Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

oh i didn't see that! that's great! i wish they would also bring back those in-between shades of foundation....and make them permanent!!!

that red in trafalgar looks just beautiful!

thanks meka!

i'm glad you are enjoying your smokey makeup looks! the anastasia palette sounds very nice. i'm going to have to check it out. i also have their face palette on my shopping list...have you tried that by any chance? i've seen some youtube tutorials for contouring using that palette.

thanks for the links!
and yay for two weeks!

wow great haul!

why do you want to replace desert rose? it's on my wish list at the moment.

i just wore hyper violet the other day, and i was in shock that i've never worn it before!!! it's soo pretty! love your smokey eggplant eyes!

i love bold lips with smokey eyes. wore just that the past two days. yesterday my lips were fashion revival, and today they started out nylon lip tar, but after i received my order from sephora, they were black metallic dahlia. @sagehen, @meka and @MissTT you ladies were so right about this lip tar! it's smokin!

both of your looks sound pretty. i love the names of the eyeshadows in the first one...they sound so mysterious and sophisticated. how do you like the guerlain mascara?
Yes, Aradhana, the red shade in Trafalgar is off-the-charts pigmented & very pretty!
The Smokey Eye challenge has been a lot of fun and so far, the Smokey Burgundy is my favorite along with SEs & bold lips. I'm glad we're going for two weeks!!

sagehen

I am glad for two weeks too. I need to try a smokey burgundy eye. Y'all, I was bad at the Sephora event. Partial list: Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Palette KvD Esperanza Palette KvD True Love Palette KvD Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in Adora KvD Painted Love Liquid Lipstick in Berlin MUFE e/s box MUFE HD Fdn, 177 MUFE Duo Mat Fdn, 214 Beauty Blender Kit with 2 blenders, one mini and solid cleaner this is all I can remember. How did all that eyeshadow come home with me?!?

Medgal07

Okay so since you confessed Sage, I'll spill too. This is Sephora VIBR & Nordies since they had double points & 9% Ebates cash back:
This is so painful ***hangs head shamefully and types the damage;
Glamglow Supermud
Algenist Anti-aging melting Cleanser
Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer
Boscia, The Black Collection set
Guerlain Meteorites Pearls Medium 03 (because I'm sold on the stardust technology)
Guerlain Rouge G Extract Luxure M27
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Praline 5.5
Chanel (from Plumes Precieuses De Chanel) Rouge Allure Velvet La Flamboyante 337
Chanel Rouge Allure C & S Lip Gloss, Audace 20
Chanel Rouge Allure C & S Lip Gloss, Distinction 21
Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color, Exception 639
Vince Camuto Wrap Front Shirttail Blouse, Black

sagehen

[COLOR=0000FF] Sage you cleaned house!!!!  Great haul!! Did you get the MUFE sale price plus the VIBR discount  that was mentioned in the Sephora thread?[/COLOR]
No because I just got the artist's box (not the 30th anniversary one - I don't recall the name and of course sephora.com is down so I can't look it up) to try out a variety before I started buying singles. I saw that post after I got home, thank goodness. Plus I want to get a set that comes out after Christmas because it includes a brush.

Medgal07

No because I just got the artist's box (not the 30th anniversary one - I don't recall the name and of course sephora.com is down so I can't look it up) to try out a variety before I started buying singles. I saw that post after I got home, thank goodness. Plus I want to get a set that comes out after Christmas because it includes a brush.
Do think maybe they're down to restock for the start of VIB sale & continuation of VIBR?
I'm not looking at Sephora again

Medgal07

I said I wasn't going to look but I did. The site was down, went back up briefly and crashed again, "due to high volume traffic"! What a mess.

meka72

@Sage and @Medgal, no wonder the sephora site went down and the shelves were empty. Lol. I "managed" to pick up a thing or three or five. Lol. Nars eyeshadow primer Laura Mercier mini caviar stick set Dior Cuir Cannage eyeshadow palette Fresh Sweet Nudes lip balm and polish set (for my sister) OCC lip far and nail lacquer set in NSFW Algenist Brightening Mask Algenist Anti-Aging Oil (love this stuff!!!) Tom Ford Velvet Orchid eau de parfum I'm done with eyeshadows for the next 4-6 months. I've bought waaay too much eyeshadow in the last few months that I haven't even tried. Wednesday was the day my smokey eye went wrong. I think that I applied the LM plum caviar stick too heavily because the look was a little dark for me. I'd like to try the olive smokey eye like Sage posted but am feeling a bit unsure about my technique. Eta: I should have given you the details of my smokey eye. I used LM plum caviar stick on the lid, Mac carbon on the outer edges and blended a bit into the crease and Mac MSF in deep dark packed in the crease. I applied Mac EDSF in magnetic appeal to my browbone. I also lined my upper and lower lods with carbon. MUFE smokey eye mascara.

