Theme Makeup with a Purpose

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] I recommend both but Foudroyante is most unique.  I love it.  It has more orange than I expected---perhaps just the right amounts of brown & orange.  It went well with[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   my smokey bronze eye [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]look.  I ordered one of the new Chanel lip glosses, Rouge Allure Colour & Shine[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Audace 20[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Mauve-brown) to wear w/it and Chanel NP,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Exception, described as a red brown.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] I totally agree that Foudroyante is smoother and dare I say creamier---yes that's it.  It's creamier.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] They are Mandy.  They're matte and very pigmented. I like La Diva, 44, Chanel's version of Candy Yum Yum. L'adoree , 45 is a nice burgundy matte.  I recently[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   ordered La Flambouyante, 337 [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]which was repromoted with the holiday collection.  It's a fiery orange red: [/COLOR]http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/10/28/bright-bright-chanel-    reds-for-the-holiday/   [COLOR=0000FF] Either would look good on you Lady Dolly[/COLOR]    [COLOR=0000FF]It's very vibrant and very pretty Mandy.  Then again, I've never seen you look bad in anything![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-imp...ouge-allure-lip-color-reviews-photos-swatches
Oh, I'm going to have to check out that gloss!

sagehen

@katred SM: Shea Moisture BN: Ben Nye NYX makes so many good products - do they not sell in store in Canada? I hear Canada does not get Wet n Wild either. sorry for all the abbreviations.

meka72

I knew I heard someone calling my name. Lol. I had a deluxe sample of the Algenist oil but couldn't bring myself to spend $79 on it. I bought Fresh sea berry oil instead. I'd use the Fresh oil (at night) and my skin would look okay the next morning. I'd switch up and use the Algenist oil one night and I'd wake up with sucha a radiant glow! My skin would look smooth and healthy. I'm running out of adjectives at this point but hope you get my point. Lol The Fresh oil will be returned on Monday, the same day that I get my full size Algenist oil. With @Elegant One's glowing recommendation of the Algenist products that she's tried, in addition to my love of the oil, I'll probably end up picking up the whole line (appropriate for my skin). That's will be a first for me. OAN: I'm headed to bed but will be back later to comment on everyone's posts.
[COLOR=0000FF]Meka :yaay: Oh Meka.  I have a few questions about the Algenist Anti-Aging Oil[/COLOR][COLOR=181818].[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF] I read a few reviews and saw your proclamation of love for the product.  I think you said something like, "I love this stuff."  Well, what do you love about it?  Do you use it as your moisturizer or as the [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]instructions suggest, to use it before applying your moisturizer?  If so, is that too much moisturizer?   I just ordered it today.  I figured with 20% off, Ebates cash back, an extension of VIB Rouge through 2015, and a free VIBR gift of Formula X red nail polish, why not.[/COLOR] :shrugs:

meka72

@Medgal, I realized that I didn't answer your question and the site won't let me edit my original post. I use the Algenist oil as a moisturizer on its own generally. If my skin is drier than normal, I would layer it under a moisturizer. I prefer to layer under a gel moisturizer like Clinique moisture surge for some reason. Although I have layered it under a heavier moisturizer like Vanicream after a chemical peel. I have combo skin.

katred

Specktra Bestie
@katred SM: Shea Moisture BN: Ben Nye NYX makes so many good products - do they not sell in store in Canada? I hear Canada does not get Wet n Wild either. sorry for all the abbreviations.
Thanks! Nyx is apparently available in one drug store chain, but they're only in one province. We used to have Wet & Wild- I remember having them here when I first started wearing makeup- but no longer.

Medgal07

I use the Algenist oil as a moisturizer on its own generally. If my skin is drier than normal, I would layer it under a moisturizer. I prefer to layer under a gel moisturizer like Clinique moisture surge for some reason. Although I have layered it under a heavier moisturizer like Vanicream after a chemical peel. I have combo skin.
Thanks for doubling back to add more to your response---you just didn't want to hear me screeching again. I think I'll try it on its own initially and then layer w/a
moisturizer in the dead of winter when I'm more likely to require it.

