Tom Ford Fall 2015

Monsy

Do you think # 2 would be too light for you? Sounds like that would be your shade, especially when you're not tan. It was a light milky beige with yellow/golden undertones.
2 might work but I was worried it's not yellow enough
I will just have to go and swatch them in store. I can't figure it out like this

Monsy

Your regular driver sounds like a DREAM!!!!! Do you request to sign for your packages?
YES ALWAYS

but ups told me if the shipper does not request signature then they are not obligated to have you sign for it even if you request it. SUCH A BS!!!

ok rant over I am gonna go smell my new TF fragrance now

Psych1

2 might work but I was worried it's not yellow enough I will just have to go and swatch them in store. I can't figure it out like this
I agree that would be best. It was a bit tricky finding a shade I liked. The SA told me the compacts are half a shade darker than their liquid counterparts, so it gets a little confusing trying to order blindly.

GreenEyedAllie

I just had to go to the grocery store to pick up my package. I didn't like that. I showed them my driver's license and then they went in a back room with it. I did not like that and said so. I said why can't he give me my license and just take the notice. He said my name wasn't on the notice. He was right. I know they thought I was suspicious of them and I felt a little bad but I don't trust anyone taking my ID to another room. Well, if it happens again, I'll just have to remember to write everything down on a separate piece of paper. I suspect it wasn't my regular driver though. I ended up live chatting with a UPS rep before I left because I thought I had to pay for it. The rep said no. Actually, she clarified a few policies I found confusing when I read them on the site so I just might sign up for the premium service after all.
Sorry for the novel...need to rant...this happened yesterday/today:
rant.gif

Oh I just had the epic battle royal with UPS and USPS. My Dior cosmopolite powder was supposed to come yesterday. Because my daughter got injured at the playground Sunday, I happened to be staying home. UPS comes at about 10 and about 5 to my neighborhood. 10 comes and goes...nothing. 5 and 6 come and go...nothing. I was downstairs most of the day, so I didn't even see a truck pass by much less a knock/ring, etc. Go to tracking link, and my package is showing as delivered and signed for by someone else! Call UPS very unhappy...get the run around with their foreign call center crew who insist they cannot do things that I know they can. Allegedly, they located the package. It was delivered to a business, so they can't get it that night, but first thing tomorrow. Next day (today), 10 comes and goes...I call UPS...no record that I called!!! THIS guy (still foreign call center) does a better job, but nothing really happens until I call Dior...I guess they get the non-foreign help, so a manager of some form calls me immediately. The package was mistakenly delivered to our post office! They do not know where it is exactly...it's either on the postal truck out for delivery or in a sorting bin, and the post office will make sure a postal carrier or UPS delivers it today. Annoying, but at least I know more or less the package is not stolen. So, I go to work...come home with my daughter...both USPS and UPS have come and gone...no Dior package. I call the post office to be like WTF?! They say the package was in the truck (the one that left my mail AT.MY.HOUSE.), but that it was up to the driver whether to deliver it or not since it had no postage. He apparently declined the walk the MAYBE 5 yards to my porch (or even hell leave it at my box), and that's not their problem. I can pick it up myself, they can bring it out tomorrow and charge me postage at my door, or they can send it back to UPS to be delivered probably the next day or Thursday. The lady was RUDE and dismissed my suggestion that they should charge UPS the postage and deliver anyway ('We can't do that.')...oh, and SHE'S the one who told UPS it would be delivered if it was on the truck. Super pissed and with a unhappy toddler I drive to the post office and wait in an ungodly line in a warm post office and finally get my package. When I get home, luckily Dior has AMAZEBALLS packaging (especially when you request gift wrapping) and nothing is damaged, everything is in the box. UPS calls later to check in, and I tell them about USPS...the UPS person (local this time, thankfully) was incredulous and said they absolutely should have delivered and charged UPS because they have a contract. SO. I.WAS.RIGHT.ALL.ALONG!!!
th_wallbash.gif
censored.gif

GreenEyedAllie

More on-topic for this thread, I got my illuminating duo today (yay FEDEX! They're the champions today), and I am so glad I did! I was hesitant, but it's so freaking pretty! Anyone with fairer skin tones can use the Mac brush from Mac is Beauty...can't remember number...long, fluffy white, like 217 for your face to really downplay the color of the darker shade. If you have the Wayne Goss #14 face brush, it would probably have a similar effect. I am in love, but then the Dior is gorgeous, and the CT is gorgeous....I may have also grabbed a Becca champagne pop last month, which I also enjoy...so many pretty highlighters! I think I am officially on a highlighter no-buy unless something epic AND le appears.

