Twilight Makeup

nebbish

I don't want to offend anyone here who actually likes Twilight, but ...

WTF.

welcome to www.twilightbeauty.com

First, they charge more than most of the major brands for packaging. Like -- there's no reason to charge $18 for what they're calling 'staining balm' which reads like it's a tinted lip balm in lipstick form. It's just in a Twilight package.
The bit that amuses me most, tho, is the "Volturi" and "Luna" mascaras are THE SAME and one is like $6 more than the other. Same three shades. Vaguely different packaging, but I imagine they're the same size.

I just don't think it's right to make teenagers pay absorbitant amounts for basically just fancy packaging.

I'm *tempted* to try to lip venom, which we've seen before, buut I won't buy it just out of principle.

And I reallyreally hate the whole Twilight phenomena.

Thought I'd share, see what you guys think :]

Meisje

The makeup might be good, but like any other expensive cosmetic item, I'd read up on it before buying just in case it's more about branding than function.

I saw the movie and I don't get the hype, I didn't think it was very good (especially the acting!). It doesn't bother me that so many people like it, though. It gives them pleasure and it doesn't hurt anyone: Commence with the joyous obsessing.

I noticed all the Twilight-themed packaging and stuff getting more and more numerous and in more and more places, but I got kind of overloaded with it when I saw a copy of Wuthering Heights branded with Twilight art and with a giant sticker that says "BELLA AND EDWARD'S FAVORITE BOOK." Ok, enough already! That book is classic lit... keep it to tshirts and lunchboxes s'il vous plait.

lyttleravyn

I work at a Hot Topic, and we sell the body sprays, lip things and 1 of the eyeshadows. The glitter body sprays are ok I guess, nothing spectacular. The purple loose eyeshadow is actually really cute. I've been thinking of buying it, but I'm waiting till the employees get our extra % off weekend haha.

nebbish

Meisje -- THAT is what I'm talking about. Altho, I didn't know they'd adulterated Wuthering Heights. *Everything* has Twilight on it. Enough already!

lyttleravyn -- I feel like if I got a super discount, I'd probly at least try the stuff. You never know, it might be great. I just don't want to pay $23490238490283 for something I can get sans-Twilight logo cheaper. (exaggerating, obviously) XD

shatteredshards

Like I said in the other thread, the line is probably just basic private label and repack, and the Twilight franchise seems to be sticking their name on anything that will get the weekly allowance out of little teenage girls' hands. It's greedy and sad.

I don't care for it. The only way I'll watch any of the movies - ever - is with a Riff Trax, and I couldn't even make it through the first page of the first book without wanting to hit my head on a wall, the quality of the writing was so sub-par. I'd rather read Harlequins.

But, they'll finish the movies and then a year later, the whole craze will die down to nothing, and everyone who was so obsessed will have moved on to some other obsession.

GUMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish

WTF.

First, they charge more than most of the major brands for packaging. Like -- there's no reason to charge $18 for what they're calling 'staining balm' which reads like it's a tinted lip balm in lipstick form. It's just in a Twilight package.
The bit that amuses me most, tho, is the "Volturi" and "Luna" mascaras are THE SAME and one is like $6 more than the other. Same three shades. Vaguely different packaging, but I imagine they're the same size.

I just don't think it's right to make teenagers pay absorbitant amounts for basically just fancy packaging.

I'm *tempted* to try to lip venom, which we've seen before, buut I won't buy it just out of principle.

LOL thats so retarded. i dont get this twilight hype either.. but i personally think that people just hop on the bandwagon
th_dunno.gif

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I don't care for it. The only way I'll watch any of the movies - ever - is with a Riff Trax.

That actually sounds fun. It's basically what we were doing the whole way through. The only reason I watched it is that someone said I needed to watch it in order to claim it wasn't my thing. I watched it. It's not my thing.

Spikesmom

I think some of the products look nice. I didn't really care for the Twillight books, but I thought the movies cut out all the boring, repetitive stuff.

