http://www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us/learn/how-to/smoky-contrast-eye-makeup

http://www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us/learn/how

Medgal07

Two weeks! Two weeks! Two weeks!!!

Yes Sage what did you get!!!!

Found some cool tips from MUFE

http://www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us/learn/how-to/smoky-contrast-eye-makeup

http://www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us/learn/how
Oh nice links pretty. Thanks!!! I think we might need a second week of Smokey Eyes to have time try these things!!!

Medgal07

Smokey Eye Look Day 3 (Natural Smokey Eye)

EYES:
MAC Eclair PP to lids
Tom Ford Nude Dip E/S Palette (http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-nude-dip-eye-color-quad-review-photos-swatches)
Medium Dark Taupe to lids, over Eclair
Warm Dark Brown from crease to just below transition area & to lower lash line
Rosy Copper to transition area & to blend entire lid
Champagne Ivory to highlight brow & inner corners
MAC Feline to upper lash-line & lower lid, then smoked out

FACE:
Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow beauty flash primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet Foundation
MAC P & PBright Forecast Highlighter in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
MAC ProSculpting Cream,Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ MAC Earthshine MSF
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Pressed, Rose Gold (Pinkish Gold) to Highlight Facial High Planes
Tom Ford Ravish Blush (Rosy Tan)
Chanel Les Beiges 30 powder as overall face powder
Guerlain Météorites, Guerlain Perles d' Etoiles - (Med Beige w/Golden Shimmer) over Les Beiges
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:

Chanel Rouge Profound lipliner (red)
Guerlain Rouge Parade lipstick (Warm True Red)

NAILS: Chanel Phoenix (Orange-red) 687

sagehen

OK, the internet ate my last response, so here goes again: @Prettypackages: The first link you posted is precisely what I have on today. My colors are antique gold in the center, blackened navy all around. Red lips too - YASS! I hauled the following from Sephora/Ulta UD Smoked Palette (this is the one I may gift - several dupes) UD Pulp Fiction Palette Stila Eyes Are the Window Palettes in Spirit and Mind (Mind is the all-matte one) Viseart Matte Neutrals Palette (I will be buying the Sultry Muse palette when it is back in stock) Bobbi Brown Cool Eye Palette Sephora Slim Eye Brush Set Sephora Classic Uniform Powder Brush Stila In The Moment Palette Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara, black and grey Sephora Nano eyeliner pencils, Gris Gris, Black Lace, Sapphire, Blue Jeans, Coffee Sephgora Longwear Eyeliner in some blue shade Sephora Pro Visionary Crease Brush (it was on the clearance rack for $7!) Sephora eye palettes, the round ones, matte and neutral (I cannot recall their names - clearance for $6.99) Becca Blotting Powder, Tinted OCC Lip/Nail Sets in Grandma, NSFW I had a good time...I am spent lol (I will be finding the energy to buy at the VIB sale, though - I RSVP'd for the event tomorrow night)

Medgal07

I had a good time...I am spent lol (I will be finding the energy to buy at the VIB sale, though - I RSVP'd for the event tomorrow night)
Holy cow! What a haul!!!!! Enjoy every bit of it Sage. I can't bring myself to go to the event, but I will take part in the VIBR sale---I need skin care items.

Prettypackages

Oh nice links pretty. Thanks!!! I think we might need a second week of Smokey Eyes to have time try these things!!!
Then it is settled.

I did my smokey look based on the Brooke Sheild's palette. Doesnt look much different than what I normally do. So obvisouly I'm missing something.

I have on Physche (green/olive color) on the lid and saddle in the crease. I used a green liner (water Willow) for the bottom.
Laura Mercier high coverage concealer in 5. Too light for the moment.
Nars new powder in Tahoe. This is very powdery.
YSL Fusion Ink b65. It's looking ashy, but last week it looked fine. I'm inbtwn colors again and frustrated by that. LOL
Restrained lipstick.
Desert Rose blush, using this till I get Nars Amour to replace it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

OK, the internet ate my last response, so here goes again:

@Prettypackages: The first link you posted is precisely what I have on today. My colors are antique gold in the center, blackened navy all around. Red lips too - YASS!

I hauled the following from Sephora/Ulta

UD Smoked Palette (this is the one I may gift - several dupes)
UD Pulp Fiction Palette
Stila Eyes Are the Window Palettes in Spirit and Mind (Mind is the all-matte one)
Viseart Matte Neutrals Palette (I will be buying the Sultry Muse palette when it is back in stock)
Bobbi Brown Cool Eye Palette

Sephora Slim Eye Brush Set
Sephora Classic Uniform Powder Brush
Stila In The Moment Palette
Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara, black and grey
Sephora Nano eyeliner pencils, Gris Gris, Black Lace, Sapphire, Blue Jeans, Coffee
Sephgora Longwear Eyeliner in some blue shade
Sephora Pro Visionary Crease Brush (it was on the clearance rack for $7!)
Sephora eye palettes, the round ones, matte and neutral (I cannot recall their names - clearance for $6.99)
Becca Blotting Powder, Tinted
OCC Lip/Nail Sets in Grandma, NSFW

I had a good time...I am spent lol (I will be finding the energy to buy at the VIB sale, though - I RSVP'd for the event tomorrow night)
Very nice haul...
I've been looking at Grandma.

