• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner December 2008: Teal, Glitter & Smoke

QTAllStarGurl

I have been wanting to do a tut for a while now but I never really had time but now that exams are over i finally got to do one...yaaaay!!...i think im a bit overly excited lol um...this is like a smokey teal look with glitter..i luv it so i decided to share..instead of hogging it all for myself

Heres the finished product:minus the awkward face of course...
FOTD255.jpg

Materials:
FOTD125.jpg

Brushes: MAC: 222, 224,217, and 219|Sephora: Eyeshadow Brush|Face Secrets: Contour Brush and Blush Brush (not pictured)
M/U: MAC:Teal Pigment, Reflects Transparent Teal Glitter, Saddle E/S, Knight Divine E/S, Feline Kohl Power, Select Cover Up in NW 45, Mineralized Foundation in Deep Dark, Sweet as Cocoa Blush, Global Glow MSF, Touch L/S, Factory Made Lipglass|Studio Gear: Champagne Star Powder|Too Faced: Ooh and Aah Duo |UDPP|NYC:Liquid Liner|Ardell: Lashes (i'm not sure which ones they are)

Ok...I had foundation on when I started from earlier but I was too lazy to take it off so I just took off my eye makeup..excuse the sexy shower curtain background
FOTD122.jpg

So now we've gotta do sumthing about these bare peepers!..So we start out with a primer..I'm using UDPP..so apply that and spread all over the lid
FOTD126.jpg

I like to do my highlight first but of course you can do it in any order that you like..I used Studio Gear Champagne Star Powder applied w/ the 224 brush
FOTD127.jpg

Then I put an eyeshadow that is about the same color as my eyelid to the area between the crease an my highlight...I used MAC Saddle which I applied with the 217 brush
FOTD113.jpg

FOTD128.jpg

It should look like this: not much of a difference but you can kinda see it
FOTD133.jpg

Now I take some Teal Pigment with the Sephora E/S Brush any shadow brush would work
FOTD132.jpg

Then I put it on the lid in a patting motion (rather than swiping)
FOTD135.jpg

You should have something like this:
FOTD137.jpg

Now for the crease I'm using Knight Divine and I'm putting it on with the 217 brush
FOTD138.jpg

Like so: (i luv saying like so lol...dont kno why)
FOTD139.jpg

I blended it some more with the 224 brush
FOTD145.jpg

So now it looks like thiss:
FOTD148.jpg

So now I add a sparkly-ish black to the outer v using the 222 brush...Im using Two Faced Ooh and Aah...the black side of course...OooooooH AaaaaH
FOTD151.jpg

FOTD152.jpg

Then I took the 219 brush and put more black into the outer v to define it a bit more
FOTD159.jpg

FOTD160.jpg

Then I take my Reflects Transparent Teal (sooo pretty if you dont have it...u need it!!) I just patted it on with my pinkie on top of the Teal Pigment
FOTD161.jpg

The glitter doesn't show up that great in this pic but it does in some of the later ones but this is what it looks like:
FOTD163.jpg

Then add black liquid liner to the upper lid...I used NYC..$1..SCORE!!
FOTD168.jpg

I like my liner winged out but you dont have to do that if you dont want

I then lined the lower lash line with feline
FOTD170.jpg

I smudged the Feline a bit using the 219 but I didnt smudge it too much b/c it'll get all in my under eye wrinklies but if you like urs more smudged..then smudge away!!
FOTD174.jpg

Since I like my edge a bit sharper I like to use a`q-tip with a little makeup remover to make the edge sharper
FOTD176.jpg

Then I apply my concealer with the 224 brush (a tip that i got from an artist at the MAC Pro Store...its awesome...i think im gonna need another 224)
FOTD178.jpg

FOTD180.jpg

Then I added my Ardell lashes..this is optional but I always wear them since I have like 3 eyelashes lol thats what I get 4 pulling mine out all the time
FOTD184.jpg

Then I add mascara to my lashes to blend them with the falsies
FOTD194.jpg

Eyes Done!!
They Should look something like this:
FOTD187.jpg

So Now I line my lips with a dark brown..its from ulta
FOTD185.jpg

Then put on ur fave nudie l/s..i used Touch
FOTD189.jpg

Then I put on a nude kinda sparkly gloss..im using Factory Made
FOTD192.jpg

Then I applied my blush which was Sweet as Cocoa
FOTD193.jpg

FOTD197.jpg

Then I highlighted the cheekbone using Global Glow with a contour brush (would've used my skunk brush but it was wet)
FOTD196.jpg

FOTD199.jpg

Since I already did the brows b4...
We're all done!!
FOTD210.jpg

Hmmm...are we feelin sexaay??
FOTD226.jpg

FOTD253.jpg

Duh!!...of course we're feeling uber sexaay
FOTD252.jpg

Gosh! Who wouldn't want thiss:
FOTD258.jpg

lol thats my sexy face..you kno the one i use to seduce all the mens

Hope you enjoyed!! luv yah
specktra_rocks.gif
[/font]​
[/font]

mwala

Re: Teal, Glitter & Smoke Tutorial

gorgeous : )

i love that pigment god these posts are making me spend money : p

ksanayy

i love love this look thanks for making a tut for this.

User49

Gorgeous eotd! I love reflects glitters!!! :0) xx

Lizzie

Great look! Thanks for the tutorial.
&I love those pictures at the end! Super sexy!
Good luck in the contest
greengrin.gif

SassyMochaJess

Always love your looks! Plus you look like my cuz which kinda freaks me out!! Very pretty!! Im gonna try those lip products, for were similiar in complexion (I'm darker). Anyways very pretty.

photogeek

gorgeous.
I wish I could wear blues as well as you-- damn!
will have to try a version anyway.
meg
ps- probably just me, but I have a bit of a hard time reading that font unless I enlarge the page about 4x ((squints)) maybe it's my screen along with how bold the letters are but the characters turn into little blue blobs
ssad.gif
maybe if it was 1pt size bigger or not bold?
your tutorial is totally squint-worthy though
yes.gif

QTAllStarGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
Gorgeous eotd! I love reflects glitters!!! :0) xx

I luv them too...i actually just got into them and now im like obsessed with them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
Great look! Thanks for the tutorial.
&I love those pictures at the end! Super sexy!
Good luck in the contest
greengrin.gif

Thanks so much!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
Always love your looks! Plus you look like my cuz which kinda freaks me out!! Very pretty!! Im gonna try those lip products, for were similiar in complexion (I'm darker). Anyways very pretty.

LOL the funny thing is I think I've got a lot of non related "twins" people are always telling me they saw someone that looked like me or know someone that looks like me...lucky i never met any of them b/c I would probably get really freaked out...oh and def. get Touch its the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogeek
gorgeous.
I wish I could wear blues as well as you-- damn!
will have to try a version anyway.
meg
ps- probably just me, but I have a bit of a hard time reading that font unless I enlarge the page about 4x ((squints)) maybe it's my screen along with how bold the letters are but the characters turn into little blue blobs
ssad.gif
maybe if it was 1pt size bigger or not bold?
your tutorial is totally squint-worthy though
yes.gif

Actually I've done almost the same look with purple eyeshadow and Reflects Pearl and it turned out gorgeous if you prefer purple...i'm sure there are other colors that would work very nicely and Reflects Pearl looks good with pretty much any color

And thanks for telling me about the font...I just fixed it...don't want anyone to strain their eyes cause thats never fun

nicoleh619

You are really working this look...absolutely gorgeous and I love your personality. Duh of course were feeling sexxayyy lol. So cute. Thanks for taking the time to make a tutorial!