Tinted Moisturizers - Discussion & Recommendations

itwinkles

I absolutely highly recommend Laura Mercier's ! So lightwight and has good coverage for that natural finish
winkiss.gif

MissTiffany2U

Tarte Smooth Operator. This stuff is HG for me... Its SPF 20, formulated without nasty chemicals and is a perfect color match. LOVE it

ElvenEyes

I was using Clinique's and felt happy with it until I broke out my Laura Mercier. The latter goes on like silk and so evenly and much nicer looking in the end. Now it is my HG TM!

MissxMetal

Clinique's Moisture Surge TM is AMAZING!!! ElvenEyes, I agree. It it so smooth and offers really good coverage but it stays so light. It even works amazingly on my incredibly oily skin

Amber Dawn

I have the LM one, but I don't really know if it does anything, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't usually wear foundation anyways, and if I do it's usually just a powder.

tismama

everyone raves about the laura mercier but i didnt find it anything special. it broke me out and i didn't appreciate that. i since swapped it out.
i really like Tarte's Smooth Operator, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, and MAC's Studio Moisture Tint

Eisleyan

OCC Tint is amazing, especially for sensitive skin as it's oil/silicone free! great shade range too

macupsjf

The MAC tinted moisturizer combined with the mineralize skinfinish powder dusted over for setting is my go to... tint is $30 and the skinfin is $29. I have heard really good things about laura mercier tinted moisturizer but have yet to try it... i'll have to get on that. Hope you find the right one for you.

erinkane

I love the new BB cream by Garnier. It has SPF in it and provides a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but is just as light.

tfisher07

I like the new NYX BB cream that is light like a moisturizer but also tinted. And the best drug store BB cream I have found is the Garnier BB cream. It is awesome!

MsReanna

Can anyone recommend a good tinted moisturizer for my oily skin? Also does anyone know the equivalent tinted moisturizer tones for MAC C7/NC 45 skintones?

infinitize

The only ones I have tried are the Laura Mercier and Nars.
I have heard that the oil free version of LM is better, but their original kind wasn't that great.

it was light weight, had some coverage, and had a good range of colors, but they did accentuate a bit of pores and made the skin texture look not so even.
I think mixing some primers in them make them a bit better, but it still isn't that flattering in my opinion

Nars was a big disappointment.
the lightest color was darker than Sheer Glow Gobi, it was thick and heavy; never blended into the skin. for how low rating their SPF is, I rather use their sheer glow foundation.

try bb creams and/or cc creams. They have higher SPF coverage, and is lighter weight usually.
I like Klair's illuminating bb cream, Bobbi Brown's bb cream, Banila.co CC cushion, and Giorgio armani's CC cream

I prefer tinted moisturizers to foundations, so I rotate through quite a few:

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser SPF 30

TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint SPF20 (Oil Free)

Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

Does anyone know of any US stores that ship Jouer to Australia?

I am buying it from fresh fragrances and cosmetics, but its so pricey in Australia. If anyone knows of any US stores that ship to AUS that would be great!

Oh, i've also been using the bare mineral primer in tinted, it has decent coverage and could be used alone with bronzer!

Erica53094

Mac Prep and Prime BB cream. I have oily skin and this one worked nicely for me and it has an impressive amt of spf (30) LM illuminating tinted moisturizer. Worth every penny but I like to mix it w reg. foundation bc it is too shimmery alone imo