Tom Ford Holiday 2015

Sugar & Spice

I realize that at times each of us might see one color in a different way. I have seen, touched, and applied the new Holiday cream shadow. It is NOT Black Oyster. It is a dark navy with violet/purple/??? undertones. So whomever started this urban legend, get new glasses.....
lol It was I that stated it was black oyster but that's what I was told but she had not actually seen the collection or maybe she was telling me since I didn't like black oyster, I wouldn't like the cream shadow in the duo or she probably was comparing them and I misunderstood her as saying they were the same.

Miscommunication happens and no one is the authority as everyone is here to share and communicate thoughts and info. Unless you're personally in the lab making the products yourself then it's all left up to personal interpretation and not everyone will see things the same, no new glasses necessary.

Shars

Thank you!!! I am officially back onboard for the cream shadow duo!
choochoo.gif

Shars

Layered, the duo reminds me a lot of this pigment I have from Sugarpill called Stella! It is divine. I'm looking forward to pairing the cream portion with Stella and/or this pressed pigment called Enchantment that I bought from MAC's holiday collection last year!
cheerleader.gif

ETA T's swatch of Stella (Just realised Stella has a jet black base whereas you can see the navy more in the duo. Yay for no dupe-age!)

Source: http://www.temptalia.com/sugarpill-stella-chromalust-loose-eyeshadow-review-photos-swatches

GreenEyedAllie

Layered, the duo reminds me a lot of this pigment I have from Sugarpill called Stella! It is divine. I'm looking forward to pairing the cream portion with Stella and/or this pressed pigment called Enchantment that I bought from MAC's holiday collection last year! :cheer:   ETA T's swatch of Stella (Just realised Stella has a jet black base whereas you can see the navy more in the duo. Yay for no dupe-age!) Source: http://www.temptalia.com/sugarpill-stella-chromalust-loose-eyeshadow-review-photos-swatches
Nice! Since we're both getting it, we can do ebony and ivory swatches a la Charlotte Tilbury. :) (Trying to be fun, not offensive in any way, btw.)

ashievic

I have found the Le Disco Dazzle shadow is fun to layer over CT and TF cream shadows. One can never have too many sparkles!!!!!

GreenEyedAllie

Yay!! Not offensive at all. I thought it was cute lol.
I'm glad. I like to be extra careful since 'tone' and what not do not always come across online. I think mixing Night Sky with Stella will look fab...you could do a ombre-like gradient.

Shars

I'm glad. I like to be extra careful since 'tone' and what not do not always come across online. I think mixing Night Sky with Stella will look fab...you could do a ombre-like gradient.
I know what you mean re tone! Especially with people who are bent on seeing the negative. So happy that specktra is a mostly a positive place with such lovely ladies (and gents). I'm liking the sound of that ombre gradient. Ooooohhh I can't wait to get this now. I think I'm going to try to swatch in store first and then get it.

pbpink

Also the crème shadow is black oyster, when blended with the blue shimmer powder it turns into midnight blue. TF certainly could have done a better job as it's pretty much just repromoted products in fancy packaging. I was also told the new mattes are full size lip & boy shades and not new colors.  
edit: PHEW! so happy it's navy blue! I could actually read the thread today! ha! think I'm going for eye duo, pencil and I must have the np since I have all of the LE ones! I'm usually a white nail girl but it looks so good on Sara! ordered the ombré blush in plum to add to my peach ombré, can't wait! Saks was/is having 25% off and when I first saw code via text, I made an order + it worked on cosmetics! got so lucky as I got G ballz + some other m/u goodies....I went to make another order for skin care w/code + the terms changed to no cosmetics and discount did not apply, bizarre! should we be waiting for VIB sale with TF Noir? I noticed on BG that TF beauty was excluded the last few times they had a promo but every other m/u brand was included - BG used to always include TF, I got all my TF brushes from there + then some! I have been dying to try CT bronze/glow in dark so picked that up instead of a TF blush...

pbpink

I know what you mean re tone! Especially with people who are bent on seeing the negative. So happy that specktra is a mostly a positive place with such lovely ladies (and gents). I'm liking the sound of that ombre gradient. Ooooohhh I can't wait to get this now. I think I'm going to try to swatch in store first and then get it.
the topper looks magical! I don't often wear dark colors on my eyes but I'm def feeling this! I still look like a crazy gator in spring 15 but hopefully no more reptile looks for me with navy blue! could be really pretty with the indigo trio released in spring too for those that have.....

starletta8

I'm so glad that TF is going with all of these cream products- makes me automatically skip!

I'll be picking up the NP though.

Shars

should we be waiting for VIB sale with TF Noir? I noticed on BG that TF beauty was excluded the last few times they had a promo but every other m/u brand was included - BG used to always include TF, I got all my TF brushes from there + then some! I have been dying to try CT bronze/glow in dark so picked that up instead of a TF blush...
Did they have a date when TF Beauty would debut on Sephora's website?

Icecaramellatte

I realize that at times each of us might see one color in a different way. I have seen, touched, and applied the new Holiday cream shadow. It is NOT Black Oyster. It is a dark navy with violet/purple/??? undertones. So whomever started this urban legend, get new glasses.....
I saw the collection today at Bergdorf's. The cream eyeshadow is definitely blue. Very pretty. Staying on my list. Now I'm wondering if I should get the liner and the mascaras.

I called my SA at Saks as soon as I left because I got a call today from someone there but no message. Seeing the collection at BG made me think it might have been her. She said she didn't have it yet and figured BG was pre-selling but I asked the SA if they had it and he said yes. So go figure. I will wait for my normal SA since she does notify of launches and tells me if any discount events are upcoming.

ashievic

The liner to me is swoon worthy, but I am so out there. I already own his regular navy. To me, it leans towards violet. Obviously depending on the eyeshadow you use with it, would make it more violet or blue or whatever. Since we all know color is effected by the other colors around it. The blue mascara is to be used after you apply your normal base coat. Live on the edge and use something other then black. It is not navy, it is like royal blue, and the brush is perfect for the tips of your lashes. Same for the gold. I already own the Chanel from Holiday 2013. This is better and has more pop. Remember to coat top and bottom of lashes.

Latest posts