Theme Makeup with a Purpose

meka72

what is PIH? and Surratt, I haven't heard of that, did you like it?   Why don't you use mascara?   I was just looking at Fanny, she's sooo pretty!!  I can't wait to try that Stila liner!!!  
Hey PP! PIH is post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. It is much easier to type than "dark spots." lol. I'm usually on my iPad and hate typing on this thing. Tony Surratt is a cosmetic line available at Barney's. I read about it somewhere and ordered it after reading a couple of reviews on it. I really like the setting powder although the packaging is interesting. You buy the compact and then buy refills so that helps with waste. There's a blush that I'd like to order but get sidetracked by other easily accessible goodies. I usually do my eyeliner about 5" before I leave the house. Unfortunately, mascara falls by the wayside. But I did wear mascara today! Are you ready for smokey eye week? I've been practicing and don't quite know how the week will work out. If there's a way to screw it up, I'll do it.

Medgal07

Are you ready for smokey eye week? I've been practicing and don't quite know how the week will work out. If there's a way to screw it up, I'll do it.
nonono.gif
Now, now Miss Meka---you're way too hard on yourself. I tried one look today---the natural Smokey Eye--check out the video of the same name. IT's super easy and conservative-work-environment friendly, if you use a black liner sparingly OR use a brown liner pencil which will totally soften the look.

Dolly Snow

Hey PP! PIH is post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. It is much easier to type than "dark spots." lol. I'm usually on my iPad and hate typing on this thing. Tony Surratt is a cosmetic line available at Barney's. I read about it somewhere and ordered it after reading a couple of reviews on it. I really like the setting powder although the packaging is interesting. You buy the compact and then buy refills so that helps with waste. There's a blush that I'd like to order but get sidetracked by other easily accessible goodies. I usually do my eyeliner about 5" before I leave the house. Unfortunately, mascara falls by the wayside. But I did wear mascara today! Are you ready for smokey eye week? I've been practicing and don't quite know how the week will work out. If there's a way to screw it up, I'll do it.
Babe take your time and breath. It'll look fantastic. No one is going to criticize your work babe. :)

Anneri

I had a bit of a FOTD fail today - I was running super late and had to throw on the easiest thing there was, because I was seriously running out of time. So I just threw a bit of Superwatt on, lined that with my trusty EL liner, and put a bit of Berry Cheekpop Blush (Clinique) on and TF Indian Rose. Berry and Indian Rose and Superwatt didn't go along that well - the mix of warm and cold colours - so I put a bit of Legendary blush over Berry in the last minute and looked pretty decent.

But this afternoon I managed to put something on my nails that's at the same time pink and Halloween - will post a pic tomorrow when there's light again. (That's the thing I hate during winter and autumn - why does it has to be dark so early?!)

Medgal07

I had a bit of a FOTD fail today - I was running super late and had to throw on the easiest thing there was, because I was seriously running out of time. So I just threw a bit of Superwatt on, lined that with my trusty EL liner, and put a bit of Berry Cheekpop Blush (Clinique) on and TF Indian Rose. Berry and Indian Rose and Superwatt didn't go along that well - the mix of warm and cold colours - so I put a bit of Legendary blush over Berry in the last minute and looked pretty decent.

But this afternoon I managed to put something on my nails that's at the same time pink and Halloween - will post a pic tomorrow when there's light again. (That's the thing I hate during winter and autumn - why does it has to be dark so early?!)
I've had those days too Anneri. It's funny how the cheeks or lips can make all the difference. I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween mani!!!
​ I just rearranged my room so my makeup center is away from the heat and closer to a window for more natural light, and I have to make sure I put on my
makeup early enough to make good use of it.

sagehen

Dropping in for a quick BCAM face (as an aside, nails are polished Essie Tour De Finance, with an accent nail of OPI black satin topped with Essie Belugaria (love the pink hex glitter)): Face: ELDW, Rich Ginger, 6W1 NYX HD concealer, 08 (Chestnut?) silica powder to set under eyes EL Double Matte powder, Deep, all over MAC blush, Her Blooming Cheek Eyes: UD Naked2 palette, silvery taupe eyes (I know it was pistol on the lids, and that's all I remember) Pixi Black Black liner, top lash line Rimmel liner, Sparkle Blue on bottom lash line (go KC Royals!) Maybelline One by One mascara, Very Black LIPS: MAC lipstick, Glam

sagehen

I don't want to admit this in another thread, but...ummm, I may have bought a GANG of eyeshadow palettes this week with all these 20% off sales going on. Y'all, I have a problem. I am done for the year (if we are being real, for LIFE!). I just got a BU of All My Purple Life lipglass...I need to work this into our smokey eye week. Is it wrong that I have pulled e/s palettes for this?

