TWO Dollar Increase in MAC MSF prices?

Curly1908

Re: TWO Dollar Increase in MAC prices?!

And to think, I was thinking about buying Petticoat, Lovething, and Lovejoy.

Hell no.

I already have one pink blush. That's all I need, I guess.

Also, I could've sworn the last time I bought Studio Stick Foundation (a year or two ago), it was a LOT cheaper than $29!!!! WTF???

ETA: And those freakin' Cremesheens are $18 for 2.4 ml????? WTF!!!! Lipgelees are $14 for 15 ml!!!

hawaii02

^I just saw that about the Cremesheens. I can't justify paying $18 for a lip product when I know there are alternatives out there half that.

Kitiara

Wow.
This friday I was going to get Brunette, So Ceylon, Soft and Gentle, and Gold deposit since I loveeeee petticoat blonde and red head.

And I wasssssssss going to get the 2 from the sugarsweet.

Screw that.
no more MSFs for me.

thmbdn.gif

ms.marymac

Re: TWO Dollar Increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
And actually the BBR MSF's are $28...

(which means all new ones probably will be too)
ssad.gif

I felt terrible when I had quoted someone 25 (which they were before BBR) just to tell them at the register, "Actually..."

I don't know what they are thinking.
th_dunno.gif

Oh man I do that aaaalll the time. I am still quoting prices from two years ago.
th_loser.gif

honeyjr

The only things I'll be purchasing in the near future will be a couple of items from the Hello Kitty release and that's only because it's for my niece's birthday. After that, I will be taking a long hiatus from MAC.

Nice business practice. The economy is going down the toilet so they raise their prices. No one complaining to MAC about this?
thmbdn.gif

MissResha

well its official...im getting 5 products from HK, and they're all lip products. i am not spending nowhere near what i planned on. turns out i wasnt that impressed with it. thank god though, i cant afford to spend 300+ on a few items. i'm gonna go splurge at bombshellbargains lol.

j_absinthe

This is hurting me and my MSF addiction. Thankfully I got Petticoat & So Ceylon before the increase. Soft & Gentle is still out there though!

blindpassion

I feel like I "finished" my collection just in time
I live in Canada and msfs are 36 including tax, and rising.
I have all my freelancing supplies, and basically any color I could ever want
and thankgod because prices are going up up up and im glad I got into MAC a few years ago when I did!

nico

Is this price increase in every product
th_confused_new.gif

amyzon

Hate to do it, but I have to play devil's advocate... We can complain all we want about how the recession hurts us and our wallet, but it's always difficult to assume that a big, shiny, pretty company like MAC could have their own struggles due to the economy (rising costs, consumers with less disposable income). I'm just theorizing here, but isn't it possible that the $2 hike could have something to do with a rise in the cost of ingredients used to make MSFs (which I understand is already a time-consuming product to make?). Realistically, companies can only eat the added cost for so long before something has to give. And since this isn't a perfect world and since MAC is a business (out to make money, not make us all perfectly happy and give us wonderful makeup for cheap
smiles.gif
), they are going to offset costs and pass some of the burden to the consumers. Personally I think just as many people will buy MSFs, because they're a great product.

It sucks, and it might make you grumble, but just remember, LOTS of companies have increased their prices. It seems to be a lot easier to brush it off when it's groceries for some reason.
smiles.gif
I'm just glad that the $2 increase is on MSFs only. Can you imagine if you walked into your store tomorrow and eyeshadows and lipsticks were $16.50? Now that would be boycott worthy.

X4biddenxLustX

$28 for an MSF?! And $19 for MES?!

I'm glad that I don't like the MES, they weren't even worth the what $17.50 (I think?) for them.

I think that a sudden $2 is ridiculous, I was thinking along the lines a $1 increase at the most and maybe next year for price increase raise it $0.50. I'm glad I'm only going to need 1 perfect MSF for highlight and that's it.

GlamQueen21

Yeah, I noticed the price increase on the MSF, MES, Cremesheen glasses and the Reflects glitters. I was going to buy two lipsticks and three cremesheen glasses from the Creme Team collection after my HK purchase but I might end up getting one of each at a time.

aLove4MakeUp

it's a little upsetting. i finally decided to give into buying Petticoat MSF but when I saw the $2 increase i stopped myself. Now i dont really know whether i should get it or not.

xxAngelxx

I think the price increase is so freakin stupid. Yet, if I have the spending money at the time, I know I'll get the 2 MSFs from Sugarsweet. But the price increases have forced me to not get as much. I refuse to get an MES. I only got one reflects glitter from HK, instead of both like I planned. And I refuse to pay $18 for a damn lipgloss.

They may be hurting, but raising their prices is not going to sell them any more MAC. They will sell less, people will look elsewhere for cheaper alternatives. I just wish I had a CCO near by. Maybe I'll have to look into CPs...

mszgrace

seems strange to me that mac would be suffering from the effects of the economy. many girls out there give up basic necessities in life to build their makeup collection! all kidding aside, mac prices are already ridiculously high and some consider it bordering insane. if they increase the msfs by $2 i wish mac would do its part and make some kind of improvement on the msf line... you kno the whole give and take concept?

l1onqueen

I just brought Petticoat on the website and it was priced at $25, but in the invoice (email) it was listed as $27, so I called CS and they told me it was a misprint and that only $25 was charged...weird

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxAngelxx
I think the price increase is so freakin stupid. Yet, if I have the spending money at the time, I know I'll get the 2 MSFs from Sugarsweet. But the price increases have forced me to not get as much. I refuse to get an MES. I only got one reflects glitter from HK, instead of both like I planned. And I refuse to pay $18 for a damn lipgloss.

They may be hurting, but raising their prices is not going to sell them any more MAC. They will sell less, people will look elsewhere for cheaper alternatives. I just wish I had a CCO near by. Maybe I'll have to look into CPs...

Very true, I've been buying much less for many reasons but the price increase is one of them. BUT I will continue to keep buying products from MAC but I'll have to be even more careful on deciding on which products to buy. I'm realizing that having x amount of blue e/s that look similar to each other just because they are LE isn't the best way to go when your broke as a joke like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszgrace
seems strange to me that mac would be suffering from the effects of the economy. many girls out there give up basic necessities in life to build their makeup collection! all kidding aside, mac prices are already ridiculously high and some consider it bordering insane. if they increase the msfs by $2 i wish mac would do its part and make some kind of improvement on the msf line... you kno the whole give and take concept?

Lol, I think I'm one of those girls! I've been spending practically every penny I have on MAC before the major downfall of the economy. Like right now I REALLY need new tennis shoes for summer time and some new clothes cause I'm hoping to lose weight but I don't really see that happening cause of...MAC
mac_addict.gif