The Purge

Twinkle_Twinkle

When I saw Urban Decay Lounge I freaked out for a second. Then I realized you meant the blush not the newly released eyeshadow.
LOL - No! That shadow is so purty! I wore it the day I got it with Club and another MAC eyeshadow that I can't be bothered to find the name of. It's jazzy but totally everyday wearable with the right color pairing which was a pleasant surprise for me.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Had a little purge of my own last night. I tossed several eyeshadows, a couple of lip butters, a couple of eyeliner pencils, and a lipgloss. I also depotted a shadow from my UD Smoked Palette (minor disaster there). Main goal is to depot the ones I want to keep and toss the rest, but... hrm...

DILLIGAF

Had a little purge of my own last night. I tossed several eyeshadows, a couple of lip butters, a couple of eyeliner pencils, and a lipgloss. I also depotted a shadow from my UD Smoked Palette (minor disaster there). Main goal is to depot the ones I want to keep and toss the rest, but... hrm...
While I loved the way they felt on my lips I eventually got rid of all of my Revlon lip butters. They are a very very soft product and in the Miami heat it just wasn't that user friendly for me. I used to keep one in my pocket at work and one in my purse and one in the car. Two of them died disastrous deaths. Maybe I will try again in Georgia. In winter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I B2MAC'd some of my purge items including the three McQueen Paint Pots and the now d/c'd Liquidlast Liners and the MUA's lost it. They were calling each other over to the register like I'd brought in lost treasure. It was great, lol.

DILLIGAF

I B2MAC'd some of my purge items including the three McQueen Paint Pots and the now d/c'd Liquidlast Liners and the MUA's lost it. They were calling each other over to the register like I'd brought in lost treasure. It was great, lol.
Girl I still have one of those in my stash.

Twinkle_Twinkle

It was time for another purge, perfectly aligned with the change of seasons. This time around I purged:

- The last of my Milani Baked eyeshadow stash
- All of my Stila Smokey eye palettes
- A Stila blush and the Convertible Color Bronzing Duo
- A Stila quad of shadows and a trio of shadows
- All of my L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow Duos (16 in total, I think)
- Smashbox Eye Illusion Quad
- An eyeshadow from The Body Shop and a few Looxie Beauty eyeshadows
- A repressed Looxie Beaity highlighter and repressed Bitter Lace highlighter (I was sent replacements)
- A CARGO mini blush
- A couple of Hard Candy quads
- All of my Wet n Wild palettes
- Prescriptives Pressed Powder Leaves (a subtle finishing powder)
- 11 MAC MES'
- 3 MAC old school Pressed Highlighting Powders

And a tossed a few lip glosses and the Prescriptives *magic Cream in Deep. I was able to free up and entire drawer in one of my IKEA towers.

I shutter when I think about the hundreds of dollars of products I have given away (or tossed) in the last however many years. It could easily fill 4 train cases and then some. As someone previously said, the money is long gone (and I realize that I'm actively using things that were purchased within the last three years) but it makes me reaccess my spending habits and trends. I don't have a ton of lip products and I want to keep it that way. For the most part I am done with blushes however there are some NARS blushes that I want but I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need 2 of the 4 because do [some] blushes really look THAT different once their on your cheeks? Example: I bought NARS Almeria (from ACW so I can't return it) against my better judgement and I'm kind of sad that it's not that different from Dolce Vita... I'm definitely done with highlighters unless its a Becca LE or Bobbi Brown LE Shimmerbrick. I'm done with ColourPop for a long long while; I've got what I need, some of what I don't (trying to meet shipping minimums) and I'm just good on that. And my eye shadow game really just revolves around Urban Decay and a few other things here and there. I refuse to dive into the rabbit hole that are MUFE and INGLOT shadows. I've been really good about keeping my basic face products to a minimum (not too many foundations, one concealer, etc). I've deleted some Sephora "loves" but I still need to do more to reel it in.

DILLIGAF

I am finally putting together my vanity after all this time. I will be listing everything that gets the boot. I honestly can't find some products already. I don't know if they were lost during the move or my mom and sister got their hands on them. LOL!