Medgal07

Smokey Eye Look Day 8 (Brown Smokey Eye)

EYES:
Tom Ford cream e/s in Illicit as a base
Dior e/s quint in Cuir Cannage
Blackened Brown e/s to lids over Illicit
Plummy Brown shadow to crease & lower lash line
Copper shadow to transition & blend
Golden Ivory shadow to highlight brow
NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, Rue Bonaparte
Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave to inner corners

FACE:
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Praline in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
MACProSculpting Cream,Richly Honed to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave to Highlight Facial High Planes
MAC Pressed Amber Blush
Chanel Les Beiges 30 face powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Guerlain Météorites,Perles Dore 04

LIPS:

MAC Vino lipliner
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense, Foudroyante (Pearlescent Choc) 148

NAILS:
Butter London, Tramp Stamp (Dark Chocolate)

MandyVanHook

[COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Smokey Eye Look Day 8 (Brown Smokey Eye)[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]EYES:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Tom Ford cream e/s in Illicit as a base [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Dior e/s quint in Cuir Cannage [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=000000][COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][COLOR=0000FF] Blackened Brown e/s [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]to lids over Illicit[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]    Plummy Brown shadow to crease & lower lash [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]line[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]    Copper shadow to transition & blend[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]    Golden Ivory shadow to highlight brow[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]    [COLOR=0000FF]NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, Rue Bonaparte [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    Estee Lauder [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave to inner corners[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]FACE:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]foundation[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Luminous Praline[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Pro Sculpting Cream, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Richly Honed[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave  to Highlight Facial High Planes [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Pressed Amber Blush[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Les Beiges 30 face powder to set[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Skindinavia Makeup setting spray[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Météorites,  Perles Dore 04[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]  LIPS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Vino lipliner[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Foudroyante[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Pearlescent Choc)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]148[/COLOR][/COLOR]   [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]NAILS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Butter London, Tramp Stamp (Dark Chocolate)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Beautiful! I'm doing a black and gold smokey look today.

aradhana

This sounds lovely. For a black smoky look, I almost always fall back on Guerlain "Les Noirs", but now you have me thinking of other palettes I could use and how I could incorporate more colours.

I decided on a purple smoky look today, with Guerlain Les Violines. It was pretty quick to do, actually, since the colours blend so easily. The trickiest part was not over-blending the darkest shade, as it diffuses a little too easily. It also took a bit of effort to get the liner smudged just the way I wanted. Here's the full look:

Eyes:
Guerlain Les Violines e/s
- Dark purple on the outer 2/3 of the lids and on outer part of lower lash line
- Deep reddened mauve on inner 1/3 of lid, blended out and up over the dark purple
- Soft mauve used to blend out the edges of the dark purple and diffused along the upper crease up to the outer brow bone, dusted along the lower lash lines
- Light lilac on the inner corners and on the inner part of the brow bone
Urban Decay e/l in Rockstar smudged along the upper lash lines
Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara

Cheeks:
Mac MSF Blonde [warm pink]- I figured since I pulled out Redhead yesterday, I might as well use her fairer sister today; these are lovely, but both of them do tend to emphasize my pores

Lips:
Mac l/g Aleydis- Looks like a bright fuchsia, but is actually quite translucent, so it's a very delicate fuchsia-pink; Was available with the first Marcel Wanders collection

It occurred to me after I was done that I'd meant to use Chanel Diapason underneath Les Violines to see how that worked... Oh well.
pretty! was les violines a limited edition? do you think the colours would show up on someone of my skin tone? or would they just look white/grey?
oh and i love UD rockstar eye pencil! i would say those auberginey colours are really my favourites...

