• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tightlining, pretty please? (link to tutorial included)

JoJo

my eyeliner tends to smudge quite badly when i use tightlining...
ssad.gif
is this the inevitable? or is there any special tips to minimise this? TIA!

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I wouldn't reccomend it for small eyes though as it makes them look much smaller especially if you're then not going to line above the lashes like normal which opens up eyes.

yeah im gonna strongly disagree with that, i dont leave my house unless i tightline!

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Really? Do you guys line the above lashes aswell afterwards? Because i find that only lining above lashes makes my eyes stand out and look bigger. My eyes are so so tiny which i hate.

i dont line above my lashes, i feel that sometimes people believe that it makes smaller eyes look bigger when i think it makes the lid look a little weighed down sometimes

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriamgo
So what MAC brush would be best for this technique?

The small angle or that strange looking little flat one. They work well,.. this is just a hard process to do a tutorial of when you can't really see anything in the pic except someone sticking a brush directly on their lashline from underneath and wiggling it. I did take some pics last time I was making a FOTD but you couldnt tell what I was doing.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp11989
Thanks, Starlight, but she didn't really show what she did, and I simply cannot see any difference between the before and after photos (I'm 44 and becoming myopic!). So, what's all the hoo-hah about tightlining about (unless someone from here would like to reply to my plea for a blow-by-blow, close-up photo tutorial)?

Yeah I didn't see a difference either between the before and after pics.

glitzgal97

yea the before and after pictures look pretty similar to me too! zap2it's pictures show the difference more clearly
smiles.gif

cloverette

haha, i've been doing this for a long time, too, and didn't know it had a name! however, i do it with an eyeliner. great effect!

MACActress

While I don't use a brush, whenever I line my eyes for every day I do this. I had no idea it was special, I thought I was just putting my eyeliner in a different place. Sometimes it can sting if you slip, but liquid eyeliner works for me.

Raerae

Heh...

I do a similar technique with my eyeliner...

I just use a pencil, angle it up in my eye socket, close my eye and drag the pencil from the inner corner to the outer corner of my eye.... This lines the upper waterline, as well as the location they were talking about regarding the "tightline"

I dont use any liner above my lashes, it doesn't look good on my eyes. But I can see a distinct difference in how my eyes look when i line the upper inside, and when I dont.

star1692

Thisis am awesome technique. I'm glad I found this post cause I this it really does bring out my eyes and makes my lashes look much thicker....Thanks girls!

Pale Moon

lovalotz, I wear contacts too yet I do tight lining. You should give it a try.
smiles.gif
It looks so much more natural than lining above lashes.

mimo__

Would this be difficult to remove? That's the one thing I hate about eyeliner. You draw it too close to the lashline and you can't find out to remove it completely! Like completely-completely...

hickle

I don't think it's that much more difficult to remove than any other style of lining. Just get in there with a Q-tip. That's what I always do.

BigMac

Yes, I agree. I've tried it before, but it sort of smears off after I blink too many times. Is it necessary to use waterproof eyeliner? That seems to smear also, and it's a pain to touch up.