Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Happy New Year! I don't know how it happens but I always manage to skip over this thread... I hope you ladies will have me back. I'm all in for wearing a different lipstick each day this year (till repeats are needed thanks to finally downsizing!!), and I'm totally on board for taupe eyes. I rarely wear them and I know I have A LOT.
Hi there Jay.
th_welcomeback2.png
There's no expiration date on this thread, and we're delighted to see you! Happy New Year!!!!

Medgal07

I started taupe eyes today, because I didn't wear any mu yesterday. But I am down for the two-week run and I am starting different color daily lips today as well. I swear tomorrow I am wearing some outrageous color. I have been dying to.
I'm starting too Sage. That must be how it feels to be released from prison---tired of that orange jumpsuit and ready to wear blue jeans or something!!!

sagehen

[COLOR=0000FF] I'm starting too Sage.  That must be how it feels to be released from prison---tired of that orange jumpsuit and ready to wear blue jeans or something!!![/COLOR]
LOL I just copped a few Macaron lipsticks from NYX and some bright shades from Ka'oir and they keep staring at me, wondering why they get no love. I've no idea why but spring has sprung early in my mind. It's the dead of winter, frost everywhere, snow 15 minutes from me and I have bright yellow and blue nails and want bright colors in my face. Watch, in Spring I will be wearing vampy colors or some such.

Shars

LOL I just copped a few Macaron lipsticks from NYX and some bright shades from Ka'oir and they keep staring at me, wondering why they get no love. I've no idea why but spring has sprung early in my mind. It's the dead of winter, frost everywhere, snow 15 minutes from me and I have bright yellow and blue nails and want bright colors in my face. Watch, in Spring I will be wearing vampy colors or some such.
girlhaha.gif

Well, do what you feel to do! I'm sure your lippies will be grateful for the love :)

Prettypackages

Gorgeous ladies.
I need to look at that Armani palette and get Angela.

I didn't wear any makeup this week until NYE. Went out for the first time in two years.

I had a combination of lipstick. Started of with the red MJ Pop listick in (IDK the label wore off LOL) and TF Lips and Boys Alejandro... Alejandro doesn't work well with drinking and eating, so I then layered MJ with Melt Belladonna 2 OMG LOVE IT. I completely forgot my liners which is why I was layering these.

I did taupe color from UD Naked 1 with a darker brown in the corner I used Hustle in the outer corner and sidecar on the lid and espresso in the crease and BB Taupe in the transition.

I used the riri blush and lil lightscapade to highlight, but I can't see it any of my pics... I'm still learning this highlighting thing. LOL

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys I was excited about my new foundation find. I've been going through my stash and struggling to find a good match since, Octoberish. So this isn't a new foundation but I rediscovered it. I realized I'm slightly Olive. I even started looking at Indian Women to see what they were wearing. There's a UK brand I can't wait to find.
So I was discussing this with MissTT and she reminded that Iman's Stick Foundation in Clay was olive. I remember buying it years ago and returning it b/c the color didn't compare to my BB brown sitck in golden 6. (rolls eyes) anywho, I got Clay 1 and Clay 2 (I think I'm a mixture of the two) sure enough they are green, (I see why I returned it) but somehow it works... I was really impressed with the finish too. It was like makeup but no makeup look. Not an overly made up look. I though this must be what foundation looks like when it is the right undertone. So I'm happy for now. We'll see how long it last. Oh and the Clay 3 was a little orangey/red. I hope it will be the perfect Summer shade for me. That was odd to me. I looked for a ton of reviews and almost everyone loved it.
I want to try some of the other formulas, it wasn't as long lasting as others said it would be. Well, on me at least. I sweat standing in a crowded room (yes I'm the girl on the dance floor with a fan).

The powders were weird, they were very red and orange. The concealers did not work for me. Once again, I'm still inbtwn colors with this line like the others.

Prettypackages

Happy New Year! I don't know how it happens but I always manage to skip over this thread... I hope you ladies will have me back. I'm all in for wearing a different lipstick each day this year (till repeats are needed thanks to finally downsizing!!), and I'm totally on board for taupe eyes. I rarely wear them and I know I have A LOT.

I guess I'll welcome you back ;-D LOL Looking forward to seeing your lippies.
Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

LOL that's funny...

No makeup today, another ten hour day.... but you know I always do my makeup in the car, but b/c there is no traffic b/c of the Holiday, I haven't put on makeup.... and get up early? LOL Not going to happen.

I have a gift card from khols I forgot about, guess who is picking up that Cargo color.... One more taupe on the list. LOL

Shars

Gorgeous. I want to try this.
LOL at 130pm. Were you at the same house party I was at? LOL

yes, yes and yes...

LOL that's funny...

