Theme Makeup with a Purpose

katred

Specktra Bestie
Katred, your makeup always looks great but this look is phenomenal! I love that lipstick! Would you mind sharing what it is? I'm off to google the Armani palette and pray that it is unavailable.
Thanks Meka! The lipstick is Nars Angela, my dream pink-purple hybrid. So much love for this. The Armani palette is still available most places and is a very nice, surprisingly practical little item. (I normally don't think of holiday palettes as practical, since they tend to be a little more party-oriented.) not that I would ever try to tempt anyone to spend...

aradhana

Happy New Year everybody!! Hope you all had a great holiday. My taupes are primed and ready to go, although I reserved today to play around with my Armani Orient Excess palette. None of those shades are really taupe, although the bronze shadow looks taupe-ish when applied lightly... I'm sure I'll get caught up.

Yesterday, I incorporated one of my favourite ever taupe shades, Le Metier de Beauté "Corinthian". I used it with LMdB Fig (deep eggplant) and the new Armani Eye Tint in Rose Ashes. I've only worn the Eye Tint once, but, as someone who doesn't even like wet shadow formulations, I'm blown away. I need to buy about ten more. The end result was definitely on the rosy side of taupe, since Corinthian already leans a bit pink and there were pink tones with the other shadows used, but taupe nonetheless. Here's a look

Also- I posted all the looks I did for pink/ mauve/ fuchsia week on the blog. Link is in my signature if you'd like to have a peek.
kate you look beautiful!

my new year's eve look was a bit slap-dash. i was running behind already, and tried to do something with last year's holiday pigment sets, and i basically had to restart part way through the eyes. i found 'push the edge' pigment difficult to work with, and something in my process was making my eyes look all crepey and weird. so i ended up restarting, and using the billion dollar quad from the simpsons collection, peaches blush and bauhau5 lipstick.

today's look kicked off the taupes and the different lipstick events for me, and i used 'until dawn' mineralize eyeshadow over deliciously rich fluid line (shimmering dirty taupe). i applied the fluid line all over the upper lid, the gold over the lid up to the brow bone and buffed the taupe side of the shadow into the crease and outer corner. i also used orpheus on the lower lash line.

incidentally, i kicked off a new mascara so that it will be easy for me to remember when to give it a toss - mufe smoky lash...

for blush i used a combination of gingerly and coppertone, and finished it all off with kraft lipstick from the prey-a-papier collection. 2010? something like that. (it works within the nude lipstick theme)

i'm not sure what im doing differently, but i'm having a hard time getting my foundation/skin step to look just right. it's seeming a little too matte or powdery to me...i guess i kind of liked what was going on in the summertime with my skin, so i will have to make some adjustments to get the right moisture level.

i actually prefer a dewy look, and it use to be that i could achieve that with the nars tinted moisturizer + mineralize skin finish natural or nars powder foundation dusted overtop. i wonder if it's because i changed up my moisturizer? the funny thing is, my moisturizer is much more emollient than what i was using previously.

Medgal07

Happy New Year everybody!! Hope you all had a great holiday. My taupes are primed and ready to go, although I reserved today to play around with my Armani Orient Excess palette. None of those shades are really taupe, although the bronze shadow looks taupe-ish when applied lightly... I'm sure I'll get caught up.

Yesterday, I incorporated one of my favourite ever taupe shades, Le Metier de Beauté "Corinthian". I used it with LMdB Fig (deep eggplant) and the new Armani Eye Tint in Rose Ashes. I've only worn the Eye Tint once, but, as someone who doesn't even like wet shadow formulations, I'm blown away. I need to buy about ten more. The end result was definitely on the rosy side of taupe, since Corinthian already leans a bit pink and there were pink tones with the other shadows used, but taupe nonetheless. Here's a look

Also- I posted all the looks I did for pink/ mauve/ fuchsia week on the blog. Link is in my signature if you'd like to have a peek.
Your eyes look amazing and that's a great pink lipstick on you.

@katred you are way ahead of us! I am still in my pj's bare faced, with conditioner in my hair lol.
I slept late too Sage. managed minimal makeup today----wore Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Précieuse (Nude) a wee bit of blush and no eyeshadow.

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

Lol, it's funny, but it always cheers me up when I get dressed and put on my face. I almost always end up doing it because I find it such an enjoyable part of my day.
I get teased for wearing a full-face because I don't work outside of the home but for me, that's all the more reason to. You can get into a rut and I'm not a rut kinda girl.
I also like makeup too much and I have way too much not to wear it everyday.
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

loving the sound of having a coordinated furla handbag!

actually, with red lips i pictured the imagery from mac's hay, sailor collection from summer 2012. it's a good look, but perhaps you were channeling a more subdued look for family photos, in which case i can understand why you chose an mlbb or nude lipstick. :)

kate you look beautiful!
today's look kicked off the taupes and the different lipstick events for me, and i used 'until dawn' mineralize eyeshadow over deliciously rich fluid line (shimmering dirty taupe). i applied the fluid line all over the upper lid, the gold over the lid up to the brow bone and buffed the taupe side of the shadow into the crease and outer corner. i also used orpheus on the lower lash line.