Vineetha

Sorry for the novel...need to rant...this happened yesterday/today::rant:  Oh I just had the epic battle royal with UPS and USPS.  My Dior cosmopolite powder was supposed to come yesterday.  Because my daughter got injured at the playground Sunday, I happened to be staying home.  UPS comes at about 10 and about 5 to my neighborhood.  10 comes and goes...nothing.  5 and 6 come and go...nothing.  I was downstairs most of the day, so I didn't even see a truck pass by much less a knock/ring, etc.  Go to tracking link, and my package is showing as delivered and signed for by someone else!  Call UPS very unhappy...get the run around with their foreign call center crew who insist they cannot do things that I know they can.  Allegedly, they located the package.  It was delivered to a business, so they can't get it that night, but first thing tomorrow.  Next day (today), 10 comes and goes...I call UPS...no record that I called!!!  THIS guy (still foreign call center) does a better job, but nothing really happens until I call Dior...I guess they get the non-foreign help, so a manager of some form calls me immediately.  The package was mistakenly delivered to our post office!  They do not know where it is exactly...it's either on the postal truck out for delivery or in a sorting bin, and the post office will make sure a postal carrier or UPS delivers it today.  Annoying, but at least I know more or less the package is not stolen.  So, I go to work...come home with my daughter...both USPS and UPS have come and gone...no Dior package.  I call the post office to be like WTF?!  They say the package was in the truck (the one that left my mail AT.MY.HOUSE.), but that it was up to the driver whether to deliver it or not since it had no postage.  He apparently declined the walk the MAYBE 5 yards to my porch (or even hell leave it at my box), and that's not their problem.  I can pick it up myself, they can bring it out tomorrow and charge me postage at my door, or they can send it back to UPS to be delivered probably the next day or Thursday.  The lady was RUDE and dismissed my suggestion that they should charge UPS the postage and deliver anyway ('We can't do that.')...oh, and SHE'S the one who told UPS it would be delivered if it was on the truck.  Super pissed and with a unhappy toddler I drive to the post office and wait in an ungodly line in a warm post office and finally get my package.  When I get home, luckily Dior has AMAZEBALLS packaging (especially when you request gift wrapping) and nothing is damaged, everything is in the box.  UPS calls later to check in, and I tell them about USPS...the UPS person (local this time, thankfully) was incredulous and said they absolutely should have delivered and charged UPS because they have a contract. SO. I.WAS.RIGHT.ALL.ALONG!!! :headbang:  :censored:  
Omg what a mess!! So sorry you had to go through all that!! :eek:hboy:

Medgal07

YES ALWAYS

but ups told me if the shipper does not request signature then they are not obligated to have you sign for it even if you request it. SUCH A BS!!!

ok rant over I am gonna go smell my new TF fragrance now
girlhaha.gif
ENJOY!!!!!

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]  I don't understand what you mean by, not recognizing a few packages?  How is that?  Man I'm getting a real UPS education tonight:happydance: [/COLOR]
Certain packages don't get picked up by the ups my choice option meddy even if it's the same address!! I can track and everything using the track option but cannot make any changes because it doesnt show under the my choice tab !!

GreenEyedAllie

Omg what a mess!! So sorry you had to go through all that!!
ohboy.gif
Thanks. My solace besides vindication is that UPS said they would have a chat with the lady at USPS about how their contract works and how to treat their customers..did I have her name? Why yes I did! Whether they actually do or not, I'll never know, but I will pretend they do and picture that meanie eating a big, fat pot of crow. (Hurt child, said child waking me up at 5 after going to bed past midnight, and package run around apparently makes me a not very graceful, nice person...kinda don't care today, though.)

Monsy

Certain packages don't get picked up by the ups my choice option meddy even if it's the same address!! I can track and everything using the track option but cannot make any changes because it doesnt show under the my choice tab !!
that is so stupid

I rerouted one package to my husbands work because i knew my regular driver was off. package ended up somewhere in Alabama, came back to IL, went to some other state . come back to IL again... it took them 9 days to find it

elegant-one

More on-topic for this thread, I got my illuminating duo today (yay FEDEX! They're the champions today), and I am so glad I did! I was hesitant, but it's so freaking pretty! Anyone with fairer skin tones can use the Mac brush from Mac is Beauty...can't remember number...long, fluffy white, like 217 for your face to really downplay the color of the darker shade. If you have the Wayne Goss #14 face brush, it would probably have a similar effect. I am in love, but then the Dior is gorgeous, and the CT is gorgeous....I may have also grabbed a Becca champagne pop last month, which I also enjoy...so many pretty highlighters! I think I am officially on a highlighter no-buy unless something epic AND le appears.
ohboy.gif
Just insane! I would be
lecture.gif
girlhaha.gif
All the new highlighters have been amazing. The Dior one is still my fave for all ovet!