Please excuse my poor sentence structure and punctuation/capitalization...typing this on my phone.
sounds nice!
what brand is SM? i'm sure once you say it i will think oh, of course! but i just can't think of it....

oh and btw, i went with your advice and wore an mlbb for my interview the other day...NARS Barbara audacious lipstick, with a bit of plum lipliner to give some definition. it was definitely a better choice than any other colour/shade family, since I didn't have to worry at all that it might be fading weirdly or anything of that sort!!! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by MandyVanHook

Beautiful! I'm doing a black and gold smokey look today.
sounds sultry!

sagehen

sounds nice! what brand is SM? i'm sure once you say it i will think oh, of course! but i just can't think of it.... oh and btw, i went with your advice and wore an mlbb for my interview the other day...NARS Barbara audacious lipstick, with a bit of plum lipliner to give some definition. it was definitely a better choice than any other colour/shade family, since I didn't have to worry at all that it might be fading weirdly or anything of that sort!!! :)
SM=Shea Moisture I hope the interview went well. Good luck!

MandyVanHook

This sounds lovely. For a black smoky look, I almost always fall back on Guerlain "Les Noirs", but now you have me thinking of other palettes I could use and how I could incorporate more colours. I decided on a purple smoky look today, with Guerlain Les Violines. It was pretty quick to do, actually, since the colours blend so easily. The trickiest part was not over-blending the darkest shade, as it diffuses a little too easily. It also took a bit of effort to get the liner smudged just the way I wanted. Here's the full look: Eyes: Guerlain Les Violines e/s - Dark purple on the outer 2/3 of the lids and on outer part of lower lash line - Deep reddened mauve on inner 1/3 of lid, blended out and up over the dark purple - Soft mauve used to blend out the edges of the dark purple and diffused along the upper crease up to the outer brow bone, dusted along the lower lash lines - Light lilac on the inner corners and on the inner part of the brow bone Urban Decay e/l in Rockstar smudged along the upper lash lines Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara Cheeks: Mac MSF Blonde [warm pink]- I figured since I pulled out Redhead yesterday, I might as well use her fairer sister today; these are lovely, but both of them do tend to emphasize my pores Lips: Mac l/g Aleydis- Looks like a bright fuchsia, but is actually quite translucent, so it's a very delicate fuchsia-pink; Was available with the first Marcel Wanders collection It occurred to me after I was done that I'd meant to use Chanel Diapason underneath Les Violines to see how that worked... Oh well.
Love it! These types of shades have really been appealing to me lately.

Dolly Snow

[COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Smokey Eye Look Day 8 (Brown Smokey Eye)[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]EYES:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Tom Ford cream e/s in Illicit as a base [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Dior e/s quint in Cuir Cannage [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=000000][COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][COLOR=0000FF] Blackened Brown e/s [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]to lids over Illicit[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]    Plummy Brown shadow to crease & lower lash [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]line[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]    Copper shadow to transition & blend[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]    Golden Ivory shadow to highlight brow[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]    [COLOR=0000FF]NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, Rue Bonaparte [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    Estee Lauder [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave to inner corners[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]FACE:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]foundation[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Luminous Praline[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Pro Sculpting Cream, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Richly Honed[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave  to Highlight Facial High Planes [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Pressed Amber Blush[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Les Beiges 30 face powder to set[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Skindinavia Makeup setting spray[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Météorites,  Perles Dore 04[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]  LIPS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Vino lipliner[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Foudroyante[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Pearlescent Choc)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]148[/COLOR][/COLOR]   [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]NAILS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Butter London, Tramp Stamp (Dark Chocolate)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Gorgeous meddy. I feel like I need Tramp Stamp lol