incidentally, i kicked off a new mascara so that it will be easy for me to remember when to give it a toss - mufe smoky lash...

for blush i used a combination of gingerly and coppertone, and finished it all off with kraft lipstick from the prey-a-papier collection. 2010? something like that. (it works within the nude lipstick theme)

i'm not sure what im doing differently, but i'm having a hard time getting my foundation/skin step to look just right. it's seeming a little too matte or powdery to me...i guess i kind of liked what was going on in the summertime with my skin, so i will have to make some adjustments to get the right moisture level.

i actually prefer a dewy look, and it use to be that i could achieve that with the nars tinted moisturizer + mineralize skin finish natural or nars powder foundation dusted overtop. i wonder if it's because i changed up my moisturizer? the funny thing is, my moisturizer is much more emollient than what i was using previously.
Proof positive that getting makeup right is an art and a science! So many things need to work together for it to be just right. I like the look that you put together for NYE
Aradhana.

We stayed in, ordered in food and watched movies...It was nice and low key. I did wear a NYE face appropriate for our evening in. I finally used my Charlotte Tilbury
Fallen Angel palette and constructed a look using golden taupe brown as my main lid color. I wore Tom Ford Negligee lipstick at the beginning of the day and later
switched to MAC Fresh Brew.

aradhana

here is the look i tried to emulate today:

0.jpg

i used all races, brains & brawn and copperplate eyeshadows to achieve the taupey smoke. i also added flawless figure in the inner corner.

for blush i used coppertone again, with blunt and coffee walnut to contour lightly...lips i'm wearing style in sepia, but i feel like i look a bit boring so i might go switch it up later!

aradhana

Proof positive that getting makeup right is an art and a science! So many things need to work together for it to be just right. I like the look that you put together for NYE
Aradhana.

We stayed in, ordered in food and watched movies...It was nice and low key. I did wear a NYE face appropriate for our evening in. I finally used my Charlotte Tilbury
Fallen Angel palette and constructed a look using golden taupe brown as my main lid color. I wore Tom Ford Negligee lipstick at the beginning of the day and later
switched to MAC Fresh Brew.
sounds nice! the palette looks very pretty, especially that taupe! how do you like the CT eyeshadows?

fresh brew is definitely one of my faves - an oldie but goodie!

Medgal07

sounds nice! the palette looks very pretty, especially that taupe! how do you like the CT eyeshadows?

fresh brew is definitely one of my faves - an oldie but goodie!
This was my first ever CT e/s palette. It performed well---very pigmented & easy to apply & blend....exactly what one wants, but I wasn't over the top wowed or anything. I would recommend this particular palette, and I expect to get a lot of use out of it. It's similar to the Chanel Réve D' Orient palette which I also have but I used it so long ago that I can't honestly compare them. I do recall really liking the Chanel palette. Others who also have both palettes & used them within a shorter timeframe of the other, prefer the Chanel palette.

Shars

Happy New Year's Katred! I love the look you did. And that NARS Angela looks so gorgeous on you. That's one of the lippies on my "Get Next" list. I also love your dark hair and blue eyes!!!

sagehen

Taupe Eyes FOTD: FACE: Stila Natural Finish Oil Free foundation, H LA Girl HD Pro concealer, Fawn under eyes, Chestnut on dark spots CG Queen Lasting Matte pressed powder, Medium (it is slightly too dark, so I use it around the perimeters of my face - hit pan on it today!) City Color Cosmetics Contour Kit, contour shade, for light contour (in the future I might try the bronzer as an all over face powder - that is how not WOC-friendly this kit is. I have already talked bad about the highlight shade, so...) MAC powder blush, Deep Plum EYES: NYX Meet My Romeo palette (Love in Florence Series), top left shade all over lid, second from bottom in crease over MAC Saddle, definer shade in outer v and smudged on lower lash line, matte peachy shade as brow highlight MAC Fluidline, Dipdown on upper and lower lash lines Rimmel London brow pencil, 001 Dark Brown Maybelline One by One Mascara, Very Black, last day ever - tossed it today, end of an era LIPS: MAC BBQ lipliner WnW Fergie Daily l/s (wasn't prepared today - this is my emergency l/s, what the heck? it will be one of my different shade daily entries!) So, that new Lancôme palette I have looks different IRL than online. It is suspiciously similar to NYX Tryst In Trevi palette. That is how silvery the Taupe is in that one...Imma make it work though...trying it out Sunday with an all-Lancôme face. What the hell? YOLO OH! Other Taupes that I plan to use: Cargo Yukon The bottom two rows of the MAC Neutral Eyes x15 palette the NYX palette from above Nyx Warm Taupe e/s NYX Taupe Notch MAC Satin Taupe MAC Banshee MAC Patina (this is a warm Taupe on me) MAC Museum Bronze pigment (I will break this out one weekend day) MAC Coco pigment (I am hoarding it but I will consider this challenge a special occasion) Bobbi Brown Cool Eyes palette KvD Innerstellar palette

Shars

Hey lovely ladies!