Yazmin

Oh I just had the epic battle royal with UPS and USPS. My Dior cosmopolite powder was supposed to come yesterday. Because my daughter got injured at the playground Sunday, I happened to be staying home. UPS comes at about 10 and about 5 to my neighborhood. 10 comes and goes...nothing. 5 and 6 come and go...nothing. I was downstairs most of the day, so I didn't even see a truck pass by much less a knock/ring, etc. Go to tracking link, and my package is showing as delivered and signed for by someone else! Call UPS very unhappy...get the run around with their foreign call center crew who insist they cannot do things that I know they can. Allegedly, they located the package. It was delivered to a business, so they can't get it that night, but first thing tomorrow. Next day (today), 10 comes and goes...I call UPS...no record that I called!!! THIS guy (still foreign call center) does a better job, but nothing really happens until I call Dior...I guess they get the non-foreign help, so a manager of some form calls me immediately. The package was mistakenly delivered to our post office! They do not know where it is exactly...it's either on the postal truck out for delivery or in a sorting bin, and the post office will make sure a postal carrier or UPS delivers it today. Annoying, but at least I know more or less the package is not stolen. So, I go to work...come home with my daughter...both USPS and UPS have come and gone...no Dior package. I call the post office to be like WTF?! They say the package was in the truck (the one that left my mail AT.MY.HOUSE.), but that it was up to the driver whether to deliver it or not since it had no postage. He apparently declined the walk the MAYBE 5 yards to my porch (or even hell leave it at my box), and that's not their problem. I can pick it up myself, they can bring it out tomorrow and charge me postage at my door, or they can send it back to UPS to be delivered probably the next day or Thursday. The lady was RUDE and dismissed my suggestion that they should charge UPS the postage and deliver anyway ('We can't do that.')...oh, and SHE'S the one who told UPS it would be delivered if it was on the truck. Super pissed and with a unhappy toddler I drive to the post office and wait in an ungodly line in a warm post office and finally get my package. When I get home, luckily Dior has AMAZEBALLS packaging (especially when you request gift wrapping) and nothing is damaged, everything is in the box. UPS calls later to check in, and I tell them about USPS...the UPS person (local this time, thankfully) was incredulous and said they absolutely should have delivered and charged UPS because they have a contract. SO. I.WAS.RIGHT.ALL.ALONG!!!
th_wallbash.gif
censored.gif
I have very little patience for incompetence such as this lately. Why is it so hard for people to do their damn jobs, and do it correctly!

ashievic

Stash shopping again, I have found if you use Mac Mystical from the Aquatic collection and use the Chanel beige lip gloss from this summer, it is pretty close to the model's lips in the photo for the new eye tints. I own three TF lip glosses, and not all that thrilled with them.

GreenEyedAllie

ohboy.gif
Just insane! I would be
lecture.gif
girlhaha.gif
All the new highlighters have been amazing. The Dior one is still my fave for all ovet!
I've just swatched the two I got today....I definitely NOT a sit and let it wait type gal...I tear into my stuff like a 4 year-old at Christmas! I'm debating which to try tomorrow...I'm thinking the Dior because I'm going to try for a super nude look (we'll see how THAT goes on ghostly me!), and I think TF may be little more high impact than what I'm going for.

Medgal07

Yay!!!!! Forget the highlighter no-buy. You're officially addicted!!!! A Chanel is in the pipeline --- fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!!!!

elegant-one

I've just swatched the two I got today....I definitely NOT a sit and let it wait type gal...I tear into my stuff like a 4 year-old at Christmas! I'm debating which to try tomorrow...I'm thinking the Dior because I'm going to try for a super nude look (we'll see how THAT goes on ghostly me!), and I think TF may be little more high impact than what I'm going for.
lol.gif
Yep, that's me too. I barely get it ripped out of the box & I have to try it on lolol! Yes, the Dior one is sooooo great for everyday nude! I adore it on. I love the TF lighter side for eye highlighting because of it's tone.

Medgal07

I hope you love them GEA!!!!!

ashievic

On the UPS situation, set up a video cam, simply to use. Then send the tape to CBS Chicago News team, and BAM, it will be addressed. One of the UPS drivers would stand at the street and toss the package at my front door. Claimed he was in "fear" of my dogs. No he was lazy. We have video feed for the front door from ADT. So I used the tape, and set it to UPS in Palatine (local hub). The driver got fired, since I also sent a video feed of the FedEx person coming right to my door with no dog issues or concerns.

UPS and FedEx do not have a an actual product to sell. They are a service industry. If the service sucks, that is a super huge problem for their corporation. Since that is all that they have to offer. Think about, if you Starbucks coffee drink and the service sucks, but unless you go to another Starbucks, you can't get that certain drink. Bringing a package to your door, now that can be done by other delivery people. You might also want to make the head office of the store you purchased the product of the terrible serve from UPS.

As in all things with business, document, document, and have a paper trail with some video. Hear say won't cut it.