Dolly Snow

This sounds lovely. For a black smoky look, I almost always fall back on Guerlain "Les Noirs", but now you have me thinking of other palettes I could use and how I could incorporate more colours. I decided on a purple smoky look today, with Guerlain Les Violines. It was pretty quick to do, actually, since the colours blend so easily. The trickiest part was not over-blending the darkest shade, as it diffuses a little too easily. It also took a bit of effort to get the liner smudged just the way I wanted. Here's the full look: Eyes: Guerlain Les Violines e/s - Dark purple on the outer 2/3 of the lids and on outer part of lower lash line - Deep reddened mauve on inner 1/3 of lid, blended out and up over the dark purple - Soft mauve used to blend out the edges of the dark purple and diffused along the upper crease up to the outer brow bone, dusted along the lower lash lines - Light lilac on the inner corners and on the inner part of the brow bone Urban Decay e/l in Rockstar smudged along the upper lash lines Guerlain Cils d'Enfer mascara Cheeks: Mac MSF Blonde [warm pink]- I figured since I pulled out Redhead yesterday, I might as well use her fairer sister today; these are lovely, but both of them do tend to emphasize my pores Lips: Mac l/g Aleydis- Looks like a bright fuchsia, but is actually quite translucent, so it's a very delicate fuchsia-pink; Was available with the first Marcel Wanders collection It occurred to me after I was done that I'd meant to use Chanel Diapason underneath Les Violines to see how that worked... Oh well.
Very Beautiful Katred!

Medgal07

I feel like I need Tramp Stamp lol
Thanks Lady Dolly
curtsey.gif
Butter London has some very interesting NP names!
girlhaha.gif

aradhana

I hope the interview went well. Good luck!
thanks!

and sorry, i just realized you had just answered the same question about the abbreviation to katred! i should have read the posts more carefully!

i wanted to write down today's look before i forget some aspect of it. i tried to take a pic and they're all looking dumb...i assure you all the look is nice IRL:

EYES
Urban decay stash 24/7 eyeliner as a base on upper lid
Jealous kohl power to line thickly on upper lash line and thinly on lower lashline
Nobless Oblige pressed pigment to upper lid
Neutral Pink eyeshadow as transition shade (light grey pink - not sure if it is matte or satin)
Mulled Cider eyeshadow to smoke out crease (matte medium reddish brown)
yoghurt eyeshadow lightly to brow highlight
Marc Jacobs O!Mega mascara in blacquer

FACE
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 7
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark (centre) and Dark (periphery)
Mineralize blush in Sweet Sentiment

LIPS
Tribalist lipstick
Vino & Currant lipliners

Not up to much, but it's nice to hang about the house in nice makeup! :)

Medgal07

thanks!

and sorry, i just realized you had just answered the same question about the abbreviation to katred! i should have read the posts more carefully!

i wanted to write down today's look before i forget some aspect of it. i tried to take a pic and they're all looking dumb...i assure you all the look is nice IRL:

EYES
Urban decay stash 24/7 eyeliner as a base on upper lid
Jealous kohl power to line thickly on upper lash line and thinly on lower lashline
Nobless Oblige pressed pigment to upper lid
Neutral Pink eyeshadow as transition shade (light grey pink - not sure if it is matte or satin)
Mulled Cider eyeshadow to smoke out crease (matte medium reddish brown)
yoghurt eyeshadow lightly to brow highlight
Marc Jacobs O!Mega mascara in blacquer

FACE
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 7
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark (centre) and Dark (periphery)
Mineralize blush in Sweet Sentiment

LIPS
Tribalist lipstick
Vino & Currant lipliners

Not up to much, but it's nice to hang about the house in nice makeup! :)
Beautiful Aradhana. I know what you mean about the pic---for some reason I can't take one worthy of posting to save my life---either the colors are off or the lighting is
all wrong. So I gave up.
sigh.gif

Nothing wrong with hanging around the house in nice makeup!!!

I hope your interview yields good results.

Dolly Snow

Thanks Lady Dolly
curtsey.gif
Butter London has some very interesting NP names!
girlhaha.gif
I like their names they are fun haha

Yesterday I did a copper eye. Completely by accident, I started with one shade and blended out with another.
The colors ended up being very close, thus a copper smokey sorta look lol
Unfortunately I could not get a pic with my eyes closed.