• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tightlining, pretty please? (link to tutorial included)

hp11989

I really want to learn how to tightline, but I just can't visulize it. A close-up tutorial with lots of photos sure would help!

Thanks you so much to whomever would post this for me and any other interested :)

glittergoddess27

Wow I have been doing that for years too,.. Makeup Artist Robert Jones showed me that trick but I didnt know it had a name,.... really cool. Beauty Marked and blacktrack work really well for this.

Shawna

I did this today with rich ground (my eyelashes are really dark brown) and wow, it's so pretty, yet neutral. It hardly looks like I'm wearing makeup at all. Thanks for the link.

Sushi_Flower

I wouldn't reccomend it for small eyes though as it makes them look much smaller especially if you're then not going to line above the lashes like normal which opens up eyes.

hp11989

Thanks, Starlight, but she didn't really show what she did, and I simply cannot see any difference between the before and after photos (I'm 44 and becoming myopic!). So, what's all the hoo-hah about tightlining about (unless someone from here would like to reply to my plea for a blow-by-blow, close-up photo tutorial)?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I wouldn't reccomend it for small eyes though as it makes them look much smaller especially if you're then not going to line above the lashes like normal which opens up eyes.

I disagree, tightlining really opens up my small eyes and is a reccomended lining technique for small eyes.

starlight502

It is so hard to get good photos for a tutorial with this! But i can tell you that the brush is KEY to it. a mac sa used a powerpoint pencil to get inbetween my lashes too, it was a good fx but i liked the brush more.

next time you are at the counter, get a little demo i am sure you will love it!

hp11989

Thankls again! I was going to try either a liquid eyeliner or the MAC 208 angled brush with a powder shadow for this. Is that OK?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp11989
Thankls again! I was going to try either a liquid eyeliner or the MAC 208 angled brush with a powder shadow for this. Is that OK?

You can use a powder shadow just make sure it and the brush are properly dampened, I wouldn't reccomend an angled brush. You'll need a straight fairly stiff brush to really get in the lashline. You can always try it though and see how it comes out.
smiles.gif

BaDaSs llTiNall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I disagree, tightlining really opens up my small eyes and is a reccomended lining technique for small eyes.

i disagree too... i have small eyes and i ALWAYS use that technique to make my eyes look a little bigger hehehe

sassy*girl

Quote:
Heehee i've been doing this technique for years without even realising it was some 'special technique'.

haha, yeah i've done it before but i never knew there was a name for it!
thanks for the link
smiles.gif

tracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriamgo
So what MAC brush would be best for this technique?

Maybe the 212 flat definer, just wiggle it into the lashes instead of stroking it out.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDaSs llTiNall
i disagree too... i have small eyes and i ALWAYS use that technique to make my eyes look a bigger hehehe

Really? Do you guys line the above lashes aswell afterwards? Because i find that only lining above lashes makes my eyes stand out and look bigger. My eyes are so so tiny which i hate.

BaDaSs llTiNall

Quote:
Really? Do you guys line the above lashes aswell afterwards? Because i find that only lining above lashes makes my eyes stand out and look bigger. My eyes are so so tiny which i hate.

yea i do but very thin ...i also line where my lashes come out(when im not wearing liner on the lid)
smiles.gif
i try to avoid using eyeliner...i like my eyeshadows to show