Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Ikram

Good luck Ikram- I hope you find the card! I have somehow misplaced one of my Armani ETK shadows and I know how frustrating it can be to know that you have something in your home, but still not be able to find it.
Yes I did find it, 2 days before expiration date. I got Tom Ford cheek brush with it. It is awesome, really great brush, love it more than the bronzer brush.

Shypo

I'm really disappointed that the spring collection is so ho hum. YSL even re-promoted existing quads. Oh well, more money for other collections I guess.

Ikram - glad you like your cheek brush!!

Haven

I am dissapointed in this collection as well. Hopefully there will be more products that just have not been promoted yet. Or maybe an amazing new summer collection?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Swatches of a few of the sheer lip shades.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/tom-ford-lip-color-shine-collection.html

They look nice enough, but even Chanel's Rouge Coco Shines are less expensive and there are brands that offer things that look quite similar.

sweetscent

i wonder why they don't have some nice pretty light pink in cool tone..
huh2.gif
the frantic pink is warm tone peachy pink on my skin & wicked is way too much pigmented for me....

Neicy

I LOVE the new lipsticks, they may have been done before, but TF has done them the best.
I got the color Smitten, it was freezing in NYC and they lipstick was plush and cushy. It is thicker and more hydrating than the RCS's and Guerlain's . I started with the color Smitten and want all of them. I will layer them over my regular TF lipsticks, but they have enough pigment to stand on their own.

Also TF spring/ summer is not out yet. There will be gorgeous cream/ liquid highlighters and a pretty pink pearl gloss!

Haven

I LOVE the new lipsticks, they may have been done before, but TF has done them the best.
I got the color Smitten, it was freezing in NYC and they lipstick was plush and cushy. It is thicker and more hydrating than the RCS's and Guerlain's . I started with the color Smitten and want all of them. I will layer them over my regular TF lipsticks, but they have enough pigment to stand on their own.

Also TF spring/ summer is not out yet. There will be gorgeous cream/ liquid highlighters and a pretty pink pearl gloss!
How is the wear time for the new TF ls? Is is better than Chanel's RCS?

Neicy

How is the wear time for the new TF ls? Is is better than Chanel's RCS?
H Haven , much better for me, but not as much at all like the original lipsticks. Those wear so well for me . My lips are so so dry that any lip products gets eaten by my lips in the winter. So everything goes quick.In the summer wear time is much better. Chanel has pretty colors, but not that hydrating at all.

I am happy to have a sheer lipstick that feels better and thicker than Chanel's. They are expensive and yes they will go much faster than the classic lipstick that is pure pigment. It is a luxury brand and these are the product the consumer is looking for , so all companies will want to jump on that. :)

Miss QQ

H Haven , much better for me, but not as much at all like the original lipsticks. Those wear so well for me . My lips are so so dry that any lip products gets eaten by my lips in the winter. So everything goes quick.In the summer wear time is much better. Chanel has pretty colors, but not that hydrating at all.
I am happy to have a sheer lipstick that feels better and thicker than Chanel's. They are expensive and yes they will go much faster than the classic lipstick that is pure pigment. It is a luxury brand and these are the product the consumer is looking for , so all companies will want to jump on that. :)
Thanks for the review, I'm excited to try the new lipstick! Do they feel and look like Armani Rouge d'Armani sheer? My lips are very dry too. Maybe I can start with Quiver, but I'm not sure if my counter will get them. Chanel RCS is drying for me, but Chanel is reformulating it so maybe they will be more moisturising.

Haven

Thank you for the review! I am hoping to pick one of these up this weekend to try.

Haven

I picked up three of the new ls yesterday at NM - Nubile, Isidious, and Smitten. I played with them a little last night. They feel more creamy & luxurious than RCS, but the overall effect of these is very similar to RCS (at least on my lips). I didn't actually get to do a wear test, so I am going to try to do one today.

Miss QQ

^^ Can't wait to hear about it! Hope you love them on!

I went to the counter on Saturday and they didn't have the new lip shines.

sweetscent

I picked up three of the new ls yesterday at NM - Nubile, Isidious, and Smitten. I played with them a little last night. They feel more creamy & luxurious than RCS, but the overall effect of these is very similar to RCS (at least on my lips). I didn't actually get to do a wear test, so I am going to try to do one today.
they lasts longer than RCS. Smitten is nice colour but my gf got darker complexion and it looked far more better.

Haven

^^^I agree that they seem to last longer than RCS. They are also richer and more creamy than RCS.

Having said that.... The wear time, however, is still on the short side, so you have to not mind reapplying throughout the day. I had to reapply several times even without eating or drinking. I have been spoiled by the regular TF lipsticks, so these were a bit of a pain to use.

So I would say if you are a fan of Chanel RCS, then take a look at these. If however you are more a fan of a regular TF ls or RA's, then this may not be for you.

So far I am liking Insidious the most, and I have been wearing it over the stain of a "regular" TF lipstick. Sort of like a gloss.