• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Requests - Post your tutorial requests here

Azn Eyes

herro!
Q: where can i find some threads on
asian shaped eyes. without the double crease i mean.

you know the line that makes your eyes bigger.
some of us are born without it.
ssad.gif

so if some1 can help me that would be great.
winks.gif

LMD84

Re: Azn Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwasiedancing
herro!
Q: where can i find some threads on
asian shaped eyes. without the double crease i mean.

you know the line that makes your eyes bigger.
some of us are born without it.
ssad.gif

so if some1 can help me that would be great.
winks.gif

i moved this into the request section for you as it is a request
smiles.gif

hnaoto

How to do a nude lip with naturally dark/red lips?

I'm not sure exactly where to post this but does anyone have a tut on how to mask the red? It's driving me insane! I'm blessed to have "Snow White" features (I've had people ask what color lipstick I'm wearing when I'm just wearing chapstick), but love doing smokey/dark eyes and I think that look is a billion times better with light lips. I can't just put on a light colored lipstick or gloss because it looks totally different on my lips.

A while ago I saw a tut where the girl used MAC's "Babied" Lip Lacquer (still have it and just found out it's discontinued!! Never used it!) I've given up on attempts, like using a light layer of foundation before the lip product. It lasts for 10 minutes before turning cakey and an ugly pasty color. Honestly I've never, ever used lip product besides clear chapstick/gloss and I'm starting to notice that lips make a huge difference in looks.

juicycouture328

Makeup tutorial for specific hair type?

Hi everyone. I used to have really dark brown hair and all my makeup colors worked with that. But now I have light brown hair and blond highlights all over, and most of my makeup colors don't really look as good, I guess because my hair is different. (I have brown eyes with bits of gold and light skin.) Can anyone help? Can anyone recommend a tutorial that would look good for both blond and brown hair together I guess? Thanks so much : )

starlaj

I saw this tute once on the Kim Kardashian eye, and have not been able to find it since
ssad.gif

I know that she used MAC paint in bare canvas to start off with and then.....im lost ...if anyone can pm me with the link id really appreciate it
smiles.gif
xx

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Isla Fisher Hair and Makeup Request!

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if there is any chance one of you incredibly talented ladies could do a tutorial on the look worn by Isla Fisher in the picture here?

I think she looks gorgeous here and would love to copy both her hair and makeup for a wedding I have coming up soon! I'm also a redhead and so i think it would be great for me!

Thanks so much! Keep up the fab work! :)

xxx

5bac1fe4_islafisher.jpg

naturallyfab

I would love to see a preppy look. Not teen Abercrombie preppy, but classic, Jackie O/Lilly Pulitzer/Tommy Hilfiger preppy, lol. I've been drawn to that style of clothing lately and would love to have a makeup look to go with it!

Paia21

Hello!
I would like to see a tutorial for sunken eyes, I have some difficult to apply eyeshadow, expecially in the outer corner...this is because I have a lot of folds on my eyelid. I don't know which technique is right for me.

There is a photo without makeup, so you can see the shape of my eyes.

Thank you very much :)

Paola

A friend just sent me a NYX trio with Beanie/Red Bronze/Red Bean. This is the first time I've had one that didn't have a traditional "highlight/lid/crease" combination. I have no idea what to do with these colours, even though I really like them! Would love to see a wearable/daytime look using these please!

(Oh, and the Beanie in this trio is the darker taupey colour, not the cream/off white colour I've seen in some pictures)

She also sent me a Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean. Its a little thick for me to use as an eyeliner, any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Eye makeup for a purple prom dress?

So this is the dress I'm wearing for my senior prom.
http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD676204
My complexion is pretty much the same as the model, and I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I would prefer something a little more classic and sophisticated, but nothing overdramatic. Hope that's not asking for too much! I would appreciate a tutorial or feedback, please!

JennsJewelz

Eye makeup for a purple prom dress?

Pretty dress! It would look really nice with a soft, silvery smokey eye and nude lip! I'm thinking something like this, with a little bit of sparkle to it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VOSiC_VK_k&feature=related

If you think that's too much, I would do a nude eye with winged liner and a fun, shimmery pink lip colour. Here are a couple winged eye tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNunI4l-TY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oI0Bwai83k

Whatever you choose, make sure you practice a few times in the weeks beforehand to make sure you like the colours and the effect! :) I hope this helps you out, and I hope you have an amazing time! :D

WhatWouldJoanDo

Hi, As soon as I saw the dress and what I think is your photo as the avatar I thought of Natalie Portman's makeup from the Oscar's when she wore a purple dress this year. I think you'd look great and classy by copying her makeup look! If you can find those awesome earrings (or similar) she wore-even better.

http://stylefrizz.com/201102/natalie-portmans-purple-rodarte-dress-for-2011-oscars/

I think it's all about the beautiful cheeks - try NARS Orgasm.

amandine

Hello ladies,

I would look some help recreating this look for my wedding. I'm not sure what eyeshadows I should use and unfortunately have very small lids. Thanks!!

MySilentHeart

Hi amandine,
I would recommend some of the following colours:
MAC Jest as lid colour - a frosty pale pink
MAC Expensive Pink as outer v - a warmer golden pink (or you could try Paradisco, but I haven't personally used it before)
MAC Brown Down as very outer corner, blended in softly - a warm chocolate matte brown
I would also use MAC Brule as your under brow highlight.

I have small lids as well, so I always apply the darker colours just below and a tiny bit into the crease and blend with a clean brush (like a 217) otherwise I end up with darker shadow hitting my brows!

Hope this helps!

Latest posts