• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial - Smokey eyes with a touch of pink! *PIC HEAVY*

nattyngeorge

This is my day to night look!
graucho.gif

n33vys.jpg
sxiyzc.jpg

What I used:
FACE: Studio Fix Fluid NC40, Ben Nye Concealer, Ben Nye Translucent Set Powder, Smashbox Soft Lights Blush in "Blushing Pink", MAC "Dame" Blush, MAC "Honour" blush for highlight.

EYES: HIP Paint in "Secretive" for a base, NYX "Black" eyeshadow, NYX Triple shadow palette in #36, MAC "Pink Venus" eyeshadow, MAC "Your Ladyship" pigment, L'Oreal extra intense liquid liner pencil in black, L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara, Ardell #45 faux lashes

LIPS: MUFE lip liner in 4C & Revlon lipgloss in Pink Diamond.

First, I applied moisturizer to my face, applied concealer with my concealer brush and my foundation with my MAC 187 brush. Then, I set my foundation with powder. I use my blush brush for this, and sweep it all over my face. (I didn't take pictures of these steps because I didn't start my tutorial with a bare face.)

Now on to the eyes..

STEP 1: I take my L'Oreal HIP Paint and apply it all over my lid with the brush it came with, and then blend it with my finger tip.

wk2txh.jpg
qs5zyp.jpg

STEP 2: I apply a thick layer of powder under my eyes without blending it. I do this when I apply black eyeshadow because it will have a tendency to fall on my cheek or under my eyes and it will be impossible to wipe off. The powder will catch the fall out and will easily wipe off later.

vrdelj.jpg

STEP 3: I coat my small crease brush with black eyeshadow, using a generous amount. I apply it in the crease of my eyelid and extend it out a little bit farther than where my eye ends. Then i continue sweeping it through my crease to create a smooth line all the way to about the inner corner of my lid. (pic 4)
2zre1yx.jpg
eqdsg7.jpg

1z3c5sx.jpg
1h4guu.jpg

STEP 4: I take a little more black eyeshadow and bring my crease up a bit by sweeping my brush a long the top of where my eyeshadow ends.
5czxmo.jpg
qmxkow.jpg

STEP 5: I put more black eyeshadow on my brush and where the end of my crease is, I bring it down.

wkg5fm.jpg
2cgbyv6.jpg

This is what my eye looks like so far...

9roz9h.jpg
2irslzq.jpg

STEP 6: I take another small crease brush and blend MAC "Pink Venus" eyeshadow into the black eye shadow. I rub the brush back and forth making sure to blend the two colors. Then, I blend my highlight (MAC "Your Ladyship" pigment) into the pink.
2uqzuxg.jpg

Step 7: Fill in the lid with gray eyeshadow. I used the middle color in the NYX palette. At this point, you can go over your black again if you want it darker.
99kxo8.jpg
a0ymvb.jpg

STEP 8:Line under your eyes with black eye liner and then take black eyeshadow and smudge it all the way across your lower lash line.

xp8prc.jpg
2sanh9e.jpg

f4ihlk.jpg
2qn2x3l.jpg

STEP 9: I lined my waterline with my eye pencil.
2j4sk2f.jpg
ajl1jr.jpg

STEP 10: I took my contour brush and wiped off the powder from under my eyes. Then applied mascara, applied my false eyelashes and one more coat of mascara.

315d7wl.jpg
33b0bgl.jpg

280bav.jpg
25apyiq.jpg

STEP 11: Done with the eyes! Now, I applied my blush, lip liner and lip gloss. And that's it! finally!

5umrg6.jpg

16bj5gx.jpg

yupitzTara

this is really pretty and a great tutorial. Now i want to try a smokey eye (i can never get it right).

Latest posts