Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

I am sorry you have been disappointed with your HM quad! I'm pretty pale (MAC F&B N1, NARS Terre Neuve, NARS Mont Blanc, MUFE 115), and I actually find that I can do a lovely look that isn't too intense...haha, at least I don't think it is...who knows? Maybe my co-workers think I'm moonlighting as a lady of the evening!

I use a 239 brush to lightly apply the top right shade all over my lid. Then, I use the other side of the 239 and lightly pat and blend the bottom left shade on the outer 1/3 to 1/2 of my lid. I super lightly dip a WG #19 (similar to 217) in the bottom right shade and blend that around my crease and a smidge on the outer-v. Finally I use an old Chanel blending brush (brass ferrule) to apply the top left shade in the inner corners and blend up a little onto the lid and lightly blend/sweep it under my brow. I can definitely work this up into an intense look (first time or two I used it, I may have gone a little nuts), but with how I'm wearing it, I think it's a slightly deep and warm neutral work-friendly look. This is all dry....I am almost scared at what it will look like used damp.

I hope you can make it work for you/integrate some other colors to tone it down. Do you think it would play nicely with Nude Dip? I'm strongly considering that one given how much I am enjoying this formula.

I plan to try nude dip with it as well. Don't get me wrong I think that all of the shades in honeymoon are gorgeous. I just can't seem to wear all of them or only them in a look. I tried that and was a bit overwhelmed.

Thank you for sharing your application techniques! :thankyou:

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I plan to try nude dip with it as well. Don't get me wrong I think that all of the shades in honeymoon are gorgeous. I just can't seem to wear all of them or only them in a look. I tried that and was a bit overwhelmed.

Thank you for sharing your application techniques! :thankyou:

Yeah...sorry! I am one of those people that super enthusiastically tries to help, over does it, and then generally looks like an a$$. :doh:

Vineetha

can they be used with a brush sprayed with fix + ?
I havent tried that but there is no reason why it shouldnt :D The SA at the Tom Ford Counter suggested using fingers for glitter shades alone a while back and thats how I have been using them. For some reason applied that way the shimmer looks really really good! :scratch::D

Last edited:

laurennnxox

I havent tried that but there is no reason why it shouldnt :D The SA at the Tom Ford Counter suggested using fingers for glitter shades alone a while back and thats how I have been using them. For some reason applied that way the shimmer looks really really good! :scratch::D

Agreed! i've been using clean fingers to use the glitter toppers on the summer 2015 duos and it always works out wonderfully. sooo much better than even attempting with a brush.

mkoparanova

did you manage to get them Maggie?
in Selfridges they are already sold out and at Harrods I can only see the old ones!

No, I'm waiting for House of fraser because I have a student discount and some cashback. I can't find them on Harrods now, I think I saw them yesterday..

janjirrasan

I received the SS16 Shade and Illuminate today and idk.. I feel like it's not very pigmented? Has anyone received theirs yet?

Vineetha

Agreed! i've been using clean fingers to use the glitter toppers on the summer 2015 duos and it always works out wonderfully. sooo much better than even attempting with a brush.
yes!! I have always been iffy of the shimmer shades till I started applying this way :D

peanut

I received the SS16 Shade and Illuminate today and idk.. I feel like it's not very pigmented? Has anyone received theirs yet?

I was so disappointed in this! Looks so pretty in the pan, but the pink shade applies more like a very light beige and looked quite greasy on. But that could be because I kept applying it hoping to see some of the pink shade (I didn't). I'll stick with the cream blush from last summer. It might work on someone lighter than me though (NW20/23). Does the pink shade show up on you at all?

janjirrasan

I was so disappointed in this! Looks so pretty in the pan, but the pink shade applies more like a very light beige and looked quite greasy on. But that could be because I kept applying it hoping to see some of the pink shade (I didn't). I'll stick with the cream blush from last summer. It might work on someone lighter than me though (NW20/23). Does the pink shade show up on you at all?

Ahh me too! I swatched this on the back of my hand and I barely saw a thing! I'm NC25... Maybe it'll show up better on my face? Lol I'm going to try it tomorrow as my blush and highlight, but sadly I think I'll be sending it back. :( image.jpg

Monsy

I will try to make disco dust work for me again tomorrow. Maybe I should exchange it for orchid haze? I do not know if NM allows exchanges

Winthrop44

Looks like it may have been used on both eyes and cheeks on the woman with white hair on tf.com. She also seems to be wearing the new pale lip shine. I can't figure out how to link her pic though. Sorry!

I found Honeymoon too warm and glitzy for me, and sadly Lilac Dream was kinda lacking in pigment (primer did help) and emphasized undereye dark circles, so no quads for me.

In other news, it looks like TF.com has most of the cream shadows available for purchase this morning. I will wait to order from somewhere else to avoid having to sign for delivery.

Last edited:

maeonsaturday

Looks like it may have been used on both eyes and cheeks on the woman with white hair on tf.com. She also seems to be wearing the new pale lip shine. I can't figure out how to link her pic though. Sorry!

I found Honeymoon too warm and glitzy for me, and sadly Lilac Dream was kinda lacking in pigment (primer did help) and emphasized undereye dark circles, so no quads for me.

In other news, it looks like TF.com has most of the cream shadows available for purchase this morning. I will wait to order from somewhere else to avoid having to sign for delivery.

Sigh I wanna get the quad but they are not available online.

Anyone knows when NM or Nordies will have it online?

Latest posts