Medgal07

Eta: I should have given you the details of my smokey eye. I used LM plum caviar stick on the lid, Mac carbon on the outer edges and blended a bit into the crease and Mac MSF in deep dark packed in the crease. I applied Mac EDSF in magnetic appeal to my browbone. I also lined my upper and lower lods with carbon. MUFE smokey eye mascara.
lol.gif
Ok blaming Sage & me for crashing Sephora's web site!!! You did real GOOD!!!! I have to look into these Caviar sticks that I keep hearing about---or maybe I
shouldn't for my own good!! I hope you like Cuir Cannage. I've had that palette for weeks now and haven't used it. I feel a Smokey Brown Eye coming on soon.
​ I love your haul! I want to know how you like the Alienist Brightening Mask and what you like love about the Anti-Aging Oil? Notice what I picked up was
all anti-aging?
lmao.gif

Your smokey eye was smoking'
cheerleader.gif
I love it!!!!

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] Do think maybe they're down to restock for the start of VIB sale & continuation of VIBR?  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I'm not looking at Sephora again[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    I'm not looking at Sephora again[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]       I'm not looking at Sephora again[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]         I'm not looking at Sephora again[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]           I'm not looking at Sephora again[/COLOR]
lol

NaomiH

Do think maybe they're down to restock for the start of VIB sale & continuation of VIBR?
girlhaha.gif

Anneri

Hi guys! I fell down the stairs today and my first thought when the ambulance came was 'thank God I've already done my MU and wear some cute clothes!' Well, i'm at home now with some bruised ribs that hurt like f***, and the painkillers have yet to kick in properly. While I'm waiting for that I thought I could post my last two looks! The first I liked so much that I wore it twice in a row.
I did my usual face and for my eyes I used L'oreal Infallible in Flashback Silver (that is rather like a silvery periwinkle) on the lid, and slightly drawn up to the crease. I then used Vex in the inner corner and over the crease, and Typographic to smoke the whole thing out. I then used Blanc Type to highlight under my brownbone. I lined with a purple liner and smudged that.
I also used my new Mac goodies - Modest MB and Seeking Attraction csg and loved the whole thing.

Today I tried something new (my go to look is a smokey eye, so I want to spice things up during our smokey weeks, and try at leas new colour combos!) and paired Daydreaming (lid) with Sable (crease) and Espresso to smoke out the outer corners. I used something as a transition shade (forgot what and can't get up to look for it, because getting up hurts like hell. Also, sitting down. Go, painkillers, go!
cheerleader.gif
) and Blitz&Glitz in a winged liner. It looked quite fall-ish, but I'm not sure if I liked the colour combo. Hubby liked it though. I used Bareness blush and Hellbound lipglass.

And oh, the irony - why did I fall down the stairs? Because I wanted to go and pick up my package with nailpolish that was just delivered...

Prettypackages

OMG Anneri, you're soo funny. It must be the meds! I hope you are feeling better soon. And be careful!!

I loved my look yesterday, I meant to take a pic and got home and crashed. I'm liking today's look too. I'll post deets later.

Sage, that H A U L! I'm expecting full reviews soon! LOL

Prettypackages

Eta: I should have given you the details of my smokey eye. I used LM plum caviar stick on the lid, Mac carbon on the outer edges and blended a bit into the crease and Mac MSF in deep dark packed in the crease. I applied Mac EDSF in magnetic appeal to my browbone. I also lined my upper and lower lods with carbon. MUFE smokey eye mascara.
Nice! Tell me about the Algenist Oil?

Your smokey eye sounds pretty. Maybe it was too heavy?

Prettypackages

lol.gif
Ok blaming Sage & me for crashing Sephora's web site!!! You did real GOOD!!!! I have to look into these Caviar sticks that I keep hearing about---or maybe I
shouldn't for my own good!! I hope you like Cuir Cannage. I've had that palette for weeks now and haven't used it. I feel a Smokey Brown Eye coming on soon.
​ I love your haul! I want to know how you like the Alienist Brightening Mask and what you like love about the Anti-Aging Oil? Notice what I picked up was
all anti-aging?
lmao.gif

Your smokey eye was smoking'
cheerleader.gif
I love it!!!!
Do I want Cuir Carnage or trafalagar?

