Too Faced cosmetics

laurennnxox

Has anyone ordered directly off Too Faced's website? They finally put up the 6 new shades of BTW and I'm curious to try snow. Part of me feels like I should wait til sephora gets them in to try a sample, but lord only knows when Sephora will get them. I asked an SA and she says they have no release date for it yet-- and she's wonderful and always on top of stuff like that!

pinkcrush

Has anyone ordered directly off Too Faced's website? They finally put up the 6 new shades of BTW and I'm curious to try snow. Part of me feels like I should wait til sephora gets them in to try a sample, but lord only knows when Sephora will get them. I asked an SA and she says they have no release date for it yet-- and she's wonderful and always on top of stuff like that! 
They needed to release more because the darkest shade was still too light for me and I'm not even considered deep dark skinned... I'm a NC50/NW43 and the darkest shade seemed like a NC45/NW40 smh...

NYCBeautyJunkie

They needed to release more because the darkest shade was still too light for me and I'm not even considered deep dark skinned... I'm a NC50/NW43 and the darkest shade seemed like a NC45/NW40 smh...
The shades still need work... I have tried 3 of the new deeper shades (Maple, Chestnut and Mahogany) and the first thing everyone needs to know is that those shades look nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, like the swatches on Too Faced's website. Based on the description, Chestnut seemed like it would be perfect, but it was too light (I'm NC50). It literally looked like a dupe to the shade Caramel-- perhaps SLIGHTLY darker and more yellow? The shade that matches me great is Mahogany, which is the deepest shade in the new extensions. Anyone darker than NC50/NW45 will still be out of luck.

I appreciate Too Faced wanting to extend their range, especially since their base products have never been very WOC friendly, but this still manages to be a fail (on the darker shade end).

pinkcrush

The shades still need work... I have tried 3 of the new deeper shades (Maple, Chestnut and Mahogany) and the first thing everyone needs to know is that those shades look nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, like the swatches on Too Faced's website. Based on the description, Chestnut seemed like it would be perfect, but it was too light (I'm NC50). It literally looked like a dupe to the shade Caramel-- perhaps SLIGHTLY darker and more yellow? The shade that matches me great is Mahogany, which is the deepest shade in the new extensions. Anyone darker than NC50/NW45 will still be out of luck. I appreciate Too Faced wanting to extend their range, especially since their base products have never been very WOC friendly, but this still manages to be a fail (on the darker shade end).
Is it fair to say u can also wear a NW43? If so we r about the same shade... So it may be Mahogany for me too! NW45 Is too red although I can make it work with a yellow based setting powder... But who got time for all that!? Haha

pinkcrush

I'm definitely more golden, so NW45 is too red also, but Mahogany has a "neutral/pink" base which works for my fading tan at the moment. It will probably be too rich in the dead of winter when I'm at my palest. I've never tried NW43 anything so it's hard to say if I can wear that as well, lol.
Gotcha! I feel NW43 Is a happy medium, since I find it rather neutral for the NW set. I think it can work either way, whether u r neutral but leaning more yellow or red.

erine1881

I dunno when, but they're coming!!!
d6cf6b46_image.png
e0c663a7_image.jpeg
1bc8f32b_image.png

Latest posts