder to find and go for much more money than those two, which MAC have not re-released.

For example:

Haze, Clone, Glitz and Pretty Twisted eye shadows
Brass, Bronze and Copper frost pigments
Purple, Green, Auburn and Mustard matte pigments
Turquoise Matte pigment
There are *loads*

And that's without considering some of the special releases such as Judy Blue e/s, Ghetto for Tsubi lipglass and Angry Inch lipglass.

Shimmer

I would hope for Lucky Green, Guacamole, Stereo Rose, Pleasureflush, and Strawberry Blond.
smiles.gif

SMMY

I think though that some of those listed are older products, which I would think MAC has discontinued in favor of newer formulations (the metal pigments for example). I would imagine MAC is much more likely to bring back more recent limited edition items that were very popular when introduced, such as Moth Brown and Parrot were.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
Not necessarily. Sadly Moth Brown and Parrot are amongst the few exceptions. There are lots of products, some of which are much harder to find and go for much more money than those two, which MAC have not re-released.

For example:

Haze, Clone, Glitz and Pretty Twisted eye shadows
Brass, Bronze and Cooper frost pigments
Purple, Green, Auburn and Mustard matte pigments
Turquoise Matte pigment
There are *loads*

And that's without considering some of the special releases such as Judy Blue e/s, Ghetto for Tsubi lipglass and Angry Inch lipglass.

I disagree, partially. I think there is a good chance that Stereo Rose will be re-released and even a chance for Pleasureflush because SO many consumers want them. MAC realizes the opportunity to cash in on the mass appeal and demand for some of these. They have a broader appeal than the matte pigments and metal pigments, for example. I think those items appeal more to hardcore MAC consumers, most of whom are collectors.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I disagree, partially. I think there is a good chance that Stereo Rose will be re-released and even a chance for Pleasureflush because SO many consumers want them. MAC realizes the opportunity to cash in on the mass appeal and demand for some of these. They have a broader appeal than the matte pigments and metal pigments, for example. I think those items appeal more to hardcore MAC consumers, most of whom are collectors.

Pleasureflush did not sell well, in general, when it was first released. It's only recently that it has been hyped up and (nearly) every woman and her cat wants it.

I think it's more likely that MAC will repromote items that sold well from the beginning. However, the fact remains, though, that MAC regard themselves as a cutting edge, fashion brand and they want to be seen to be bringing out new and different products, (or at least products with different names, hoping we will *think* they are different!), in line with that image. That's their excuse for so many short-lived, LE collections and it would be difficult to reconcile frequent repromotes of older colours with that strategy.

mellimello

Green, Mustard & Maroon pigment
Flash of Flesh l/g
Icebox & Clone e/s

I've been in a MAC draught lately, so I bet this will snap me out of it haha

SMMY

But I think even MAC gets that there is a pent up demand for a given item, which is why they have re-released Moth Brown and now Parrot again. Heck, think how many times certain limited editions have shown up in quads (cough: Showstopper and Rondelle). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see any of the above mentioned MSFs show up again. MAC likes to be original, sure, but even they can see a golden opportunity to make some sales and bring customers into the stores.
winks.gif

Latest posts