Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

You should! They're only $3 more than the NARS!
poke.gif

2cents.gif
Exactly...and these products are quite often easier to get than say, a limited edition MAC or a popular NARS Audacious .

Quote: Originally Posted by Dolly Snow

I can tell lol I've checked the thread and it's a bunch of fancy enablers
girlhaha.gif
You love us though right?
grouphug2.gif

Medgal07

I was just looking over some of the Chanel shades. I'm considering getting my first. Impulsive is catching my eye... I enjoy those sort of strawberry shades. What do you all think?
It's very vibrant and very pretty Mandy. Then again, I've never seen you look bad in anything!
http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-impulsive-132-enigmatique-135-rouge-allure-lip-color-reviews-photos-swatches

Medgal07

Clearly I wanted to make myself go back to some past Mac limited collections. Worked pretty well, although the eye seemed softer than I expected. Cheeks were actually the best part.
That's good 'slacking' if I've ever seen any!!! Nice look!. MAC really has given us some great products. I love Copper Plate. I once gave a friend MSF Redhead and
you'd have thought I gave her the Hope Diamond!!! She loved it!!!

Dolly Snow

[COLOR=0000FF] I recommend both but Foudroyante is most unique.  I love it.  It has more orange than I expected---perhaps just the right amounts of brown & orange.  It went well with[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   my smokey bronze eye [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]look.  I ordered one of the new Chanel lip glosses, Rouge Allure Colour & Shine[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Audace 20[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Mauve-brown) to wear w/it and Chanel NP,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Exception, described as a red brown.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] I totally agree that Foudroyante is smoother and dare I say creamier---yes that's it.  It's creamier.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] They are Mandy.  They're matte and very pigmented. I like La Diva, 44, Chanel's version of Candy Yum Yum. L'adoree , 45 is a nice burgundy matte.  I recently[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   ordered La Flambouyante, 337 [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]which was repromoted with the holiday collection.  It's a fiery orange red: [/COLOR]http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/10/28/bright-bright-chanel-    reds-for-the-holiday/   [COLOR=0000FF] Either would look good on you Lady Dolly[/COLOR]    [COLOR=0000FF]It's very vibrant and very pretty Mandy.  Then again, I've never seen you look bad in anything![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-imp...ouge-allure-lip-color-reviews-photos-swatches
You are too kind Meddy! I am looking forward to taking a look at them :)

MandyVanHook

[COLOR=0000FF] I recommend both but Foudroyante is most unique.  I love it.  It has more orange than I expected---perhaps just the right amounts of brown & orange.  It went well with[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   my smokey bronze eye [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]look.  I ordered one of the new Chanel lip glosses, Rouge Allure Colour & Shine[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Audace 20[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Mauve-brown) to wear w/it and Chanel NP,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Exception, described as a red brown.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] I totally agree that Foudroyante is smoother and dare I say creamier---yes that's it.  It's creamier.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] They are Mandy.  They're matte and very pigmented. I like La Diva, 44, Chanel's version of Candy Yum Yum. L'adoree , 45 is a nice burgundy matte.  I recently[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   ordered La Flambouyante, 337 [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]which was repromoted with the holiday collection.  It's a fiery orange red: [/COLOR]http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/10/28/bright-bright-chanel-    reds-for-the-holiday/   [COLOR=0000FF] Either would look good on you Lady Dolly[/COLOR]    [COLOR=0000FF]It's very vibrant and very pretty Mandy.  Then again, I've never seen you look bad in anything![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-imp...ouge-allure-lip-color-reviews-photos-swatches
Thank you, Meddy! :heart: I'm going to look into all of those you listed!
[COLOR=0000FF]BTW Mandy, I forgot to mention how super cute your Avi is.  Love it!![/COLOR]
Aww, thank you! That was the hubby and I in our "Retro Couple" costumes. Actually, it's pretty much our everyday look anyway. Lol. My husband is especially into the retro look.

