Thoughts on TLCs?

Julie

I was wondering if MAC tinted lip conditioners are worth buying in either pot or stick form. I havent' tried them and was hoping someone could tell me how they work and how much color they deposit on lips? I seen some Neutrogena ones in a magazine and they look pretty so I was wondering if I should save some money and just buy them. Thanks!

Janice

I really like both, but I prefer the texture and silkiness of the pot form.
smiles.gif
IMO they are worth it!

Juneplum

ditto to what janice said... i also love them both but the pot form IS a lot silkier than the stick form..

Alison

I like the stick in Mon Cherry. I haven't tried the pots because I prefer lip products in a stick form. I find it smooth and glossy with a hint of colour.

ladybugz07

I just bought my first MAC tlc and I love it!!! It's virtuous violet in the pot form and it leaves a lovely plum color on my lips....
smiles.gif

thenumberdevil

i have fuchsia fix in the pot, and i love it to death. perfect amount of pink. the stick ones aren't pigmented enough for me.

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

I also have the fushsia in the pot and love it. I think it looks a lot brighter in the tub, though. The sticks go on like clear chapstick on me! I'd rather buy a .99 cent chapstick than a $14 stick with no pigmentation.

sassy*girl

I got AngelKiss and I like it. It kinda makes my lips more nude. Anyway, the sticks are okay, but I find Normal Chapstick or SoftLips more conditioning. They don't deposit too much color, but I guess that might depend on how naturally pigmented your lips are.

Juneplum

i love mon cherry and juicy pink in stick form, and soothing beige, fuschia fix and plum perfect in pot form..

AlliSwan

Pretty much just reiterating what the other girls said, I LOVE the clear pot because it's got a slight whitener in it that glazes my lips nicely, and the coral pot is also very pretty for me in the summer. The sticks? Not impressed. Didn't smell as great as the pots, almost no color, and not nearly as hydrating. I think the clear pot is one of the best lip conditioners I've ever tried, better than Blistex, Smith's Rosebud, etc. The pot doesn't make me feel addicted and like I NEED to reapply every couple hours.

mrsdivajen

I've never TRIED the sticks, but I DO like the pots a lot. Different consistency than any other MAC item, but great pigmentation...I'd say, yeah...worth buying!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout
Can anyone compare these to Aveda Lip Tints?

I used to use Aveda's Lip Tints, I have not tried the Lip Conditioner in the stick form, but I have tried the one in the pot, I like it better. Instead of a minty scent, it smells like frosting and doesn't tingle. Love it!

Dia

I have Plum Perfect (pot) and I absolutely love it. The only time it leaves my purse is to go on my lips lol.

Cygnette

For the sticks, the only ones that seem to have much of a color payoff are Malted and Mon Cherry. In general, I think the pots are better, and the sticks are also kinda overpriced.
th_confused_new.gif

Sushi_Flower

I seem to be slowly making my way to all the different products, seems like there's always going to be something you haven't tried!

What do people think of the TLCs? I'm really not a lipbalm person, i need colour on my lip so i prefer just to have gloss on and that works as a lipbalm for me too.

But these pots are cute and they are tinted (lol probably not enough for my lips though) and i'd like to have one soon if they are worth it.

Latest posts