NaomiH

Hi guys! I fell down the stairs today and my first thought when the ambulance came was 'thank God I've already done my MU and wear some cute clothes!' Well, i'm at home now with some bruised ribs that hurt like f***, and the painkillers have yet to kick in properly. While I'm waiting for that I thought I could post my last two looks! The first I liked so much that I wore it twice in a row.
I did my usual face and for my eyes I used L'oreal Infallible in Flashback Silver (that is rather like a silvery periwinkle) on the lid, and slightly drawn up to the crease. I then used Vex in the inner corner and over the crease, and Typographic to smoke the whole thing out. I then used Blanc Type to highlight under my brownbone. I lined with a purple liner and smudged that.
I also used my new Mac goodies - Modest MB and Seeking Attraction csg and loved the whole thing.

Today I tried something new (my go to look is a smokey eye, so I want to spice things up during our smokey weeks, and try at leas new colour combos!) and paired Daydreaming (lid) with Sable (crease) and Espresso to smoke out the outer corners. I used something as a transition shade (forgot what and can't get up to look for it, because getting up hurts like hell. Also, sitting down. Go, painkillers, go!
cheerleader.gif
) and Blitz&Glitz in a winged liner. It looked quite fall-ish, but I'm not sure if I liked the colour combo. Hubby liked it though. I used Bareness blush and Hellbound lipglass.

And oh, the irony - why did I fall down the stairs? Because I wanted to go and pick up my package with nailpolish that was just delivered...
Sounds like a lovely look, Anneri! I hope you get on the mend soon, so sorry about your fall.

aradhana

cheerleader.gif

yikes! i hope you get better soon...and i'm glad you were not injured more seriously!

i have some very steep and dangerous stairs in my house as well. although i have contemplated many times on my way down what would happen if i fell and whether or not i'd be able to slither over to my phone and call an ambulance, i've never gotten as far in my reverie as thinking about what i'd be wearing in said ambulance. i should really plan it out better!!! ;)

i liked that you used day dreaming on the lid. i can imagine it looked very pretty paired with the browns and B&G!

today i tried out a smokey look using the marc jacobs vamp palette. i very much like. i can't recall where i saw the video of the look - on the marc jacobs website, or sephora...or youtube. i couldn't 100% recall what they did, so i kinda winged it. essentially berry towards the inner corner, smokey navy towards the out corner, mediated by silver in the middle. i always expect that middle light frosty shade to look cray cray, but i'm generally surprised when it absolutely does not.
so...i have an interview tomorrow morning!
cheerleader.gif

i think i might do a 'plain ole brown' smokey eye...try to keep my morning routine simple so that i can definitely be out of the house in time and all. i think it'll take me a while to get there and apparently it's supposed to be really *lovely* weather - snow and rain...high plus 5, low minus 3! (That's celsius...basically 40F - 27F) bah humbug i say!

undecided about what lipstick to wear. do you guys usually do strong lips, or nude ones for interviews? i don't want to look too washed out, so was considering maybe something in the berry family, like rebel or captive. thoughts?

Medgal07

Do I want Cuir Carnage or trafalagar?
Have we met?
icon_eek.gif
You know Meddy would say both. However, Cuir Cannage is a palette that you might reach for a lot for work,
but you can change it up quickly for a night time look to meet your friends for drinks after work.

Medgal07

cheerleader.gif

Oh lord Anneri! I'm the old lady in the group who's supposed to fall down. Well, if you going down I guess you should look good while you're doing it. You're a riot.
I'm glad it was no worse but bruised ribs are no joke! Feel better!!!!

Both of your looks sound really NICE!!!! This is the first time that everyone has been this excited about and happy with their makeup looks. I'm so loving this!!!!

Medgal07

sounds nice!
i should try out those caviar sticks sometime soon...are they a little bit like mac greasepaint sticks?

yikes! i hope you get better soon...and i'm glad you were not injured more seriously!

i have some very steep and dangerous stairs in my house as well. although i have contemplated many times on my way down what would happen if i fell and whether or not i'd be able to slither over to my phone and call an ambulance, i've never gotten as far in my reverie as thinking about what i'd be wearing in said ambulance. i should really plan it out better!!! ;)

i liked that you used day dreaming on the lid. i can imagine it looked very pretty paired with the browns and B&G!
I'm curious about the caviar sticks too but I have way too many eye products as it is. I never used the greasepaint sticks either.

Aradhana, my husband and daughter tease me because I say 'yikes', in fact they insist that I'm the only one on the planet who says 'yikes.' I rest my case. Thank you!!!

girlhaha.gif

Latest posts