No makeup today, another ten hour day.... but you know I always do my makeup in the car, but b/c there is no traffic b/c of the Holiday, I haven't put on makeup.... and get up early? LOL Not going to happen.

I have a gift card from khols I forgot about, guess who is picking up that Cargo color.... One more taupe on the list. LOL
lmao.gif
I probably was lol!

sagehen

No makeup today, another ten hour day....  but you know I always do my makeup in the car, but b/c there is no traffic b/c of the Holiday, I haven't put on makeup.... and get up early? LOL  Not going to happen. 
I have this exact problem. I have been missing things like bronzer and mascara, and have been coming to work looking REAL unfinished lol.

Medgal07

yes, yes and yes...

LOL that's funny...

Thanks Pretty! It's a good thing because I'm wearing a vampy lip (Guerlain 'Rouge G l'Extrait' Lip Color, Orguiel, M69, Burgundy) which I LOVE so much with taupe &
gray eyeshadow
th_DANCE.gif

I'm starting my list of lippies starting with yesterday's nude lippie. If I don't document it I will NEVER be able to keep up. I'm so excited about this!!!

I can relate about choosing more sleep over makeup. I used to get up at 4:45 AM to run a few miles at a track before going to work.
icon_eek.gif
Who was that woman???
girlhaha.gif

Yay for new taupe eyeshadow Pretty!!!

aradhana

yes, yes and yes...

LOL that's funny...

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

I have this exact problem. I have been missing things like bronzer and mascara, and have been coming to work looking REAL unfinished lol.
do you guys apply eyeliner and mascara in the car? i've always wondered how people do it without jabbing themselves in the eye?!

Shars

Thanks Pretty! It's a good thing because I'm wearing a vampy lip (Guerlain 'Rouge G l'Extrait' Lip Color, Orguiel, M69, Burgundy) which I LOVE so much with taupe &
gray eyeshadow
th_DANCE.gif

I'm starting my list of lippies starting with yesterday's nude lippie. If I don't document it I will NEVER be able to keep up. I'm so excited about this!!!

I can relate about choosing more sleep over makeup. I used to get up at 4:45 AM to run a few miles at a track before going to work.
icon_eek.gif
Who was that woman???
girlhaha.gif

Yay for new taupe eyeshadow Pretty!!!

lmao.gif
I feel you on that. I used to get up at 5 am to run as well and by 10am I'd be falling asleep! My body wasn't about that life lol.

Shars

thanks for mentioning these! i like reading what other people have and being reminded of what's in my collection for the challenge.
wow 1:30pm! that must have been a great party. :)

i was out till 5:30, which I can't even believe I survived that long!

yay! ready for Two Weeks of Taupe!

i'm going to look up those Clay foundations. i think i must be kinda olive cuz i'm always saying i see green in my face when i wear orange...and usually foundations are either too yellow, too pink or too orange.

do you guys apply eyeliner and mascara in the car? i've always wondered how people do it without jabbing themselves in the eye?!
I don't know how I did it either lol. Last year I couldn't make it past 4:30. I did take a 2 hr nap though but I was falling asleep for the rest of the day
thud.gif

aradhana

that was me today, i did indeed replace SiS with Absolute Power.

The blush isn't showing for whatever weird reason, and in fact my lipstick was NOT crooked (i had to check after i took this pic). just wanted to show you how the eyes looked.

Vineetha

that was me today, i did indeed replace SiS with Absolute Power. The blush isn't showing for whatever weird reason, and in fact my lipstick was NOT crooked (i had to check after i took this pic). just wanted to show you how the eyes looked.
That's a really pretty look Aradhana!!!

Shars

The blush isn't showing for whatever weird reason, and in fact my lipstick was NOT crooked (i had to check after i took this pic). just wanted to show you how the eyes looked.
I like it! Absolute Power is my favourite red lipstick!!

Medgal07

You look beautiful Aradhana!!! Love the rich red w/your dark hair!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
that was me today, i did indeed replace SiS with Absolute Power. The blush isn't showing for whatever weird reason, and in fact my lipstick was NOT crooked (i had to check after i took this pic). just wanted to show you how the eyes looked.
You look gorgeous. I like the deep red lip with your skin and the smoky eye. Thanks for posting the video on how to do this sort of look for hooded eyes as well. I need that. I'm trying out my new Armani eye tint again today with Burberry Pale Barley and three of the shades from Dior Cuir Cannage (light peach, deep taupe and black-brown). I like the look, although it's really just a warmer, browner take on what I did before. This time, I have it paired with Nars Outlaw blush and Guerlain Gracy Rouge G. I really like this lip and blush combination. The pink tones in both really complement one another. It's my first time trying this out, since I just picked up Gracy recently, but I'm going to make a note to use it again.