TWO Dollar Increase in MAC MSF prices?

color_lover456

Who increases their prices by almost ten percent when the economy is experiencing 2% deflation? MSF's are now $27, please join me in ranting.

laguayaca

Re: TWO Dollar Increase?

angry.gif
WTFREAK! That is a crime ! It makes me grrr!
angry.gif

Smokin' Jo

WTF??? R U Serious??? That's crazy especially in these times!!! GRRRR!!!

ladyJ

Yeah I noticed the 2 dollas increase in MSFs too. I'm gonna slow down on buying MAC anyway after HK. I can't afford to splurge as much as I used to.

Ambonee

And actually the BBR MSF's are $28...

(which means all new ones probably will be too)
ssad.gif

I felt terrible when I had quoted someone 25 (which they were before BBR) just to tell them at the register, "Actually..."

I don't know what they are thinking.
th_dunno.gif

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
Yeah I noticed the 2 dollas increase in MSFs too. I'm gonna slow down on buying MAC anyway after HK. I can't afford to splurge as much as I used to.

Same here.
thmbdn.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
And actually the BBR MSF's are $28...

(which means all new ones probably will be too)
ssad.gif

I think the BBR ones were more due to their degrade design. The other ones are still listed as $27 on the site. I would imagine that if they were raising the price to $28, the regular ones would have already been changed to $28, as well.

L1LMAMAJ

Re: TWO Dollar Increase in MAC prices?!

I don't think I could ever bring myself to spending that much for an MSF. they're nice but I don't see myself needing them. After this past year, I've been turning to cheaper alternatives (some drug store products) and exploring different brands, and I gotta say, it's really nice!! It's really great to see what else is out there besides MAC.

purrtykitty

Well, if they keep increasing their prices this much, then they'll end up with a whole lotta stock going to CCOs, and they'll hafta start lowering prices if they want to make sure they're making money off initial releases.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
And the BBR MSFs are smaller (in weight)
ssad.gif

but not in the amount of product. they're all the same: all MSFs and MSFN.

BeautyPsycho

How can it be same amount of product if one is 9 grams and the other is 10 grams?

jenntoz

Thanks for being so understanding of our financial situations MAC
finger.gif

blazeno.8

Oh man, I was so worried about the pigments at first, but they're still the same.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
How can it be same amount of product if one is 9 grams and the other is 10 grams?

1 L of water is the same amount as 1 L of honey, but honey weighs more since it's inherently heavier...yanno what I mean? Similarly, the new MSFs are slightly different so it could have a different composition and therefore different density than the old MSFs. So yes you can have the same amount of product with a different mass.

rachybloom

I know it's hard to hear.. but MAC is probably suffering just as everyone else is in the economy.. if there is less demand, there's less purchasing.. and a price increase is a way to make up for a lack of demand..

color_lover456

increased prices will make up for lack of demand if quantity sold stayed the same, but there is a relationship: the higher your prices, the less you'd be able to sell...

UNLESS there is excess demand for your product and they are always sold out... but i am not seeing that since my ccos have been stocked to the brim!