I managed to reapply my makeup late yesterday afternoon after being out NYE's until 1:30pm yesterday haha.

I wore some colours from the MAC Brooke Shields' 15 x palette for my eyes:

MAC Satin Taupe on the lid, MAC Lofty in the crease with MAC Clove as my transition colour and MAC Luscious as a brow highlight. I loved how it came together.

I paired my eyeshadow look with Bare Minerals' original powder foundation since I haven't worn that in a while. I have to wear a mattifying primer underneath though otherwise I get oily quickly. I also wore NYX's Desert Rose blush and a light contour and highlight using Sleek's Face Contour Kit in "Dark". I finished it off with a mauvy-nude lipstick in Centerfold from the Buxom Full Bodied lipstick line.

I'm going through all my eyeshadow palettes now to see what other taupe shadows I have that I can pull out for this challenge.

Medgal07

Hey lovely ladies!

I managed to reapply my makeup late yesterday afternoon after being out NYE's until 1:30pm yesterday haha.

I wore some colours from the MAC Brooke Shields' 15 x palette for my eyes:

MAC Satin Taupe on the lid, MAC Lofty in the crease with MAC Clove as my transition colour and MAC Luscious as a brow highlight. I loved how it came together.

I paired my eyeshadow look with Bare Minerals' original powder foundation since I haven't worn that in a while. I have to wear a mattifying primer underneath though otherwise I get oily quickly. I also wore NYX's Desert Rose blush and a light contour and highlight using Sleek's Face Contour Kit in "Dark". I finished it off with a mauvy-nude lipstick in Centerfold from the Buxom Full Bodied lipstick line.

I'm going through all my eyeshadow palettes now to see what other taupe shadows I have that I can pull out for this challenge.
Sounds really pretty Shars.....oh and I wish I had your stamina!!!
girlhaha.gif

Shars

Sounds really pretty Shars.....oh and I wish I had your stamina!!!
girlhaha.gif
I wasn't that glamorous after a while lol. My sister, cousin, his wife and I were all falling sleep at our family friend's house last night. We're getting too old for this haha. I slept for a good 10 hours straight when I finally got home hehe.

How was your NYE dinner with the Hubs?

Medgal07

I wasn't that glamorous after a while lol. My sister, cousin, his wife and I were all falling sleep at our family friend's house last night. We're getting too old for this haha. I slept for a good 10 hours straight when I finally got home hehe.

How was your NYE dinner with the Hubs?
girlhaha.gif

It was lovely, thanks....especially since I didn't cook it.

Medgal07

Okay so we're done with color specific weeks and we're onto whatever lipstick that we want, as long as we use a different one every day, correct? I could be wrong here...we might still be on nude lips but we can still run the one & done for a year challenge, simultaneously. If you repeat a shade because you just love it or your circumstance requires it---no big deal.

Are we starting the Taupe e/s challenge now---a two week run???

Shars

Okay so we're done with color specific weeks and we're onto whatever lipstick that we want, as long as we use a different one every day, correct? I could be wrong here...we might still be on nude lips but we can still run the one & done for a year challenge, simultaneously. If you repeat a shade because you just love it or your circumstance requires it---no big deal.

Are we starting the Taupe e/s challenge now---a two week run???
I think the nude lips ended NYE and I think the Taupe e/s started yesterday... at least I started yesterday lol and I'm happy to do two weeks with exceptions on Sundays as that's my high colour day haha. I'm up for starting our "New Day, Different Lipstick" challenge from now also.

Jaymuhlee

Happy New Year! I don't know how it happens but I always manage to skip over this thread... I hope you ladies will have me back. I'm all in for wearing a different lipstick each day this year (till repeats are needed thanks to finally downsizing!!), and I'm totally on board for taupe eyes. I rarely wear them and I know I have A LOT.

Shars

Happy New Year! I don't know how it happens but I always manage to skip over this thread... I hope you ladies will have me back. I'll all in for wearing a different lipstick each day this year (till repeats are needed thanks to finally downsizing!!), and I'm totally on board for taupe eyes. I rarely wear them and I know I have A LOT.
wavey.gif
Welcome back with arms wide open!

sagehen

[COLOR=0000FF]Okay so we're done with color specific weeks and we're onto whatever lipstick that we want, as long as we use a different one every day, correct? I could be wrong here...we might still be on nude lips but we can still run the one & done for a year challenge, simultaneously.   If you repeat a shade because you just love it [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]or your circumstance requires it---no big deal. [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Are we starting the Taupe e/s challenge now---a two week run???   [/COLOR]
I started taupe eyes today, because I didn't wear any mu yesterday. But I am down for the two-week run and I am starting different color daily lips today as well. I swear tomorrow I am wearing some outrageous color. I have been dying to.

Latest posts