UK ladies... What comes out this Thursday?

as_cute_as_pie

i got my delievery from mac today
smiles.gif
never ordered online before
only got volcanic ash exfoliator as its sold out at my nearest counters
ssad.gif

ordered it on sat night got it today.. was super impressed with the packing it was in a neat little box and was in loads of tissue and was in the middle was so cute
smiles.gif

compared to some shoes i also ordered off topshop.com which came just in a plastic bag and were bashed to bits kinda looked like someone had sat on them then ran them over in their car :p
heh

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Or I grab all the testers and head to the till and dump them in the hands of whomever is free.

I do this too, much easier than trying to get the attention of someone when they're busy.

QueenEmB

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
i got my delievery from mac today
smiles.gif
never ordered online before
only got volcanic ash exfoliator as its sold out at my nearest counters
ssad.gif

ordered it on sat night got it today.. was super impressed with the packing it was in a neat little box and was in loads of tissue and was in the middle was so cute
smiles.gif

MAC packaging is so OTT!

at least they don't use plastic though and it can be recycled.

ritchieramone

When they used to run the mail order service over the phone only, the packaging left a lot to be desired. They go a bit over the top now, but before the boxes and tissue paper, they would just chuck things into over-sized padded envelopes and hope for the best. I had to send back smashed Blot Powders to them on a number of occasions as they had posted them in A4-sized envelopes which meant they had a lot of room to move about and become damaged. On the plus side, they sent everything Special Delivery so I always got my order the next day.

c00ki312

Quote:
^^ I do that as well. Or I grab all the testers and head to the till and dump them in the hands of whomever is free. I'd actually prefer not having MAs hovering over me whilst I'm choosing stuff. It would be nice if they acknowledged you though, by saying, "good morning," "good afternoon," "hiya," or some such.

I'm ex-retail and I've found that people appreciate being greeted - hell, I appreciate it when I'm greeted. Then leave me for a little while and then, come up to me asking if I need any help.
yes.gif

LOL i do that too!

i sometimes wonder if all ma's are trained to be rude, snobby, unhelpful and intimidating. i know it might sound unfair but ive been to every mac in london and have not received friendly service. as much as i love mac and going to the store swatching things, i sometimes wish that i didnt feel like a fish out of water there, so much so that id sacrifice my swatch-time and order online which takes the joy out of it. some ma's make you feel like u shouldnt be there unless you're beautiful or great at make up and when u want help, its nowhere to be found. yesterday i wanted an opinion on 2 lipglosses and i walked up to this ma but she didnt even look up and carried on cleaning her brushes even though i swear she could hear me breathe near her lol anyway arrggghhh i just wanted to rant. ma's take note! its not just me who feels this way ya know! lol

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ki312
LOL i do that too!

i sometimes wonder if all ma's are trained to be rude, snobby, unhelpful and intimidating. i know it might sound unfair but ive been to every mac in london and have not received friendly service. as much as i love mac and going to the store swatching things, i sometimes wish that i didnt feel like a fish out of water there, so much so that id sacrifice my swatch-time and order online which takes the joy out of it. some ma's make you feel like u shouldnt be there unless you're beautiful or great at make up and when u want help, its nowhere to be found. yesterday i wanted an opinion on 2 lipglosses and i walked up to this ma but she didnt even look up and carried on cleaning her brushes even though i swear she could hear me breathe near her lol anyway arrggghhh i just wanted to rant. ma's take note! its not just me who feels this way ya know! lol

I went to the Covent Garden one last week & I thought the 2 ladies who helped me were really lovely.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ki312
LOL i do that too!

i sometimes wonder if all ma's are trained to be rude, snobby, unhelpful and intimidating.

ma's take note! its not just me who feels this way ya know! lol

No we're not trained to be rude or snobby or unhelpful or intimidating. Sorry you feel that way - once you had got the MAs attention, was she/he helpful in answering your lip gloss query?

The only thing I can say is sorry a lot of you are not impressed with the customer service but I can assure you the training we get is actually the total opposite. We are told exactly how to approach/talk to our different customers and what kinds of lines to use and how to deal with 'defensive' customers i.e. those who say ''sorry im just looking''. We are also reminded of customers who do just come in to browse and how much time we should give them to do this before we approach them.
We dont go in for the hard sell either as mac products sell themselves, so maybe sometimes it can feel as though we arent helpful in approaching you or recommending stuff to you...
th_dunno.gif
I dunno.

Anyway I dont want to say too much, cos I have defended MA's like this in other threads and got hurtful defensive comments back. But just want to say sorry on behalf of mac ma's and will mention it to my colleagues at training. Hope that helps in some way
smiles.gif

DirtyPlum

Quote:
One could argue about heat and kitchens, but I guess that, at the end of the day, MAs can be forgiven for being human.
greengrin.gif

The same argument could be applied to customers...
cutey.gif

For the MA's, not only is their job about their passion and expressing creativity, it is their way to make a living. Easier said than done to leave the kitchen if it gets too hot. But I didnt think it was the MAs who were complaining on here abt their work conditions?

A little respect and empathy goes a very long way, on a two-way street
smiles.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Thanks for your response, DirtyPlum
smiles.gif

I've had both sides of the coin - ignored but really helpful and pleasant when I've asked for help as well as the overly eager, hovering and obnoxious ones.

I think that part of the issue could also be that MAC tends to get so busy that a lot of MAs are probably run-ragged and it's hard to still keep smiling when you've had a busy day and you've had to deal with some rude and/or annoying customers. I guess that's just the nature of customer-facing roles.

One could argue about heat and kitchens, but I guess that, at the end of the day, MAs can be forgiven for being human.
greengrin.gif

Thanks for responding DirtyPlum, its great to hear from some MA's and see it from your side as well.

Sometimes I just think 'oh well, they are only human after all, just like the rest of us'. I have had some really excellent advice and had MA's been really good and stuff, I mean, my counter on N collection launch day and Fafi launch day was fantastic!!
greengrin.gif
They looked brilliant and even though it was dead busy in there, they were going round making sure everyone was getting served and buying what they wanted!! The place had an excellent buzz round it, it was all down to the MA's!!
greengrin.gif
I love my counter when its like that, its FAB!!

Nah, like the above person said, I've had both sides of the coin and it must be really hard being an MA at MAC, like I say they are only human as well!!
greengrin.gif

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
ive written my letter and am sending it tomorrow, wish me luck! i hope i get a reply. has anyone ever complained to mac before?
in my letter i explained whats happened, my disgust at the situation and ive told them exactly how much ive spent on their website since november 2007.

well not so much complained but i just sent them a email asking if the formula had changed for the fluidlines as the blacktrack i had just got was alot more 'sheer' than others i had got.
she sent a email back sayin it had not but just to make sure she would send me a one in the post
smiles.gif

thought it was really nice of them and i really was just enquiring if it had changed wasn't expecting free stuff at all
greengrin.gif

trollydolly

just thought id update everyone with my situation,
i havent recieved my refund yet (its been almost two weeks) and no reply to my letter yet.
i phoned mac today to question why i havent recieved my refund yet and the girl i spoke to had no record of the fact that im supposed to be getting a refund for the port red l/s i never recieved and for my saturday delivery which was never honoured. anyway shes going to speak to her manager and give me a ring back tomorrow.
i doubt il get a reply to my letter. all in all im really disappointed with them.

wikdwich

Are the cool heat shadows still availiable in the UK etc? I NEED CLIMATE BLUE AND GLUF STREAM and CANt get them in the US anymore. Im willing to wheel and deal with anyone that can get em for me!
drools.gif