This world...

Tinkerbell4726

I swear everyday this world gets a little sicker, a little more unberable to read up on. I don't know if any of you guys heard about that little girl in California who they found dead yesterday. Hearing stuff like this truly makes me stomach turn and tears run down my face.

I swear everyday there is more sick, unimaginable things that happen and for me, it plauges me. Having kids one day is the BIGGEST dream I have, and the mere thought of something like this makes that dream seem so scary. I wonder each day if it is worth it bringing a child into this world when there is so many sick individuals out there.

This is a very random, depressing rant but I just can't wrap my head around how crazy and messed up this place is. It truly shakes my core the thought of this happening to any child, person, family.

stronqerx

I know exactly how you feel. I really want kids one day too, but then I think....how much worse are things going to be in 5 yrs? Idk, sometimes I just think..who cares as long as I take good care of them and protect them and give them love. I try not to let this world get a hold on me. Idk if you believe in god or whatever, but I just keep faith in the lord and that keeps me strong. Sometimes it's good to hold on to the good things, and remember though yes things are pretty crappy in this life, there's always some good things and people still around ya know?

Skin*Deep

I just got done reading about that and then having a talk with my six year old about strangers. so crazy that this was the first thing I read when I got here. I have a three year old too, and sometimes it is scary to leave them at school or even at grandma's. I explain things to them at their level, that there are bad people in the world that will try to hurt them for no reason, thats why they never open the door, go to the mailbox alone, etc. I try to randomly talk to them about what they would do if someone asked them to come see their new puppy, or help them carry candy in from the car, things like that. I try not to lecture and scare them, but I cannot sugarcoat it, because I need to make sure they understand. It is a sick sick world and all we can do for our children is educate them so they cannot be tricked, surround them with people that love them, and nurture their confidence and self esteem so they become what predators are not looking for: in charge, aware, and skeptical.

TISH1124

Anything that has to do with child abuse bothers me...However I have to be honest and say we as parents have to take responsibility for our children. We all know the kind of world we live in. My son is never allowed out of my site for extended amounts of time and he is 7...Even playing in the backyard I am constantly looking out the kitchen window to make sure he is okay.

Allowing a 7-8 year old to just be gone to a friends house down the street for 6 hours without having them back at home checking in just bothers me....I mean she came home from school at @3pm...left to go play with a friend...then when she was not home at 8-8:30 they started to look for her....Excuse me but who does that....at that age my child must have supervision...I am not trusting of people to allow my baby to be out of sight and out of mind playing for that long without physically seeing him/her. If my son goes to a neighbor...I call the parents when he gets there and the parent calls me when he is leaving there...and this is just across the street.

I just don't get how parents are so trusting of their precious ones with all the crazies in the world.

iadoremac

I agree with Tish, why couldnt her parents walk her to her friends and pick her up. whenever my brother has friends over my parents dont let them go back home by themselves we always take them back home and when my brother goes visiting even if its across the street we take him there and walk him back and my brother is 14 not to talk of a child thats barely 10

TISH1124

^^^ barely 10...even worse she was only 8 years old...No 8 y/o should be allowed that much freedom...The mom said the Trailer part was pretty safe....Obvioulsy she has not watched the news of all the other little girls that have been abducted from trailer parks whose parents thought the same thing.

Tinkerbell4726

Maybe it's my anxiety playing in but even when my 17 year old brothers (twins that are specially handicapped) go outside or wanna walk to a friends I get so anxious and nervous, more so than my mom. They have and always will be babies to me. And mentally and physically handicapped children are more so to be abused or abducted because they don't always have the capacity to speak up, or realize what is going on is wrong.