Medgal07

Meka
th_happy1.gif
Oh Meka. I have a few questions about the Algenist Anti-Aging Oil
. I read a few reviews and saw your proclamation of love for the product. I think you said something like, "I love this stuff." Well, what do you love about it? Do you use it as your moisturizer or as the instructions suggest, to use it before applying your moisturizer? If so, is that too much moisturizer? I just ordered it today. I figured with 20% off, Ebates cash back, an extension of VIB Rouge through 2015, and a free VIBR gift of Formula X red nail polish, why not.
shrugs.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
[COLOR=0000FF]  That's good 'slacking' if I've ever seen any!!!  Nice look!.  MAC really has given us some great products.  I love Copper Plate.  I once gave a friend MSF Redhead and[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  you'd have thought I gave [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]her the Hope Diamond!!!  She loved it!!![/COLOR]
Thanks Meddy! I don't often use Redhead because I'm always worried it'll loo too warm but when I put it on today, I sort of wondered why I'd been concerned. Even with a warm highlighter, it just made me look healthy in the November gloom.

MandyVanHook

[COLOR=0000FF]  That's good 'slacking' if I've ever seen any!!!  Nice look!.  MAC really has given us some great products.  I love Copper Plate.  I once gave a friend MSF Redhead and[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  you'd have thought I gave [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]her the Hope Diamond!!!  She loved it!!![/COLOR]
I lost my Copperplate. :( It was my most used shadow and I haven't seen it in months now. I will have to replace it.

Medgal07

Smokey Eye Look Day 7 ( Black Smokey Eye)

EYES:
MAC Paint Pot, Blackground
Chanel Les 5 Ombres De Chanel Oiseaux De Nuit Palette
Black shadow to lids over Blackground
Deep Purple-Grey shadow to crease & lower lash line
Antique Gold shadow to transition & blend
Icy White shadow to highlight brow & inner corners
MAC Feline to waterline

FACE:
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Fluid foundation
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Beauty Flash Primer over foundation**
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Praline in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
MACProSculpting Cream,Richly Honed to contour, set w/ Charlotte Tilbury
Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Highlighter to Highlight Facial High Planes
Tom Ford Frantic Pink (soft golden pink) Blush
Chanel Les Beiges 30 powder as overall face powder
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:

MAC Silly lipliner
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense, Craquante (pink)

**The Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Beauty Flash Primer can be worn under or over foundation. When I wore it as a base primer I had a skin eruption, so I thought I'd try it over my foundation. Wearing it over my foundation actually supported the claims made by CT that the product creates luminosity.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Smokey Eye Look Day 7 ( Black Smokey Eye)

EYES:
MAC Paint Pot, Blackground
Chanel Les 5 Ombres De Chanel Oiseaux De Nuit Palette
Black shadow to lids over Blackground
Deep Purple-Grey shadow to crease & lower lash line
Antique Gold shadow to transition & blend
Icy White shadow to highlight brow & inner corners
MAC Feline to waterline

FACE:
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Fluid foundation
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Beauty Flash Primer over foundation**
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Praline in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
MACProSculpting Cream,Richly Honed to contour, set w/ Charlotte Tilbury
Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Highlighter to Highlight Facial High Planes
Tom Ford Frantic Pink (soft golden pink) Blush
Chanel Les Beiges 30 powder as overall face powder
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:

MAC Silly lipliner
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense, Craquante (pink)

**The Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Beauty Flash Primer can be worn under or over foundation. When I wore it as a base primer I had a skin eruption, so I thought I'd try it over my foundation. Wearing it over my foundation actually supported the claims made by CT that the product creates luminosity.
This sounds lovely. For a black smoky look, I almost always fall back on Guerlain "Les Noirs", but now you have me thinking of other palettes I could use and how I could incorporate more colours.

I decided on a purple smoky look today, with Guerlain Les Violines. It was pretty quick to do, actually, since the colours blend so easily. The trickiest part was not over-blending the darkest shade, as it diffuses a little too easily. It also took a bit of effort to get the liner smudged just the way I wanted. Here's the full look:

Eyes:
Guerlain Les Violines e/s
- Dark purple on the outer 2/3 of the lids and on outer part of lower lash line
- Deep reddened mauve on inner 1/3 of lid, blended out and up over the dark purple
- Soft mauve used to blend out the edges of the dark purple and diffused along the upper crease up to the outer brow bone, dusted along the lower lash lines
- Light lilac on the inner corners and on the inner part of the brow bone
Urban Decay e/l in Rockstar smudged along the upper lash lines
Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara

Cheeks:
Mac MSF Blonde [warm pink]- I figured since I pulled out Redhead yesterday, I might as well use her fairer sister today; these are lovely, but both of them do tend to emphasize my pores