I can't wait to hear about those palettes.
LOL @ some blue shade.

I have you checked out the IT brushes at Ulta. I was sick all weekend, but thought about getting some during that sale. Oh well, next time. They are so freakin' soft.

I'm also thinking about getting the Sephora Smokey crease brush.

Does anyone have any experience with Becca concealers. *desperate ashy girl*

I want to try those MUFE looks. I'm going to practice tonite. Was the one you did hard?

Medgal07

Then it is settled.

I did my smokey look based on the Brooke Sheild's palette. Doesnt look much different than what I normally do. So obvisouly I'm missing something.

I have on Physche (green/olive color) on the lid and saddle in the crease. I used a green liner (water Willow) for the bottom.
Laura Mercier high coverage concealer in 5. Too light for the moment.
Nars new powder in Tahoe. This is very powdery.
YSL Fusion Ink b65. It's looking ashy, but last week it looked fine. I'm inbtwn colors again and frustrated by that. LOL
Restrained lipstick.
Desert Rose blush, using this till I get Nars Amour to replace it.
Very nice haul...
I've been looking at Grandma.

I can't wait to hear about those palettes.
LOL @ some blue shade.

I have you checked out the IT brushes at Ulta. I was sick all weekend, but thought about getting some during that sale. Oh well, next time. They are so freakin' soft.

I'm also thinking about getting the Sephora Smokey crease brush.

Does anyone have any experience with Becca concealers. *desperate ashy girl*

I want to try those MUFE looks. I'm going to practice tonite. Was the one you did hard?
Alrighty then---Two Weeks of Smokey Eye Looks everyone. I like that better and feel less pressured. I see you used olive green Pretty.
I have such a thing for olive green eyeshadow. Long ago before I developed my obsession with makeup I can remember wearing it every day. Your look sounds
pretty, Pretty!!!

Medgal07

Oh. BTW Pretty, after looking at the pics and swatches of Chanel Harmonie and Dior Trafalgar, did you decide if your getting it???

meka72

@Sage, you weren't playing, huh? Lol. Please let me know how you like the new Stila palettes. I know one of them caught my eye when they first came out, probably the neutral-ish palette. I'm sure that I got distracted by something else and it fell off my radar. @PP, thanks for posting the links to MUFE smokey eye tutorials. Now that I "think" that I know what I'm doing, I'm sure that the smokey eye will be my go to look. So I also vote for 2 weeks for the smokey eye! @Medgal, thanks for posting the link to the lavish palette. I'd intended to repeat yesterday's look but ended up changing things up but still using the lavish palette entirely, today. Speaking of which, this is the smokey eye for today: Lid: Rum Cafe Crease and transition: Sienna Outer v, crease, to line top and bottom lash lines: Black Diamond Browbone: Orange Soda Eyeliner: Nars Via Veneto My base makeup was the same as yesterday per my usual weekly selections. I loved my makeup again today!

sagehen

Umm, @Prettypackages, why are you talking bad about Desert Rose blush, trying to replace it and all? Yay for two weeks of smoke! I saw the IT brushes at Ulta, and they look and feel like dense but fluffy clouds, but there are so many I couldn't decide where to start. Are you pondering some of them? I know if I buy any I will start with face brushes. All these promises of HD airbrushed-ness and all... I will give some impressions of the palettes when I get to play with them. I can already vouch for In the Moment, because I have a couple other palettes from that range and the pigmentation was nice. A MUA used one of those palettes to make a complete face for me and that is what turned me on to stila. My real worries are the Eyes Are the Window palettes. I have and like Soul, and the other two I bought because they complement it well. But I am hearing complaints of poor pigmentation for those two. I have dupes of one or two colors in each palette, so I will compare my existing colors to the shades in these palettes and decide. I can't wait to wear OCC Grandma. I am on a coral kick. I may need to work on a neutral smokey eye to accommodate this.

Prettypackages

Oh. BTW Pretty, after looking at the pics and swatches of Chanel Harmonie and Dior Trafalgar, did you decide if your getting it???
Yeah, I'm tweaking my VIB Sephora list now to see if I can add it. The only color that is really different is that red color. We'll see. LOL
I forgot I wanted the YSL Cuir Fetiche palette, but I think that's only at Nordies now. *need more money*

Thank you again for those swatches.

Medgal07

Yeah, I'm tweaking my VIB Sephora list now to see if I can add it. The only color that is really different is that red color. We'll see. LOL
I forgot I wanted the YSL Cuir Fetiche palette, but I think that's only at Nordies now. *need more money*

Thank you again for those swatches.
friends.gif
That red e/s in Trafalgar is VERY pigmented. That surprised me but I do love the palette.

