Tom Ford Holiday 2015

laurennnxox

Both all over lid because cream alone was too patchy. I've tried fingers and a Sephora Pro concealer brush. Maybe a different primer and/or different tools would make it easier to use. Others may not have same issues I have.
Hmmm oh wow. I wish I could swatch in person but I won't be near a TF counter until thanksgiving. It's a pretty color and some of the pictures / swatches on here made it look stunning. I don't know how I feel about ordering it. I'm thinking of waiting until the ABH self-made palette appears on nordies and spring for both at the same time. I could always return thanks to nordstroms great return policy. You look beautiful as always, and thanks for the honest review!!

GreenEyedAllie

Hmmm oh wow. I wish I could swatch in person but I won't be near a TF counter until thanksgiving. It's a pretty color and some of the pictures / swatches on here made it look stunning. I don't know how I feel about ordering it. I'm thinking of waiting until the ABH self-made palette appears on nordies and spring for both at the same time. I could always return thanks to nordstroms great return policy. You look beautiful as always, and thanks for the honest review!! 
You're welcome! It does swatch beautifully, lol. I would definitely buy from somewhere you can return easily. And who knows? Maybe it will behave better for you. :) PS-Thank YOU for your swatch-a-thon in the MAC holiday thread! Nice colors...wish that nude was a single...

laurennnxox

PS-Thank YOU for your swatch-a-thon in the MAC holiday thread! Nice colors...wish that nude was a single...
LMAO, you're welcome. I have a 12 page paper due Wednesday... could you tell I was procrastinating hard core?
lol.gif
and I agree! I wish I didn't have to order the bag for the nude lipstick and gloss. MAC really got me this time by putting LE shades in the more expensive bags / sets... and perm lipsticks in LE packaging. So evil, I tell you!

I guess I'll take the gamble and get it. I think the ABH palette is due to come out online in a few days, so I guess I can wait until then. :)

GreenEyedAllie

LMAO, you're welcome. I have a 12 page paper due Wednesday... could you tell I was procrastinating hard core? :lol:  and I agree! I wish I didn't have to order the bag for the nude lipstick and gloss. MAC really got me this time by putting LE shades in the more expensive bags / sets... and perm lipsticks in LE packaging. So evil, I tell you!  I guess I'll take the gamble and get it. I think the ABH palette is due to come out online in a few days, so I guess I can wait until then. :)
Sooooo, I still wasn't very happy with how my eyes turned out earlier. Things still looked patchy, and I noticed some faint creasing after 3-4 hrs...this is with primer, mind you. You know what saved the look and made it look amazing/more like promo? MAC No Taboos of all things. I picked that up this evening to go with AG, and I went ahead and played with it in crease (spritzed brush with fix+ after grabbing product)..,a-maze-ing the difference! The blue in the TF brought out the blue in NT, but the blackness worked so well. I would take another pic, but the light is crap. So I still don't thin the duo is a must-buy, but if you do, grab NT, too...you won't be sorry.

Medgal07

My duo arrived yesterday, and the color is beautiful (and definitely navy)! It produces a gorgeous smokey eye look.

What I will say, though, is that I do not find this one to be as effortless as the summer duos. Both the cream and powder take a little bit of TLC and elbow grease to work with where as for me the others were slap on and go. The powder is also not quite as sparkly like the others were...not in a bad way, just different. For the summer duos, I would wear the cream alone a lot and add a touch of the glitter shadow to the center to add light and excitement. This one looks best with them fully combined, IMO. I will say I was working without primer, so that may help. With the summer ones, I usually wore primer (but not always and never felt like I NEEDED to).
Good to know. Thanks.

Medgal07

You know what saved the look and made it look amazing/more like promo? MAC No Taboos of all things. I picked that up this evening to go with AG, and I went ahead and played with it in crease (spritzed brush with fix+ after grabbing product)..,a-maze-ing the difference! The blue in the TF brought out the blue in NT, but the blackness worked so well. I would take another pic, but the light is crap. So I still don't thin the duo is a must-buy, but if you do, grab NT, too...you won't be sorry.
Oye---I haven't yet pulled the trigger on this---now I really hesitate. I love a navy smoky eye and w/ my Armani Eye Tint and Chanel IDO I might be ok----still undecided
though. I don't particularly like the idea of having to buy another product to make this costly one work!
sigh.gif

Medgal07

I feel myself caving on this navy duo. I am on a blue shadow kick right now! Also, I bet this will be pretty with the blue glitter topper from midnight sea (i think that's the name??) from the summer.

Nordies is super sucking me in with orders lately!!!
If you like a navy smoky eye try the GIORGIO ARMANI EYE TINT, Minuit (Deep Navy) #2. It's gorgeous and so easy to apply and work with. Did you pick up the
IDOV in the Chanel Blue Rhythm collection, Fleur De Pierre (Navy Shimmer)806? As I read this over one would think I'm all set w/navy but I'm still torn.

