UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

PeachTwist

I never pay for shipping from MAC website. I always make sure the order is over £50 'cause I'd rather get an extra item than pay the £2.95 shipping
lol.gif

However the biggest problem I've noticed with MAC shipping lately is the notifications. I'm not getting dispatch e-mail or tracking numbers. IF I do, I've already received it. I get my items usually within 2 days depending. I usually order on a Saturday and I have it on Tuesday. I made an order sometime in May and on the MAC website it still says "In Warehouse" - but I have it. If I wasn't an honest person I'd call 'em up and tell 'em I didn't get it. Lmao.

What does concern me though is DHL. They're signing for my MAC packages and leaving them in my front porch. Granted, they're hidden so no one can see them and hopefully not steal them, but what concerns me is if they sign for it and I actually DON'T get it due to it being stolen or something -- Although I somewhat appreciate them doing it so they don't have to re-deliver, I am concerned one day something will go missing.

banana1234

i think i must not be feeling well, nothing from semi precious is calling me, and i'm now second guessing my decision to get the brushes...

what is your favourite cheek / blush brush?

and also what is your fav brush for powder?

i have a 109 which i use for blush currently, but i was wondering about the 129 or 116 what do u guys think?

Alisha1

I never pay for shipping from MAC website. I always make sure the order is over £50 'cause I'd rather get an extra item than pay the £2.95 shipping
lol.gif

However the biggest problem I've noticed with MAC shipping lately is the notifications. I'm not getting dispatch e-mail or tracking numbers. IF I do, I've already received it. I get my items usually within 2 days depending. I usually order on a Saturday and I have it on Tuesday. I made an order sometime in May and on the MAC website it still says "In Warehouse" - but I have it. If I wasn't an honest person I'd call 'em up and tell 'em I didn't get it. Lmao.

What does concern me though is DHL. They're signing for my MAC packages and leaving them in my front porch. Granted, they're hidden so no one can see them and hopefully not steal them, but what concerns me is if they sign for it and I actually DON'T get it due to it being stolen or something -- Although I somewhat appreciate them doing it so they don't have to re-deliver, I am concerned one day something will go missing.

Wow can't believe your MAC orders get delivered that way^
good thing Debenhams sell MAC so there are other (usually cheaper) options :)
I ordered two mega metal eyeshadows from Debenhams - should receive them on monday :)

AndSparkle

Wow.. I'm actually glad I've not ordered anything from MAC for 6 months if delivery has gone bad.

And that sounds amazingly weird - I'd have never thought it possible! :p

Alisha1

Wow.. I'm actually glad I've not ordered anything from MAC for 6 months if delivery has gone bad.

And that sounds amazingly weird - I'd have never thought it possible! :p
Woah 6 months! And I thought I was good for not buying any makeup since almost a month except magazine freebies!

LMD84

i think i must not be feeling well, nothing from semi precious is calling me, and i'm now second guessing my decision to get the brushes...

what is your favourite cheek / blush brush?

and also what is your fav brush for powder?

i have a 109 which i use for blush currently, but i was wondering about the 129 or 116 what do u guys think?
for blush i always use the 109 or 129 and i am very happy with those. my fave powder brush is the 182 kabuki. i think you should buy the 129 - it's really soft, you can blend as well as apply colour and it washes well too which is always good! :)

Sweetoothj

[quote name="PeachTwist" url="/forum/thread/174828/uk-release-dates-discussion-all-brands-welcome/870#post_2133435"]

Mine too - I'm new to MAC so I'm building it up.  I have quite a few LE things but not many, thankfully I never want too much from a collection so I'm able to focus on the perm line. I'm starting with eyeshadows and blush and then working my way over to lipsticks and lipliners and then eyeliners. I got the mini UD set a couple years ago for xmas so I'm covered for coloured eyeliners atm.

lol.gif

However the biggest problem I've noticed with MAC shipping lately is the notifications.  I'm not getting dispatch e-mail or tracking numbers.  IF I do, I've already received it.  I get my items usually within 2 days depending.  I usually order on a Saturday and I have it on Tuesday.  I made an order sometime in May and on the MAC website it still says "In Warehouse" - but I have it. If I wasn't an honest person I'd call 'em up and tell 'em I didn't get it.  Lmao.