Jayjayy

I keep a bin of purged items near my makeup stash. It's nearly full, so I'm going to let my cousin go through it. I take a good look at my collection and ruthlessly purge items at least once every other month. I don't discriminate against price. It's mostly stuff I dislike and/or very rarely feel the urge to use. I'm also trying to wear my new items right away so I can test them, and return if necessary. I've accumulated so much that I can't wear what I really love without neglecting something else. A few of the items I'm getting rid of: LA Girl Glazed Lip paint in Pin Up and Daring Ulta matte lip cream in Striking Sephora Craig & Karl lipstick in West End Swirl Flower Beauty lip lacquer in Autumn Rose Ulta brand liquid lipsticks (set of 3) Maybelline matte lipstick in All Fired Up &Nude Nuance YSL rouge volupte sheer Tony Moly lip master (purply-red color stain) ELF Moistiruzing lipstick in Bordeau Beauty Tarte smooth operator finishing powder ELF Healthy Glow Bronzer Sun Kissed Lorac Unzipped Palette Too Faced chocolate bar palette Neutrogena cleansing oil Clinique chubby stick in pudgy peony Psssst can of dry shampoo Pacifica gloss in nudist Every colourpop matte lippie stick I bought (4-5) Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 510 Suede Soooo much wasted money!!! This thread is making me disgusted with myself LOL

Jayjayy

That's pretty awesome that you can put makeup on the burb like an old couch
girlhaha.gif
. I need to remove the items from my room faster, so I'm not tempted to add things back into my collection! The Too Faced Chocolate Bar & Lorac Unzipped palettes were the hardest...but I just don't enjoy using them. I'll have to look into donating gently used items somewhere.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I haven't personally done this/witnessed it but my friend left an elf palette on the curb and someone took it.
That's pretty awesome that you can put makeup on the burb like an old couch :haha: . I need to remove the items from my room faster, so I'm not tempted to add things back into my collection! The Too Faced Chocolate Bar & Lorac Unzipped palettes were the hardest...but I just don't enjoy using them. I'll have to look into donating gently used items somewhere.

stephshopaholic

I chucked a bunch of dried up nail polishes the other day a few were fairly new and I hadn't even used them yet so I have no idea how they dried out, lame. I also got rid of s bunch of lipsticks, eye shadows and a foundation I didn't need, my sister takes all of my makeup castaways lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I added my MAC Prolongwear Powder to my B2M pile. I lost the receipt so I was stuck with and I have tried everything to make it work and I just can't get down with it. I'm starting to loose my faith in MAC base products. My Prolongwear Liquid, which I used to love, couldn't hold up in the summer heat so I switched to a combo of MUFE Face & Body with Cover FX Drops with much success. I really want to finish the bottle of Prolongwear though (just because it's starting to get up there in age, and I thought I would repurchase it anyway) but when I tried it on the other day it felt sticky and I could just feel the foundation sitting on my face. I've never liked the texture of it, so I just dealt with it but feeling it weighting down on my face was just too much. I'll give it a couple of more tries before I make a final decision. It definitely makes me reconsider wanting to try the Prolongwear Compact or Studio Tech (I like to use cream foundations in the cooler months). Maybe I'll just stick with my NARS... Sorry that got a little off topic. The point is I purged another item, well three actually. I added that Lime Crime palette to the bunch (I figured it wasn't worth keeping) and threw another Hard Candy palette into the giveaway bag. And I decided to return a couple of items to Sephora, so I guess that counts as purging as well.

VAL4M

I finally decide to give my Thierry Mugler Angel les cuirs perfume ... I hate Angel and I thought les cuirs will be more tolerable but it is not. I was thinking of swapping it but I talk to my Aunt yesterday and told me she really love Angel perfume but couldn't afford a bottle right now, so I offer mine. Also will trash my Burberry Brit Gold perfume it turned on me it is a shame it was a special edition and no longer in sale even on Ebay and Amazon. it had such a great sandalwood dry down ... it was my signature perfume for a while so much so that only a quarter was left in my 3oz bottle.

DILLIGAF

I finally decide to give my Thierry Mugler Angel les cuirs perfume ... I hate Angel and I thought les cuirs will be more tolerable but it is not. I was thinking of swapping it but I talk to my Aunt yesterday and told me she really love Angel perfume but couldn't afford a bottle right now, so I offer mine. Also will trash my Burberry Brit Gold perfume it turned on me it is a shame it was a special edition and no longer in sale even on Ebay and Amazon. it had such a great sandalwood dry down ... it was my signature perfume for a while so much so that only a quarter was left in my 3oz bottle.
I've not considered purging my fragrances. I will go through my small stash and see who would love some of my more neglected ones more than me.

VAL4M

I've not considered purging my fragrances. I will go through my small stash and see who would love some of my more neglected ones more than me.
I have to say I do have more perfume then some and less then other LOL I prefer finishing bottles, I have 34 now (with Angel gone and Burberry Brit Gold) but there was no way I would have finished Angel I just couldn't handle the scent and one spray was too much. But I can easily finish a 30ml (1oz) in 3 to 4 months, my only problem now is that I have a lots of sample (damn you Luckyscent) and they are not coming into spray so I have a harder time finishing them as I put less when I just dab scent on me.

SandraVB79

My inventory list currently counts 43 perfumes (and 233 nail polises) but I am not yet ready to part with them yet. However, I think it's time to purge some older drugstore makeup. No need in keeping cheapo items I never use when I hardly have enough space to keep my expensive items.

Latest posts