Uggs: A fashion Do or Don't?

saucipinkbabydoll

they are okay....

I think they are okay. I don't have a pair of uggs for goofy shoes they sure cost a lot.I did however buy a pair that are similar for my trip to England only because they are amazingly comfortable ( I freeze easily coming from Hawaii) I froze my butt off when I went to San Francisco! But I think my pair are way cuter in a leopard print than the plain looking uggs (I like being original)

juicy love

I think they look cute when worn with a miniskirt but I guess it doesn't make any sense wearing fluffy snowstorm boots with a skimpy miniskirt haha.

Modil

UGGS look great with short mini's or skinny pants - Its how you wear it.

Plus they are very warm/comfy during winter.

user2

I don't know why I did but I bought a pair in pink on Ebay yesterday!
I hope they look cute...anyway I paid $30 for them!
smiles.gif

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita
I hate uggs with a firey passion that burns deep down inside my soul.

IM GONNA SECOND THAT... BUT I MUST ADMIT I DID WEAR A CHEAP PAIR IN THE WINTER WHEN IT SNOWED... THEY KEPT MY FEEL TRY EVEN THOUGH I LOOKED LIKE BIGFOOT WALKING DOWN THE STREET! BLAH

Shawna

I seriously think that they are ugly, but I just got a pink pair at Costco for $35. They aren't Uggs, but they are genuine sheepskin. I work in a place that has ice cold concrete floors and am so looking forward to not having frozen toes.
greengrin.gif

I must say that when I tried them on, I really didn't want to take them off. They are really comfy.

Ok, I have had them on for an hour or so now, and I swear I am not ever taking them off. They are the softest, warmest boots I have ever had. I don't care how ugly they are. I might go back and buy another pair in a different colour I love them so much. I guess I am a fashion don't, and I am ok with it.
greengrin.gif

midnightlouise

I adore mine! I've been wearing them for years and I'm not about to stop because they're sickeningly trendy.
greengrin.gif
I started wearing them when I was pregnant because it was easier for me to pull on just the boots & not have to worry about socks, too. They keep my feet toasty warm so I couldn't care less about anything else. I'm all about comfort.
greengrin.gif

edited to add that I only wear them in cold weather with jeans. I don't do miniskirts, period.
smiles.gif

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
I adore mine! I've been wearing them for years and I'm not about to stop because they're sickeningly trendy.
greengrin.gif
I started wearing them when I was pregnant because it was easier for me to pull on just the boots & not have to worry about socks, too. They keep my feet toasty warm so I couldn't care less about anything else. I'm all about comfort.
greengrin.gif

edited to add that I only wear them in cold weather with jeans. I don't do miniskirts, period.
smiles.gif

Oh, are you supposed to wear them without socks? They still keep your feet warm? My feet are always like ice. As for the miniskirts, um, I've had a kid and there is no way I'm putting on a mini when I have to bend over and help him with various kid stuff during the day. Plus I'm old. Nobody wants to see that.
winks.gif

2_pink

Quote:

ditto

user2

So my Uggs arrived today and I don't think I'll take them off today....damn they're comfy!!

Isis

I was browsing through a book today on shoes while I was at B&N and apparentlly UGG really does stand for Ugly
greengrin.gif
LOL
I wouldn't be caught dead in them.

lovejam

I like them. I think they're cute, plus my feet get extraordinarily cold during fall and winter. We're talking ice. So, they really help.

I don't have Uggs, though. I have generic ones I got at Payless. XD

Gabrielle

I have a pair that my mother gave me because she didn't like them anymore.

I'd never buy them on my own but during the winter, they really *do* keep my feet warm so I'll wear them no matter what they look like. =\

caffn8me

I have to confess that I didn't know what Uggs were until I did some poking around! I wouldn't wear them myself as I'm not particularly keen on the look but I can imagine that some people would find them very useful. I'll stick to my Italian knee length leather boots which have a thermal lining and a great grippy Vibram sole. I wore them in Cincinnati, Ohio on 31st January 2004 when temperatures outside dropped to -7 °F / -21 °C and had no problems.

BabyFu18

I love uggs and ugg-like boots, they are so comfortable. I'm all for comfort and fashion to be mixed together. Some people hate uggs and the way they look but I think they can be cute with the right outfit.

YOOTOPiA

we used to wear uggs for swim like 10+ years ago and now its just such a fashion don't that you might as well toss 'em.

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:

You couldn't have expressed my thoughts better!

aziajs

I have never tried them bu I'd like to. I would wear them in the fall/winter when the weather is chilly and I think that's fine. But I would never understand how people wore them in the summer with minis or short shorts.