Quote: Originally Posted by GreenEyedAllie

IMO, it is a pain to work with (+ or - primer (UD PP)). It photographs better than it looks IRL. And the powder is the workhorse, so $66 for a single with base. It IS a very pretty color, though. Personally would not buy again, and if T posted a ColourPop dupe, I'd snag that instead. Here goes:

Both all over lid because cream alone was too patchy. I've tried fingers and a Sephora Pro concealer brush. Maybe a different primer and/or different tools would make it easier to use. Others may not have same issues I have.
You have incredible eyes and you did a good job w/ the product despite the application difficulties. I like it on you!!!

laurennnxox

I ended up not ordering the duo. I just couldn't pull myself to do it. I already have the GA eye tint #2, and so I ordered MAC No Taboos instead to use as a glitter topper over it, and essentially saved myself like $40... but will still get the same effect. I love the eye tints, I forgot about them for a little bit! I need to go back to using them. :)

GreenEyedAllie

[COLOR=EE82EE]Good to know.  Thanks.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=EE82EE]  Oye---I haven't yet pulled the trigger on this---now I really hesitate.  I love a navy smoky eye and w/ my Armani Eye Tint and Chanel IDO I might be ok----still undecided[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  though.[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE] [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]I don't particularly [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]like the idea of having to buy another product to make this costly one work![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]:sigh: [/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE] [/COLOR]
If you get it or get to test it, you may have different experience than me. It is a pretty color, though I'm not sure how unique...unique for me, though.

GreenEyedAllie

I ended up not ordering the duo. I just couldn't pull myself to do it. I already have the GA eye tint #2, and so I ordered MAC No Taboos instead to use as a glitter topper over it, and essentially saved myself like $40... but will still get the same effect. I love the eye tints, I forgot about them for a little bit! I need to go back to using them. :)
You're gonna love No Taboos with that eye tint, I bet. I found it more intense with some fix+ and more smudgey used dry. You and [@]Medgal07[/@] are making me think I should return the duo and grab the eye tint actually, haha.

GreenEyedAllie

[COLOR=EE82EE]   If you like a navy smoky eye try the GIORGIO ARMANI EYE TINT, Minuit (Deep Navy) #2.  It's gorgeous and so easy to apply and work with.  Did you pick up the[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   IDOV in the Chanel Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]Rhythm collection, [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]Fleur De Pierre[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE](Navy Shimmer)[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]806?  As I read this over one would think I'm all set w/navy but I'm still torn.[/COLOR]     [COLOR=EE82EE] You have incredible eyes and you did a good job w/ the product despite the application difficulties.  I like it on you!!![/COLOR]
Thank you!

laurennnxox

You're gonna love No Taboos with that eye tint, I bet. I found it more intense with some fix+ and more smudgey used dry. You and @Medgal07 are making me think I should return the duo and grab the eye tint actually, haha.
Now I have all of the Colourdrenched pigments except the purple one.
girlhaha.gif
I feel like I should just complete the set. I'm excited to use it! I wish nordies had faster shipping, sigh. I also got MAC's 24 hour eyeshadow insurance or whatever it's called. I've been curious to try it and see how it compares to TF Glitter Glue.

GreenEyedAllie

Now I have all of the Colourdrenched pigments except the purple one. :haha:  I feel like I should just complete the set. I'm excited to use it! I wish nordies had faster shipping, sigh. I also got MAC's 24 hour eyeshadow insurance or whatever it's called. I've been curious to try it and see how it compares to TF Glitter Glue. 
I have AoG, and I LOVE it. That's what I was wearing in the pics I posted Thursday.

pinorange11

I just ordered the cream/powder shadow duo from NM! yay!
(My 25$ gift card was soon to be expired and that was my excuse haha)

When I tried the duo at the TF counter, I definitely second the experience with the cream shadow being a bit patchy. but with the powder shadow it was beautiful, and with the eyeliner it was stunning.

Now I be tracking my package all day

Vandekamp

I just ordered the cream/powder shadow duo from NM! yay!
(My 25$ gift card was soon to be expired and that was my excuse haha)

When I tried the duo at the TF counter, I definitely second the experience with the cream shadow being a bit patchy. but with the powder shadow it was beautiful, and with the eyeliner it was stunning.

Now I be tracking my package all day
congrat.gif
Enjoy your goodies. Don't you hate when gift cards expire. It is sooo unfair.

laurennnxox

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-night-sky-01-cream-powder-eye-color-review-photos-swatches

@Medgal07 & @GreenEyedAllie were definitely on to something here!!!

NOTE: The "savings" is completely wrong on the screenshot since for some reason her side-by-sides say the cream duo is $42, when really it's $66(?). SO, the savings is *even* greater. I'm glad I went for No Taboos and will just layer it over my GA Eye Tint.

ashievic

The new nail polish wears like steel. I put mine on over a week ago, yes, I admit haven't done much except for grabbing tissues for my ongoing cold. But not one chip, flake, nothing. Only CL nail polishes to me compare to the wear of TF polishes.

Haven

Bought the TF holiday polish when it first came out. More Halloweenish than Christmassy. Wearing it now. Love it!

Latest posts