I think the YSL Fétiche palette is my absolute favorite for constructing smokey eyes. I haven't seen it at
Nordics online in a while now, but maybe they're still available in-store.

Medgal07

Smokey Eye Look Day 4 (Burgundy Smokey Eye)

EYES:
MAC Hyperviolet PP to lids
MAC Shadowy Lady (blackened plum) to lids, over Hyperviolet
MAC Hidden Motive (deep aubergine) from crease to just below transition area & to lower lash line, smoked out
MAC Rice Paper to highlight brow & inner corners
MAC Feline to upper lash-line, smoked out

FACE:
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet Foundation
MAC P & PBright Forecast Highlighter in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
MAC ProSculpting Cream,Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ MAC ProSculpting Powder, Shadowy
Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee, Crystal Baby (pale white-pink) to Highlight Facial High Planes
Chanel JC Blush, Accent (Rosy Brown)
Guerlain Météorites, Guerlain Perles d' Etoiles - (Med Beige w/Golden Shimmer) over Les Beiges

LIPS:

Chanel Rouge Noir lipliner (burgundy)
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet L’ Impatienté Matte (Deep Plum)

NAILS: Chanel Rouge Noir(deep burgundy) 18

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm late to the smoky eye party. I was sick with a stomach bug, so I didn't wear any makeup Sunday or Monday, but I have done a couple of smoky-ish looks in the last couple of days. I'm playing around with my definition of smoky to include some different colours.

Look #1- Metallic/ Gold and Silver

Eyes ::
Armani EtK shadow #4 "Pulp Fiction" on outer two thirds of the lid (on some people, this looks more taupe, but on me, it's a dirty silver/ pewter shade)
Rouge Bunny Rouge "Golden Rhea" inner angles
Le Metier de Beauté "Axiom" (used to blend the silver and gold shades together)
Le Metier de beauté "Genre" (used to darken the outer corners)
Urban Decay e/l "Zero"
Mac Dazzlelight as brow highlight
Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara

Cheeks ::
Nars Sin blush

Lips ::
Armani Sheer lipstick #614 "Belladonna"

Look #2- Super soft smoky eye

Mac Mothbrown on lower lid
Nars Ashes to Ashes on rest of lid, into the crease
Urban Decay Darkside on outer corners, smudged just to give definition
Urban Decay Underground e/l

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder "Radiant Magenta" (contour)
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish "So Ceylon" (outer part of cheek)
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish "By Candlelight" (apples of cheek)

Lipstick ::
Nars Audacious lipstick "Greta"

Who says you can't wear a bold lip with a smoky eye?

NaomiH

I'm late to the smoky eye party. I was sick with a stomach bug, so I didn't wear any makeup Sunday or Monday, but I have done a couple of smoky-ish looks in the last couple of days. I'm playing around with my definition of smoky to include some different colours.

Armani EtK shadow #4 "Pulp Fiction" on outer two thirds of the lid (on some people, this looks more taupe, but on me, it's a dirty silver/ pewter shade)
Urban Decay e/l "Zero"

Nars Sin blush

Sounds like a pair of lovely looks, Katred! I love a pairing of a bold lip and smokey eye too. :)
Hope you're feeling better now!
heart.gif

Medgal07

Urban Decay e/l "Zero"

Nars Sin blush

Glad you're doing better Katred. Both looks are lovely...I gasped at look #1 because it sounds so pretty---a response that no one in my immediate household could
possibly understand.

Medgal07

Smokey Eye Look Day 5 (Grey Smokey Eye)

EYES:
MAC Blackground PP to lids
MAC Lady Grey (Frosted green-grey) to lids, over Blackground
MAC Cross Cultural (deep grey) from crease to just below transition area & to lower lash line, smoked out
MAC Copper Plate (muted mid-tone grey) to blend
MAC Mylar to highlight brow
Armani Belladonna highlighter to inner corners
MAC Feline to upper lash-line, smoked out

FACE:
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Fluid foundation
MACProSculpting Cream,Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ MAC Lavish Living blush
Armani Belladonna Highlighter to Highlight Facial High Planes
MAC Stratus Blush

LIPS:

MAC Currant lipliner (intense reddish purple)
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense, Elegante (Deep Plum) 149

NAILS: Chanel Rouge Noir(deep burgundy) 18 I love this shade!!!!

aradhana

Urban Decay e/l "Zero"

Nars Sin blush

i love bold lips with smokey eyes. wore just that the past two days. yesterday my lips were fashion revival, and today they started out nylon lip tar, but after i received my order from sephora, they were black metallic dahlia. @sagehen, @meka and @MissTT you ladies were so right about this lip tar! it's smokin!

both of your looks sound pretty. i love the names of the eyeshadows in the first one...they sound so mysterious and sophisticated. how do you like the guerlain mascara?

Latest posts