What does concern me though is DHL.  They're signing for my MAC packages and leaving them in my front porch.  Granted, they're hidden so no one can see them and hopefully not steal them, but what concerns me is if they sign for it and I actually DON'T get it due to it being stolen or something -- Although I somewhat appreciate them doing it so they don't have to re-deliver, I am concerned one day something will go missing.
[/quote] DHL has been sold to Yodel which is owned by HDNL, you'll find that they hire self employed drivers and so unless you're sat at home all day the odds are they will try to do what they can to offload the parcels if nobody is home, ie get a neigbhbour to sign for it etc. I dont expect the service to get much better to be honest. Personally I prefer to collect my parcels from the depot but this process is made difficult by no cards being left by the drivers meaning your time is spent trying to speak to someone in the depot to arrange to hold your parcel!

LMD84

i wish mac would go back to using dpd to be honest. they are very reliable (i use them all the time with my work) and i have only been let down once or twice over using them for about 3 years!

Sweetoothj

I totally agree, I've never had a problem with DPD and have had some very expensive items delivered and sent by them. I suppose its a good thing because then I wont be so trigger happy and will go to the MAC counter which incidentally is only 20 mins away in the car lol!!

AndSparkle

Woah 6 months! And I thought I was good for not buying any makeup since almost a month except magazine freebies!
I've brought other make up - I think mainly Yaby and Nails Inc, but no MAC. My last MAC purchase was the Cham Pale quad, on New Years Day in Birmingham. :)

Alisha1

Wish I could stop buying MAC for that long! My purse sure would be happy!

Has anyone placed an order for the Byzance collection? I've still go to and am kinda scared things are going to sell out :/

nazia

I've been invited to a preview for the Semi Precious collection but I'm scared of this collection! I like way too many of the eyeshadows! I think I can pass on all the rest but the eyeshadows and brushes are calling to me! I hope we get lots of comparisons to existing and older LE products so I can cut down my list.

Just out of interest, what tactics do any of you use to try and curb your spending on makeup occasionally? I need to stop buying!

nazia

Ooh Yaby always intrigues me - their shadows look great! But I like to swatch and play with everything I buy beforehand. Only thing I've bought unseen this past year or two was Abyssinian Catbird eyeshadow from Rouge Bunny Rouge.

LMD84

I've been invited to a preview for the Semi Precious collection but I'm scared of this collection! I like way too many of the eyeshadows! I think I can pass on all the rest but the eyeshadows and brushes are calling to me! I hope we get lots of comparisons to existing and older LE products so I can cut down my list.

Just out of interest, what tactics do any of you use to try and curb your spending on makeup occasionally? I need to stop buying!
i try not going into the shops and i also limit myself to only making purchases once a month. for example when i have made a purchase from mac it is rare that i will make a second order. also i always have money set aside for my make up spending and rarely go over budget :)

Anitacska

How cool, I've never been invited to a preview!

Oh and I'm the wrong person to ask for tactics as I just spend and spend like there's no tomorrow...
blush-anim-cl.gif

However, I don't think I'm going to order the Chanel quad from Selfrdiges because it's a lot of money plus £4.95 shipping and no loyalty card points. Meh, it might just turn up on eBay or something.

AndSparkle

Ooh Yaby always intrigues me - their shadows look great! But I like to swatch and play with everything I buy beforehand. Only thing I've bought unseen this past year or two was Abyssinian Catbird eyeshadow from Rouge Bunny Rouge.

I have swatches of all the pearl paints on my blog. Was meant to put them on here but couldn't be bothered haha. :) Theyre really good but I find the lighter colours fade after about 10 hours.

As for tactics.. I think the big thing is that you need something to distract you. Something like exams in my case!

Sweetoothj

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/174828/uk-release-dates-discussion-all-brands-welcome/870#post_2133801"]is the chanel quad online? i can't find it!!
[/quote] I think you will have to ring up, I couldnt find it either unless its all gone!!