Tom Ford Fall 2015

boschicka

I do believe it was clearly made by Mr. Ford the ombre were nothing like his blushes. I have no issues with payoff, I have not had to scrape away to get color, they last 12 hours in wild fire heat. Yes, using the correct brush makes a huge difference. As stated by others. I wonder if a pro MUA did her makeup if the results would be different? Or perhaps a few classes by a MUA on how to use products might help?

Think of using a teaspoon to flip a burger on the grill, might not work too well???? Or using creme frache in place cottage cheese, apples and oranges. Which to me is what she has done expecting these ombre to be like the regular blush line.
I agree. I think T mostly uses Japanese brushes, so I can understand her review if that's the case. I can only use my Japanese brushes on more pigmented products or finely milled and less tightly packed pressed powders. Otherwise it's like you pick up nothing. The ombres definitely require a firmer and more dense brush.

That being said, I'm not impressed with my plum ombre either. In all fairness though, it performs exactly as I predicted it would and I would therefore not give it an F. I get decent color payoff with the TF blush brush when I wear it as a blush, but it's not as long-lasting on my oily skin as other blushes I have and the color is nothing special to me. I have other plum blushes I much prefer, but this is just personal preference. And as for an eyeshadow, I used a MAC 239 brush and was able to build up the color nicely over a primer, but again, it's nothing special. I have similar colors that I prefer, so just a personal thing. For the price, I wasn't impressed for my collection. However, I can feel the quality of the powder and I think it lives up to its claims exactly. I respect it as a product, just not one that fits well into my collection. I think the ombres are about finesse and the true artistry of makeup, but often times I just need to slap a product on and run!
lol.gif

pbpink

had a feeling this was coming...
lmao.gif

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-pink-ombre-eye-cheek-shadow-review-photos-swatches
direct quote from T:

"(SCRAPED WITH METAL SPATULA TO GET PIGMENTATION!)"

i have yet to swatch them but I don't have a METAL SPATULA that i'd be willing to use on my precious m/u! My fancy pants all-clad spatch is staying with it's friends near the wine opener-zzzz!

drinks.gif

m.u.s.t catch UP!

pbpink

I agree. I think T mostly uses Japanese brushes, so I can understand her review if that's the case. I can only use my Japanese brushes on more pigmented products or finely milled and less tightly packed pressed powders. Otherwise it's like you pick up nothing. The ombres definitely require a firmer and more dense brush.

That being said, I'm not impressed with my plum ombre either. In all fairness though, it performs exactly as I predicted it would and I would therefore not give it an F. I get decent color payoff with the TF blush brush when I wear it as a blush, but it's not as long-lasting on my oily skin as other blushes I have and the color is nothing special to me. I have other plum blushes I much prefer, but this is just personal preference. And as for an eyeshadow, I used a MAC 239 brush and was able to build up the color nicely over a primer, but again, it's nothing special. I have similar colors that I prefer, so just a personal thing. For the price, I wasn't impressed for my collection. However, I can feel the quality of the powder and I think it lives up to its claims exactly. I respect it as a product, just not one that fits well into my collection. I think the ombres are about finesse and the true artistry of makeup, but often times I just need to slap a product on and run!
lol.gif
very well put......

are these blushes much different to the ombre blushes from MAC? (ripe peach + such, they rec'd poor reviews i think - i don't own any, just only other ombre i can think of!)

ashievic

lmao.gif

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-pink-ombre-eye-cheek-shadow-review-photos-swatches

direct quote from T:

"(SCRAPED WITH METAL SPATULA TO GET PIGMENTATION!)"

i have yet to swatch them but I don't have a METAL SPATULA that i'd be willing to use on my precious m/u! My fancy pants all-clad spatch is staying with it's friends near the wine opener-zzzz!

drinks.gif

m.u.s.t catch UP!
The only metal spatula I have that is small enough to even work on this product is a off angle cake frosting spatula. I do remember her posting of having to scrape other products as well. Serious keyboard back issues going on here. Gee, maybe she could use the tip off CL liner/lipstick to scrape??? Perhaps the plaque off brain cells, yes, that is snarky. I will own it.