Medgal07

I just got a BU of All My Purple Life lipglass...I need to work this into our smokey eye week. Is it wrong that I have pulled e/s palettes for this?
Not at all Sage----I have too! Go back a few pages and you'll see that I listed some palettes and showed a pic of my new Chanel palette that I will definitely
use for a Smokey Eye look. I have a cart full of stuff at Sephora, I just got about 5 or more new lipsticks, nail polish----on and on. I need to stop the haulage
train too!!! But it's way too much fun!!!

Which palettes did you buy and which did you pull for Smokey Eye Week? It starts Saturday you know.
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

I didn't wear makeup today. I did a couple of masks & exfoliation-----must take care of my skin----- but I am proudly wearing my pink BCA lapel pin!!!

sagehen

[COLOR=EE82EE]Not at all Sage----I have too!  Go back a few pages and you'll see that I listed some palettes and showed a pic of my new Chanel palette that I will definitely[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  use for a Smokey Eye look.  [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]I have a cart full of stuff at Sephora, I just got about 5 or more new lipsticks, nail polish----on and on.  I need to stop the haulage[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  train too!!!  But it's way too much fun!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  Which palettes did you buy and which did you pull for Smokey Eye Week?   It starts Saturday you know.  [/COLOR] :happydance:
I bought: Viseart Neutral Mattes Stila Eyes Are the Window palettes in Mind, Soul Bobbi Brown Cool Eye Palette (it appears very warm despite the name - we shall see) Urban Decay Smoked (mad because I just realized how many shades in this palate I already have - I may gift this) UD Pulp Fiction Stila In the Moment (I wanted the pencil, but the palette was marked down to the same price) I am pulling: NYX Smokey eye 9-pan combo palette NYX Love in Paris 9-pan, in A La Mode NYX Winter in Moscow for a green smokey eye MAC Gentle Fume quad I will use some UD eyeshadows, because I like to use Oil Slick (I will be heavy with the primer on that day)

Medgal07

I will use some UD eyeshadows, because I like to use Oil Slick (I will be heavy with the primer on that day)
Okay so I looked up your new palettes individually. That Stila palette has a burgundy e/s that is so gorgeous!!!! That BB CEP is really very nice
eyelove.gif
I saw
some looks created with the Urban Decay palette and wowza----you might want to rethink giving it away! UD Pulp Fiction is really nice too---and what a
mark down at Sephora, just like Stila in the Moment--GREAT buys Sage!!

You pulled good stuff. We might need to have two weeks of Smokey Eyes!!!!!

sagehen

[COLOR=EE82EE]Okay so I looked up your new palettes individually.  That Stila palette has a burgundy e/s that is so gorgeous!!!!  That BB CEP is really very nice[/COLOR]:eyelove:  [COLOR=EE82EE]I saw[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   some looks created with the [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]Urban Decay palette and wowza----you might want to rethink giving it away!  UD Pulp Fiction is really nice too---and what a[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   mark down at Sephora, just like Stila in the Moment--[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]GREAT buys Sage!![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   You pulled good stuff.  We might need to have two weeks of Smokey Eyes!!!!! [/COLOR]
I would not be averse to 2 weeks. That's just me though...

Dolly Snow

:haha: [COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]I have when life gets in the way of my makeup efforts---it happens though.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=EE82EE]I've had those days too Anneri.  It's funny how the cheeks or lips can make all the difference.   I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween mani!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]​   I just rearranged my room so my makeup center is away from the heat and closer to a window for more natural light, and I have to make sure I put on my[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   makeup early enough to [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]make good use of it.[/COLOR]
I ended up busy till just now and now I am tired lol

Medgal07

I ended up busy till just now and now I am tired lol
That should have read, "I hate". Anyway, today's weather was as bazaar as ever and just s good day for me to get a few things dome around the house! Oh
and my nails are painted pink---that counts too.
girlhaha.gif

Anneri

I tried a pink-brown smokey eye today, like this one by Karen:
8f5d8330_image.jpeg
I used my beloved Cool Eyes palette from the Red She Said with some browns (Hustle and Smog) from the Naked 1. I did a winged liner (again!) with Blitz&Glitz, did my usual face with Chanel Horizon blush and Perfect Topping to highlight. Lipstick was Clinique Whopping Watermelon. I haven't used this for ages, so it was really nice to discover it again. And here're my nails!
c1f210aa_image.jpeg