I went nuts for the MAC Hello Kitty packaging, so I can't criticize anyone for paying for Twillight packaging.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikesmom
I went nuts for the MAC Hello Kitty packaging, so I can't criticize anyone for paying for Twillight packaging.

But that was MAC, which we all know is quality. This is some unknown, random brand with Twilight slapped on it, and I bet my left ovary the price tag is not justified by the quality and uniqueness of the makeup.

Meisje, you can find samples of the Riff Trax for the first movie on YouTube - there's an "official" sample as well as user-created "best of" mashups, which are a bit longer.

mizuki~

Quote:
But that was MAC, which we all know is quality. This is some unknown, random brand with Twilight slapped on it, and I bet my left ovary the price tag is not justified by the quality and uniqueness of the makeup.

Meisje, you can find samples of the Riff Trax for the first movie on YouTube - there's an "official" sample as well as user-created "best of" mashups, which are a bit longer.

Oh really?? I thought it was by DuWop..or maybe that's only the Lip Venom...

You slap anything with anything Twilight-related nowadays and it'll sell like hot cakes no matter what they are. Like these bags of cocaine with a cartoon Edward on them:
1123_twilight_ex_01__oPt.jpg

pic credit to perezhilton.com

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Oh really?? I thought it was by DuWop..or maybe that's only the Lip Venom...

As far as I can tell, it's only the Lip Venom. Makes sense when the venom is the only thing available at Sephora - you have to go through the Twilight Beauty site (or Simple Beauty in the UK and Europe) to get anything else.

On another note, why the heck do they still list no ingredients - for anything - on the site?

Nicala

Quote:
As far as I can tell, it's only the Lip Venom. Makes sense when the venom is the only thing available at Sephora - you have to go through the Twilight Beauty site (or Simple Beauty in the UK and Europe) to get anything else.

On another note, why the heck do they still list no ingredients - for anything - on the site?

Probably because it IS repackaged from a private label! No way I'm spending my money on this. o_O

Hell, today I saw a new moon chocolate bar. I've had enough of the twilight obsession. Le fu.

LMD84

no i have looked at the stuff and am not particularly impressed. and yes i think it is just the lip venom which is by duwop
smiles.gif

susannef

Okay, the makeup looks rather gimmiky. But OMFG Wuthering Heights! I googled "wuthering heights + twilight" and LMFAO! Why in the world would they do that?
th_confused_new.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Why in the world would they do that?
th_confused_new.gif

To make a buck it's as simple as that. Slap twilight on anything right now and it's going to sell. People get caught up in the hype. Specially teenage girls who just happen to have disposable cash at their fingertips.

MzzRach

I've not seen or tried the Twilight cosmetics, but I agree, it is ridiculous what they are slapping the Twilight brand on these days. Whoever said greedy and sad, I agree. There can be some amazing collaborations between artists and cosmetics (MAC is the leader in this area, without a doubt IMHO) but the Twilight branding is getting ridiculous. It's going beyond what makes sense from a tie-in perspective.

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Okay, the makeup looks rather gimmiky. But OMFG Wuthering Heights! I googled "wuthering heights + twilight" and LMFAO! Why in the world would they do that?
th_confused_new.gif

To cash in, I guess.

Wuthering Heights is now in the public domain, which means anyone can publish it, so they didn't even have to pay for the rights to do this rebrand and sell, which is even more irritating. Why not just brand it with "glasses on your dog's butt" and be done with it.

queli13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish

WTF.

th_worship.gif
omg! i cudn't agree more with what you're saying! you know that they're company got sued for stealing a perfume bottle design and only adding a twilight quote to it? i'm so not feelin' the kraze, lol
nope.gif

queli13

you're right though... that lip venom is tempting nonetheless... and also, all twilight crap aside... the twilight woods perfume at b&bw smells yummy
smiles.gif
idk if that's associated with the movie or not though

Latest posts