Thoughts on TLCs?

72Cosmo

I personally like the TLC's better than the gloss. I only have a couple of the TLC's, Luella, Pink Pink and summerfete. They stay on me better than the gloss.

koolkatz

I like these, but if you like the gloss I would just stick with those. These won't be tinted enough for you, it sounds like. They do have SPF though!

midnightlouise

I love my TLCs! I love the scent & the feel of them on my lips
greengrin.gif
I only have 3 or 4, but I plan on getting more. Some are more pigmented than others of course, but the SPF is a big factor in their favor! All the ones I have are pretty light, but I'm sure another lovely specktra-er (spectre? lol!) could advise you on which are the darkest if you wanted to try one out
smiles.gif

V2LUCKY

I love my TLCs I have both Luella ones and they give just enough tint on lips when I'm beling lazy or don't want too much. I can't wait for the Disney TLCs those are going to be beautiful!

ruby_soho

I only own one TLC, but I really like it. The texture reminds me of Lipgelees, really silky. I think you should buy one and try it, they last forever because so little goes a long way. If nothing else, it would be good to wear under Lipglass to keep your lips supple, and stop the gloss from glooping up.

user3

I personally love the TLC's. I don't so much like the pot but I will deal with it. I do have one in the stick form but I don't find it to be as moisturizing.
TLC's are my no fail, keep my lips looking great lip product. They don't feel heavy on my lips and they are not too slippery.

mima

just wanted to add my raves to this thread...i bought the plum perfect TLC (in the pot) the day it came out, aages ago, and have used it pretty much non-stop ever since. i LOVE it so much it never leaves my purse. people have bought it after seeing it on me! i find it good at moisturizing too. i bought one of the stick ones but returned it the next day because it was awful. no colour payoff, not that good at moisturizing, and after just 2 uses it started to bend to one side in the tube. also, i didn't like the packaging. since then i own and love aquamelon. i still haven't used my luellas, and i don't really like baumy bronze as much as i thought. anyway, GET one! the original tinted ones in the pot have good colour payoff, even for pigmented lips. the LE ones from the summer were more sheer, but shimmery. and the ones in the sticks were awful! i recently got the clear lip conditioner in the pot but haven't tried it yet.

Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
Pretty much just reiterating what the other girls said, I LOVE the clear pot because it's got a slight whitener in it that glazes my lips nicely, and the coral pot is also very pretty for me in the summer. The sticks? Not impressed. Didn't smell as great as the pots, almost no color, and not nearly as hydrating. I think the clear pot is one of the best lip conditioners I've ever tried, better than Blistex, Smith's Rosebud, etc. The pot doesn't make me feel addicted and like I NEED to reapply every couple hours.

Thanks to that review you've caused me to go out and buy some tommorow, haha.

Jennifer Mcfly

I love the pot form! I have Fuscia Fix, Gentle Coral, and the Plum one. I love them all, they feel like butta on the lips and have a sheer hint of color. The work amazing under lipglass to keep them from getting too goopy. I don't like the stick form, I have the clear but never use it. If you want the clear, I'd recommend the lip conditioner in the tube, the formula of that one is just like the pot form!!! I love it!

misswillow

I love the TLC's, and wear them every single day! Even if I start out with another gloss, I end up with one of these on because I can apply it without looking, it leaves a pretty but subtle colour, and it leaves my lips feeling soft. I love Summerfete (but it was LE) and Aquamelon
smiles.gif

kateisgreat

I love them!
I have Virtous Violet, Gentle Coral and Summerfete
They're so silky and they smell so good!

moonrevel

It makes me so sad that everyone else loves the TLCs and I hate them.
ssad.gif
I think they look and smell lovely, but for some reason I am super sensitive to the taste of the SPF. I don't know what it is, but no matter how hard I try, it gets in my mouth and makes me want to throw up. I'm going to try to bite the bullet again with the Disney ones (just because I love fish, so the merging of fish and MAC is irresistable), but I dread the SPF taste!

leppy

My skin is super pale, and when my lips are dry they look like they have pretty much no pigment. I find Mon Cherry to be the perfect amount of tint, it basically looks like I just scrubbed my lips with a toothbrush (so they were smooth & full of color) and then applied vaseline.

I felt like I was getting more of my monies worth with the pots, but the colour I chose (plum perfect) is really too much on me so I rarely use it. I guess I'm one of those few people that are happy about the lack of pigment in the sticks.