Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

ashievic

I really looked at the promo pic, to me it looks like she has been in a fight and crying.....nothing Holiday to me. But I will still purchase it....

beautycool

Pussycat was my first TF lipstick, I bought it from HoF last November. Most of them are from Selfridges, the summer ones are from Harrods and two boys are from Nordstrom. What expiry date do the CL have? Mine just say 24 months after opening but I think that's valid for all lipsticks? How did you know that they have expired, what changed? I've never had a powder product go off (my oldest ones are from summer 2012), so I don't know what signs to look for.  That's the reason I stopped buying coloured mascaras - this spring/summer I was scared to use a pink Dior and a purple Chanel, which I bought the previous year, even though they looked as good as new. I've used each of them not more than 3 times.. So that's £50 in the bin.
Hi Hun sorry for the late reply I checked mine it says 24 months !!!! Mine is with me at my mummy's lol :) couldn't bear leaving it at home lol I don't know I think I stop buying make up just because I like it it actually do wear stuff but I think I'm collecting way to much But it happens doesn't it we buy buy buy I rather spend on make up than clothes etc

beautycool

I think mascaras should be discarded fairly regularly, probably every 3 to 6 months, the longest. Usually they get dry anyway. Powder products can last and last if they are handled carefully with clean brushes. Lipsticks all depend on the formula- some can turn quickly while others a pristine much longer. Glosses also depend on the formula. Just think, your mouth has germs and the lips are so close to them so those products are in contact with more potential things to spoil them. (Not trying to imply anyone is "dirty" we all just have germs.) Best to use and enjoy and not over buy if you don't think you will get enough use for how much you spend. I like some of those colored mascaras too and whatever I buy now I'm going to use a lot for the next few months. Then toss them and enjoy the next one.
Oh yes defo agree with mascaras :) be chucked out within 6 months I just thought I wish I had one of those blue light things that detect bacteria lol and see what's in the lipglosses that we collect and use sometimes lol I just wonder how much will be in them Yuk lol !!!!!

ashievic

I have been slammed. Getting a bunch of tests. I look like I should be in the movie "Weird Science" with all these wires hooked to my head. I need to push this button when I forget something. My loving brother told me, you will never push the button. Based on you can't remember to do it.....

I never had followup from the initial car accident. When they did the MRI, it was an "we need to find your doctor now, don't move" OK how was I going to move when I am stuck in the MRI coffin????

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to apply makeup around those little wires hooked up to your forehead????

Medgal07

I really looked at the promo pic, to me it looks like she has been in a fight and crying.....nothing Holiday to me. But I will still purchase it....
Maybe she was distraught because she did't get what she wanted for Christmas
th_roll1.gif

ashievic

th_roll1.gif
Or her big brother just gave her Barbie doll a haircut and promised it would grow back. Then her Daddy said "you actually believe that????"

Shars

I have been slammed. Getting a bunch of tests. I look like I should be in the movie "Weird Science" with all these wires hooked to my head. I need to push this button when I forget something. My loving brother told me, you will never push the button. Based on you can't remember to do it.....

I never had followup from the initial car accident. When they did the MRI, it was an "we need to find your doctor now, don't move" OK how was I going to move when I am stuck in the MRI coffin????

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to apply makeup around those little wires hooked up to your forehead????
Oh no! I guess looking on the bright side, they'll be able to find out what, if anything, is going on and get treatment sorted so you can be back to as normal as possible. I hope things go okay soon!

GreenEyedAllie

I have been slammed. Getting a bunch of tests. I look like I should be in the movie "Weird Science" with all these wires hooked to my head. I need to push this button when I forget something. My loving brother told me, you will never push the button. Based on you can't remember to do it..... I never had followup from the initial car accident. When they did the MRI, it was an "we need to find your doctor now, don't move" OK how was I going to move when I am stuck in the MRI coffin???? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to apply makeup around those little wires hooked up to your forehead????
Oh wow! Good luck, and I hope you are ok!

Medgal07

Bear hug and many prayers for a swift diagnosis and remedy.
th_hug.gif

ashievic

Thanks to all of you and big hugs. Of course my brother claims they had to find the doc, based on there was no brain in my skull. Gotta love big brothers.....heck he also teased he was gonna write to the show "Botched" to fix my face. I told him doctor's didn't mess up my face, I did by being stupid.

MakeupAli

Ash, I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully something helpful will come of it. Thank you for letting us know. Here is a CD that helps soothe the brain during treatment through working on the neurological system of which the brain is a part. http://www.healthjourneys.com/Store/Products/Traumatic-Brain-Injury-TBI/643 I have often felt that I use makeup and the community of makeup lovers to soothe away the stress of regular life so I am a great believer in this kind of stuff. xxxx

ashievic

Heck I am willing to try anything. Those flashing lights were really weird. It made me remember stuff when I was little that was fun and comforting. Then a second later it made me remember the moments just before the accident as I was flying over the ravine, and I started to cry. I never remembered any of that before....ugh.

JerseyGirl

Heck I am willing to try anything. Those flashing lights were really weird. It made me remember stuff when I was little that was fun and comforting. Then a second later it made me remember the moments just before the accident as I was flying over the ravine, and I started to cry. I never remembered any of that before....ugh. 
Wow, this is fascinating to me. The mind can be so powerful, yet it's secrets are elusive. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Stay strong Ash!

pbpink

hope all is ok ash....can't always pop on as much as i would like but if you need a laugh you can always go over here:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-plum-ombre-eye-cheek-shadow-review-photos-swatches

i have only tried peach ombre so far and LOVE it - i was even able to use a m/u brush + not a cake angled spatula! xx

pbpink

th_roll1.gif
i felt this way when an ex-bf gave me......

i kid you not......

a gym membership for christmas! (even worse, it was free with HIS!)

he was the one that "NEEDED" the membership!

that was so ME in the photo!

thank goodness i let that one get away fast!

xx