pbpink

The only metal spatula I have that is small enough to even work on this product is a off angle cake frosting spatula. I do remember her posting of having to scrape other products as well. Serious keyboard back issues going on here. Gee, maybe she could use the tip off CL liner/lipstick to scrape??? Perhaps the plaque off brain cells, yes, that is snarky. I will own it. 
haha!! dying! perhaps a TF x CL collaboration is in order! I have an angel cake frosting thingamagig too!! I LOVE angel cake! edit: just realized you said angle! I was laughing to hard to read properly!

pbpink

just saw this:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/09/new-tom-ford-lip-colors-for-fall-2015.html

and found this YT video on peach ombre blush @ 4:35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yau1r1ijjnA

missanka

I can't wait to get my hands on those new products (Germany is always late)
Has anyone of you already tried the new brow set or the powder foundation ? How light is the lightest shade ?

GreenEyedAllie

It was the MAC Wash and Dry bronzers....no one else, including other bloggers had issues. Golden Rinse is my HG bronzer, and I've had zero issues with it, so I kinda ignore her when she pulls out her metal spatula.

ashievic

I can't wait to get my hands on those new products (Germany is always late)
Has anyone of you already tried the new brow set or the powder foundation ? How light is the lightest shade ?
The lightest shade cream is suppose to be like Alabaster. It is not the same shade as Cream in the other foundation he released previously. It is suppose to be lighter. Since that Cream was too dark for me. This cream works for me. Very confusing....

ashievic

I remember, my spatula is called an off set spatula used to frost a cake. They also have a huge one too. But I never use it. Perhaps this blogger/reviewer would like to have it????

laurennnxox

It was the MAC Wash and Dry bronzers....no one else, including other bloggers had issues. Golden Rinse is my HG bronzer, and I've had zero issues with it, so I kinda ignore her when she pulls out her metal spatula.
I loooooooove my W&D Bronzers, too! I like delicates a little better on myself. :) but I have both!

Medgal07

lmao.gif

I laughed when I saw it---I didn't bother to read it. I feel sorry for her followers that use her reviews as gospel because they're missing some fun products.

Medgal07

lol.gif
I hear that Bosch!!! I'm still loving my TF Duos and for part of this weekend the plum duo was that slap on a product and run item for me. I continue to have success
w/good color pay-off using a MAC 215. The plum duo looks particularly nice with Christian Louboutin Impera lipstick. All I can say is move over So Vain----there's a
new kid in town!!! I haven't yet swatched them together but Impera gives that same mauvey-berry vibe.

Haviggi

Luckily TF Fall Collection 2015 will be available in October here in Stockholm so I can see the products in person because I'm so confused with the mixed reviews! I will bring a spatula with me hahahahha

ashievic

Luckily TF Fall Collection 2015 will be available in October here in Stockholm so I can see the products in person because I'm so confused with the mixed reviews! I will bring a spatula with me hahahahha
Do you need my big one, it is literally about 12 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches wide. Or the baby one, which is about 4 to 5 inches long and about 3/4 inches wide??? Did anyone else notice the pics for the review of Chanel Smoky quad she had identical intentions of a backwards C on all four pans in the exact same spot on the shadow pan? Wonder if she was using a cherry pit remover to scrape that baby. Since that would make a good scraper too. As well as leave that type of mark.

I so agree with the ombre's are super for the slap and go days. A nice change from using the Chanel d'Ombre which has been my go to product for I don't want to think or put that much effort or have no time days to get all pretty-pretty.

Yes, this is snarky. For goodness sake, really go outside the box, there are many different ways to apply eyeshadows. I am so bored of seeing the exact same method, just different color. Heck, I just figured it out!!!! She hates the ombre's since she can do her "T" eye look. Since it was MEANT to be an ombre effect.

It is a mess out here. A State of Emergency has been declared. Need to clean off my spatulas from my makeup scrapings and use them for flipping eggs, literally. Could you imagine a hot fire person informing he had some eyeshadow residue in his eggs????

Latest posts