Lips:
Mac l/g Aleydis- Looks like a bright fuchsia, but is actually quite translucent, so it's a very delicate fuchsia-pink; Was available with the first Marcel Wanders collection

It occurred to me after I was done that I'd meant to use Chanel Diapason underneath Les Violines to see how that worked... Oh well.

sagehen

Quick pop in to post my smokey eye for the day: silica powder and aloe vera gel primer Black Opal True Finish Foundation, Nutmeg NYX orange concealer under eye NYX HD concealer, Chestnut, under eyes and on PIH (love the acronym) NYX Set it and Forget It powder, medium dark BN e/s, black plum, for contour SM illuminating powder, Vanuatu Nude, for highlight MAC blush, Loverush NYX Smokey Eye combo 9-pan for taupe and grey smokey eye with matte black on outer v, MAC Shag in transition and upper left peachy sheen on brow bone Rimmel London brow pencils in 004 and 001 on brows Sephora atomic volume mascara, Explosive Black Pixi eye pencil, black noire upper and lower lashline Maybelline Nude Enbrace lipstick, Chocolate Lust lipgloss Please excuse my poor sentence structure and punctuation/capitalization...typing this on my phone.

Medgal07

This sounds lovely. For a black smoky look, I almost always fall back on Guerlain "Les Noirs", but now you have me thinking of other palettes I could use and how I could incorporate more colours.

I decided on a purple smoky look today, with Guerlain Les Violines. It was pretty quick to do, actually, since the colours blend so easily. The trickiest part was not over-blending the darkest shade, as it diffuses a little too easily. It also took a bit of effort to get the liner smudged just the way I wanted. Here's the full look:

Eyes:
Guerlain Les Violines e/s
- Dark purple on the outer 2/3 of the lids and on outer part of lower lash line
- Deep reddened mauve on inner 1/3 of lid, blended out and up over the dark purple
- Soft mauve used to blend out the edges of the dark purple and diffused along the upper crease up to the outer brow bone, dusted along the lower lash lines
- Light lilac on the inner corners and on the inner part of the brow bone
Urban Decay e/l in Rockstar smudged along the upper lash lines
Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara

Cheeks:
Mac MSF Blonde [warm pink]- I figured since I pulled out Redhead yesterday, I might as well use her fairer sister today; these are lovely, but both of them do tend to emphasize my pores

Lips:
Mac l/g Aleydis- Looks like a bright fuchsia, but is actually quite translucent, so it's a very delicate fuchsia-pink; Was available with the first Marcel Wanders collection

It occurred to me after I was done that I'd meant to use Chanel Diapason underneath Les Violines to see how that worked... Oh well.
Thanks much. There are few more palettes that I'm considering for traditional smokey eye looks. It's just easier having a quad or quint then it is going through my
customized MAC palettes--I have them sorted by color so I'm pulling at least 4 of my 11 palettes for a single look. Not to efficient!

Very pretty! I absolutely love it and I wish I looked as good in purple. I love purple but it refuses to love me back...oh and Les Violines...I really wanted it because its
so gorgeous!!! You're right, Diapason or even MAC's Half Wild would have played nicely w/Les Violines. Next time!!! It's a really great look on you and worth
repeating.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks much. There are few more palettes that I'm considering for traditional smokey eye looks. It's just easier having a quad or quint then it is going through my
customized MAC palettes--I have them sorted by color so I'm pulling at least 4 of my 11 palettes for a single look. Not to efficient!

Very pretty! I absolutely love it and I wish I looked as good in purple. I love purple but it refuses to love me back...oh and Les Violines...I really wanted it because its
so gorgeous!!! You're right, Diapason or even MAC's Half Wild would have played nicely w/Les Violines. Next time!!! It's a really great look on you and worth
repeating.
Thank you. Even if you struggle with purples, you might want to give Les Violines a shot. The shades are surprisingly neutral- they don't pull too red or blue, which I think makes them very wearable. At least worth swatching.

I absolutely agree about grabbing a pre-made palette. It's always super quick when I have everything right at my disposal. Even fidgeting with the dark purple and the liner, I had my whole face done in less than fifteen minutes, which is well under my average, especially if I have to go hunting for a particular colour.