Tom Ford Holiday 2015

ashievic

Going vertical right to left....original navy pencil, new nay pencil, gold top coat, blue top coat mascara

Middle...new cream shadow alone, cream shadow with powder, powder shadow alone

Black Oyster without powder.

The eye shadow combined reminds me of the OPI San Fran collection Alcatraz with a top coat to make it shiny. One of my fav nail polishes.

The nail polish reminds me of the k-i-t-c-h-e-n aid mixer in Cavier. Not quite black, with just a touch of understated sparkle in it.

ashievic

Nail polish next to the Chanel Blue Notes, you can see it does pull dark navy...I do not own anything like this. Love it!!!!

ashievic

The powder and the OPI polish that to me is a sibling of this collection. Provided you put a shiny top coat over it.

maeonsaturday

Going vertical right to left....original navy pencil, new nay pencil, gold top coat, blue top coat mascara

Middle...new cream shadow alone, cream shadow with powder, powder shadow alone

Black Oyster without powder.

The eye shadow combined reminds me of the OPI San Fran collection Alcatraz with a top coat to make it shiny. One of my fav nail polishes.

The nail polish reminds me of the k-i-t-c-h-e-n aid mixer in Cavier. Not quite black, with just a touch of understated sparkle in it.
Thanks Ash!

Does the blue liner show up as blue/ violet when applied on your eyes though?

I just bought MAC Petrol Blue so not sure if it's too similar?

ashievic

I found the original navy liner pulled more violet if applied heavy. If you wear a violet shadow along with it, it really pulls towards violet. The new one is more steel/navy with just the right touch of sparkle!!!! Yes, it may be worn to work and they won't think you should be standing on the corner.....

maeonsaturday

I found the original navy liner pulled more violet if applied heavy. If you wear a violet shadow along with it, it really pulls towards violet. The new one is more steel/navy with just the right touch of sparkle!!!! Yes, it may be worn to work and they won't think you should be standing on the corner.....
Oh I do want the blue to show! :-D Coz I have too many navy eyeliners that don't show up blue on my eyes!

ashievic

If the sun comes out tomorrow and I can stop coughing, I will do the eyeliners in the sunshine and take a pic.

Medgal07

New cream shadow
There's no resisting this color for me!!! It's so pretty
sigh.gif

GreenEyedAllie

My duo arrived yesterday, and the color is beautiful (and definitely navy)! It produces a gorgeous smokey eye look.

What I will say, though, is that I do not find this one to be as effortless as the summer duos. Both the cream and powder take a little bit of TLC and elbow grease to work with where as for me the others were slap on and go. The powder is also not quite as sparkly like the others were...not in a bad way, just different. For the summer duos, I would wear the cream alone a lot and add a touch of the glitter shadow to the center to add light and excitement. This one looks best with them fully combined, IMO. I will say I was working without primer, so that may help. With the summer ones, I usually wore primer (but not always and never felt like I NEEDED to).

laurennnxox

I feel myself caving on this navy duo. I am on a blue shadow kick right now! Also, I bet this will be pretty with the blue glitter topper from midnight sea (i think that's the name??) from the summer.

Nordies is super sucking me in with orders lately!!!

GreenEyedAllie

I feel myself caving on this navy duo. I am on a blue shadow kick right now! Also, I bet this will be pretty with the blue glitter topper from midnight sea (i think that's the name??) from the summer.  Nordies is super sucking me in with orders lately!!! 
I'm planning to wear mine this afternoon/evening. If light cooperates, I'll post pics and swatches. :)

laurennnxox

I'm planning to wear mine this afternoon/evening. If light cooperates, I'll post pics and swatches.
smiles.gif
yes pleeeeeeease! I'd love to see it on you! It's in my nordies cart right now, I wanna add something else that's new (not necessarily TF) but I'm unsure what to get.

GreenEyedAllie

yes pleeeeeeease! I'd love to see it on you! It's in my nordies cart right now, I wanna add something else that's new (not necessarily TF) but I'm unsure what to get.
IMO, it is a pain to work with (+ or - primer (UD PP)). It photographs better than it looks IRL. And the powder is the workhorse, so $66 for a single with base. It IS a very pretty color, though. Personally would not buy again, and if T posted a ColourPop dupe, I'd snag that instead. Here goes:
9955d7fa_image.jpeg
7c8d5240_image.jpeg
Both all over lid because cream alone was too patchy. I've tried fingers and a Sephora Pro concealer brush. Maybe a different primer and/or different tools would make it easier to use. Others may not have same issues I have.

Latest posts