I know my future children are gonna think I'm a big pita because I know I am going to be so overprotective, but how else can you be?

leenybeeny

I don't have kids, but I have a lot of nieces and nephews and I feel so scared for them. Luckily my family is all old school west indian and they make sure that they know where the kids are. Call the parents, make sure they arrived, etc. So many people now don't even know the parents of their kids friends. My parents had to meet my friends parents before I was even allowed to go over to their place. Yes, embarassing at times, but I think it's important to have trust between the families.

iadoremac

8 OMG. Even if the people living in the area are decent folks nothing stops a stranger from coming into the environment. I feel parents need to be alot more responsible. I am 25 and i swear if my father had his way he would not let me out of the house period......thats how protective he is and when i go out at night or i am working late my folks dont sleep till i get back. IMO an 8 year old should not go out w/o her parents or a babysitter.
Things like this make me so angry and it happens almost every week in the UK

Tinkerbell4726

I'm glad to know I'm not overreacting by getting upset by this. It just really breaks me heart and my spirit to even imagine what all these missing, murdered children go thru. It gets to the point where even as an adult I feel scared for myself and the future.

iadoremac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell4726
Maybe it's my anxiety playing in but even when my 17 year old brothers (twins that are specially handicapped) go outside or wanna walk to a friends I get so anxious and nervous, more so than my mom. They have and always will be babies to me. And mentally and physically handicapped children are more so to be abused or abducted because they don't always have the capacity to speak up, or realize what is going on is wrong.

I know my future children are gonna think I'm a big pita because I know I am going to be so overprotective, but how else can you be?

Exactly I still hold my brothers hand when we go out and he's 14 and taller than me but i'm like hell no i am not letting you out of my sight.

n_c

This is crazy, poor baby. I blame the mother, Sandra went unsupervised for long periods of time. The dumb ass mother waited 4 HOURS before calling the police to report her missing daughter. WTF.I have a 10 year old girl and I NEVER let more than 10 minutes go by without checking on her. So SAD.

stronqerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
Exactly I still hold my brothers hand when we go out and he's 14 and taller than me but i'm like hell no i am not letting you out of my sight.

lol this is me with my 13 yr old baby sister (a big baby, shes taller than me and looks like shes 16...she has bigger boobs than me
cry.gif
). I hold her hand to cross the street and she just blushes
tong.gif
. I don't care to me shes still a baby, and it really bothers me when men stare at her, it's truly disturbing.

Mizz.Coppertone

Ugh I just heard they found her body a little bit ago, it gave me tears to my eyes. She was around my lil girls age and the photos of her reminded me of her
ssad.gif
. I don't even want to think about it anymore it's so heartbreaking.

She was such a beautiful little girl.
ssad.gif

LMD84

there are terrible things that are happening in the world at the moment. in the uk 2 10-11 year old children tortured for 2 hours a younger boy. they burnt him, cut him, burnt his clothes and who knows what else. and teh worst part is that when the police contacted the mother of the 2 attackers she said that it was nothing to do with her and that she couldn't control them! what the hell?! seriously insane

sharkbytes

I'm not saying that the mother deserved what happened, no one ever deserves to get that phone call about their baby. But honestly, I think she was a little too relaxed when it came to the safety of her child.

I'm 27 years old, and if my mother's around and I decide i want to take a bath, she still knocks on the door halfway through to make sure I didn't drown in the tub, lol. It's sort of a family joke now, but in this day and age you can never just assume that "down the block" is safe, or that a child is grown enough to walk home alone.

That mother had a responsibility to keep her *own* eyes on her child, and sadly, she's paid the ultimate price for poor judgment. My heart bleeds for that little girl, and I feel sick over it. I know when I see my mom later on, I'm giving her a big hug.

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
lol this is me with my 13 yr old baby sister (a big baby, shes taller than me and looks like shes 16...she has bigger boobs than me
cry.gif
). I hold her hand to cross the street and she just blushes
tong.gif
. I don't care to me shes still a baby, and it really bothers me when men stare at her, it's truly disturbing.

aww thats so sweet. Im like that with my baby sisters and brothers( I have 11 siblings) but I dont give a shit! I love them. Its sad that not everyone believes in things like this

Ernie

I'm always in contact with my almost 18yo son. That's why he has a cell phone and I pay for it. I always know where and who he's with.

I feel terrible for the parents, they'll never be able to forgive themselves.

In my neighborhood I see elementary school children walking to and from school....alone. Makes me so upset. Some of these kids are so small.

Latest posts